shape
carat
color
clarity

help me with Blue Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
hi all,

okay time is near.

i''ve been looking long and hard and thought i found the ring.

but then got thrown a loop when the missus mentioned that if Lady Di was okay with a blue sapphire then she could have one too...hahahaha....something like that.

so what i need is help learning about sapphires.

how do you judge their cut, clarity etc...

i''ll most likely be buying from a private retailer near me if i can find one i just want to learn as much as possible and see some examples of them and what to look for.

i will also most likely surround it on either side with diamonds, either stones or stones within the band.

let me know what you think all.

thank you very much.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com They sell unheated sapphires, I bought a finished sapphire ring from them and am thrilled with it. Read their education section. Not sure what your budget is. But it's a start, they have beautiful sapphires. Good luck in your search.
1.gif

mrchips

Rough_Rock
budget: looking for setting with some diamonds to be about $5500 - $6000

widget

Ideal_Rock
There''s some great educational material at: www.palagems.com

And you might checkout: preciousgemstones.com. He puts out quarterly newletters which are fascinating...

Good luck!

widget

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like Kaleigh suggested, you will love www.thenaturalsapphirecompany. I have bought many sapphires from them, plus 4 finished rings from them, all unheated sapphires. They are beautiful. Steven Bliss is a treasure to work with.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results