shape
carat
color
clarity

How would a 3ct RB look in a D''Vatche X prong mount?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susi

Shiny_Rock
I''m wanting to do something with my 3ct round. Considering a mount with side baguettes....a kind of Harry Winston look with the baguettes set in a high shouldered look.

Also Considering the D''Vatche X prong in plat....have a Tiffany Lucida set, of course, in this style mount and I love it. Also would like the 18K X prong mount with plat head. Same thing, almost.

I would very much appreciate opinions...and possibly pics if anyone has a rings of around 3cts in either of these style mounts?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Susi, I''m not positive, but I "think" I''ve got the biggest stone out of all the X-Prong owners. (someone please correct me if I''m wrong!) And mine is a measly 1.4, so a pic won''t do much good.
9.gif

However, I think your 3 ct. would look absolutely stunning in one, imho.
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Susi,
Well, you know I love the X prong and I certainly love the sound of a 3 ct round in it! My only concern is that it would be so similar to your lucida in style, would you prefer to have a different look? I guess it depends if you want similar or different. I believe some time ago someone had a large rectangular or radiant or something in X prong but I don''t think it''s anyone who is currently on.... sorry not to be more specific!
Gail

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
What wouldn''t a 3ct look good in??
18.gif

I really like the look of a large center stone with side baguettes, so that''s my vote.

susi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, very much!! I definitely love the x prong look and specifically in ''Vatche......who also makes the Tiffany Lucida mounts. I like the smoothness and finish on these rings and how wonderful they feel on the hand.

I''ve had a 2 ct round in this mount/style, but my hesitation with the 3 ct is with it''s size will it make the x prong look all out of proportion? I''m as concerned about the mount as I am the stone. I''m tired of my 6 prong stuller bombe mount and want something elegant and simple. The stone would be a show off
20.gif
no matter how I mount it so I''m more concerned with the mount itself.

Poor stone.....I have not worn it in ages and it needs a definite change.

susi

Shiny_Rock
jayrenay, I also love the baguette look....both options are out there for me.....a week ago in Tiffany''s I asked to see a 3ct with baguettes and it was a lovely ring. The side stones were too small tho..... and I would use at least two baguettes on each side with a stone of this weight.....but the style was lovely, nonetheless.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the look of a single baguette on each side. But then, I''m partial since thats what I have :) Althogh my daimond is 1/2 the size of yours at 1.63ct. I love the look with larger stones though. Elegant. I love, love my ring.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 9:18:10 AM
Author: susi
Thanks, very much!! I definitely love the x prong look and specifically in ''Vatche......who also makes the Tiffany Lucida mounts. I like the smoothness and finish on these rings and how wonderful they feel on the hand.

I''ve had a 2 ct round in this mount/style, but my hesitation with the 3 ct is with it''s size will it make the x prong look all out of proportion? I''m as concerned about the mount as I am the stone. I''m tired of my 6 prong stuller bombe mount and want something elegant and simple. The stone would be a show off
20.gif
no matter how I mount it so I''m more concerned with the mount itself.

Poor stone.....I have not worn it in ages and it needs a definite change.
Are you kidding? We have ladies here with stones that size putting them on 2mm bands.
9.gif
2.gif

Honestly? I wish my stone were a tad larger, because I think MINE looks a bit unproportional. So, I absolutely think, personally, that your stone would look devine, and in no way unproportional in this setting. I truly think it would be full fledged drool worthy!
30.gif

And thank you for the comments on my set!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pics of your ring, asscherisme? I like the Harry Winston style too..with side baguettes. Would love to see what your size diamond looks like in that setting. Thanks

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am very technilogically challenged! If you go under my history and look for topics by me under show me the ring, you can find it.

You or anyone else is welcome to bring the photo here. I had help posting it originally as well.

Its a vatche setting.

susi

Shiny_Rock
I''ve talked with my jeweler about the X prong styling and we felt that maybe...because of the width of the shank that sweeps up to the metal basket surrounding the ring.....would have to be as wide as the prongs ( the shank would go from prong to prong...no gap ) that I would end up with a strange looking x prong mount.

This looks great on rings I''ve seen up to 2 carats but, I''ve not seen it on larger stones. I wish someone had a 3+ carat x prong mount I could drool over....but I can''t see in my head this size mount looking as graceful as it''s smaller counterparts. I feel it would be too bulky even if the ring tapered to say....3 cms under the finger. I would be quite a bit more hefty than that up against the prongs to accommodate the width of the stone and prongs.

susi

Shiny_Rock
february, thank you! I remember seeing this when I was looking for a Lucida.....it''s a beautiful ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 4:44:28 PM
I''ve talked with my jeweler about the X prong styling and we felt that maybe...because of the width of the shank that sweeps up to the metal basket surrounding the ring.....would have to be as wide as the prongs ( the shank would go from prong to prong...no gap ) that I would end up with a strange looking x prong mount.

This looks great on rings I''ve seen up to 2 carats but, I''ve not seen it on larger stones. I wish someone had a 3+ carat x prong mount I could drool over....but I can''t see in my head this size mount looking as graceful as it''s smaller counterparts. I feel it would be too bulky even if the ring tapered to say....3 cms under the finger. I would be quite a bit more hefty than that up against the prongs to accommodate the width of the stone and prongs.
Hmmm, I never thought of that....but you have a point.

I''d say then, the baguettes would be a much safer bet. And it''s a real classic look, so nothing risky.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 8:36:59 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/29/2007 4:44:28 PM

Hmmm, I never thought of that....but you have a point.

I''d say then, the baguettes would be a much safer bet. And it''s a real classic look, so nothing risky.
I agree with Ellen. As much as I am partial to x prongs, I think the baguettes would be better for your big beautiful diamond! Plus you can have a varied look since you have the gorgeous Lucida too...
18.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
How would it look? It would look like utter crap. So you should send it to me immediately and I will dispose of it for you poste haste!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:41:49 PM
Author: surfgirl
How would it look? It would look like utter crap. So you should send it to me immediately and I will dispose of it for you poste haste!
LOL, you''re so cute.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, surfgirl!

I think your Lucida is gorgeous, and since you already have that look, I would want something different for the round. And the two things I love most for large rounds are the side baguettes or side pears. I''d be calling Leon Mege and asking him about how soon I could send the stone so he could match those baguettes!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! As for the diamond in a vatche mount looking like crap and needing to be sent to a new home....well.....I "might" just keep it a little longer to see if it gets better
2.gif
looking....if not, then.......

I''m still trying to decide and have been looking at the LM site....I also have access to a designer who can make something ( thru my jeweler ) the question is....what do I want?

I want a mount that is a simple basket that would bring this stone alive on my hand and heart. Despite it''s size/weight, I''ve never been that excited about it. It''s not my favorite size stone it''s actually too large...( I KNOW, don''t laugh.....that is a STRANGE thing to say on pricescope ) but stones, to me, over 2 carats become a problem when it comes to mounts and actual wearing. I much prefer my 1-2 carat size/weight stones.

I''ll just have to live with it ( said with a wink...I know what I have here and am very grateful for it )....and find it a pretty new home.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Susi, I''ve always been partial to side baguettes. I love that look. Although I''ve suddenly taken a liking to side bullets.
9.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Michelle, I love your beautiful ring! ( agree on baguettes as sides, too!) Could you direct me to larger pics of your ring??

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 9:11:59 AM
Michelle, I love your beautiful ring! ( agree on baguettes as sides, too!) Could you direct me to larger pics of your ring??
Thanks Susi, I don''t know how to do links but there is a thread under SMTR about a 2.52 ball of sunlight, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results