shape
carat
color
clarity

New Rhodolite Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Plan A: I had a pair of 1/2 pc diamond studs that I wanted to upgrade. However the B&M store where I bought them left me saying "ewww" when I looked at the larger diamonds.

Plan B then became an idea to find a nice cushion rectangular stone and have a ring made using the pc diamonds as accents. I stumbled across a beautiful raspberry rhodolite stone at my local jewelers. It was $41. I went home and got the earrings and went back to see how they''d look with the garnet. It looked great so I had the jeweler make me this ring. I was so excited to find the stone I forgot to look at the carat weight but the stone is 8 x 6 mm.

I don’t normally wear this large of a stone (6 x 4 mm ovals seem to be my favorite size) but I do like this ring.

Here is the finished ring. I had to wear it on my left hand because I couldn’t figure out how the take the photo with the ring on my right hand.

mcrhodpcring.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

Beautiful ring and what a great idea you had. Looks great on you.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Marcy, it looks so elegant! It looks lovely on your hand, congrats on a great find
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda and Skippy. I am glad you like my ring.

Linda, I am always trying to thing of ways to make new jewelry out of pieces I already have. I am very anxious to see your pad pendant.

Skippy, I was very excited to find such a nice rhodolite then when the price was so cheap I said "I''ll be right back". Of course the problem is now I''ll have to look for earrings to match.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,
Love your new rhodolite ring. What a lovely color it is, and how you were able to get it at a great price. Love that your were able to use your diamonds as side stones. You did a great job, and it looks lovely on your hand!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kaleigh. I really like the color; it''s quite a nice stone. I think he made up for the low price of the gem in the mounting he bought me. Ha Ha. Oh well, I like the ring so that''s okay.

sheena

Rough_Rock
Marcy the rhodolite ring is elegant and stunning.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is very beautiful! Good find on that stone. I am not that familiar with Rhodolite. What kind of a stone is it? The color is very beautiful.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous color! It''s beautiful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sheena, thank you for the kind words about my ring.

Beacon, I am glad you like my ring. Rhodolite is in the garnet family. You’ll usually find them in a grape and raspberry color.

Mercoledi, I really like the color. The minute I looked in the case at the loose gemstones it caught my eye. I even went out and bought some nail polish to match it today.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Rhodolite, and yours has such beautiful coloring. Enjoy and wear it in good health.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Diamond Dana. I really like Rhodolite too.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very pretty marcyc! What a lovely solution to the stud issue, and I just love the color of the stone (complements the nail polish too!). Have lots of fun with your new ring
4.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh, it''s lovely! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Love in Bloom, Sharon and San Diego lady.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Another clever idea! It''s soo pretty!

BTW- I found a jeweler to do the work on my earrings. They were just started today, but I''ll have them soon (I hope!) AND, for only $40!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SomeThingShiny, I am so excited to hear you are getting your earrings made for $40. That is awesome! I can''t wait to see them.

I''m glad you like my ring. It turned out great. This one wasn''t very cheap but the band he bought to mount everything in is really thick gold so it''s comfortable to wear.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your new rhodolite ring is gorgeous!!! I love the stone, and the setting is wonderful too!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Monnie. I am glad you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results