shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in NYC FRIDAY NEED IDEAS! Where to eat etc....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juvehill

Rough_Rock
i need ideas for nyc..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Budget?

juvehill

Rough_Rock
I dont really have a budget. We are in our mid 20''s and i just want the most romantic place. Oh and she only eats chicken or steak.. so that must be on the menu haha

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, it kind of depends on your (and her!) personal preferences. If you want a traditional setting, you might go Tavern on the Green for dinner (it''s a well-known establishment with a good reputation and a certain cachet, and they have the loveliest fairy lights) and follow up with a carriage ride through the park (although, if you''re planning on proposing in the park, take a note from the "Mugging" thread below and be sure to stay to well-lit, well-populated paths). If you want something a little trendier but still romantic, I''d recommend Tao: it''s got a great atmosphere (you can''t beat a 30 ft. gilt statue for panache), and the food - asian-inspired fusion cuisine - is delicious. If you go for steak, the wasabi-crusted is fantastic, and given how nice they were when I asked them to incorporate a little birthday flair for a boyfriend''s desert, I''m sure they''d be willing to help out with a proposal. If you want something a little smaller in scale, the Village is full of gorgeous little bistros with a more intimate feel ... it all kind of depends. Are you from the city? Any places that have special significance for the two of you?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I second the Tavern on the Green idea.. I proposal in the Chandelier room? Sigh.. Is she into musicals at all? My dream proposal would actually probably be dinner at Tavern on the Green and then going to see a show on Broadway :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

First thing I thought of was: La Esquina. You''ll have to make reservations and I don''t know how hard it is to get into anymore. There was a time when you couldn''t even book two months out. Maybe if you tell them you are planning to propose they will get you in. This resturaunt has a take out place in front and you''d never know that there is a romantic dining area downstairs but you have to walk through the kitchen to get there. Its perfect for a proposal and I doubt she would expect it. Its also very moderatly priced. Living here for years, if my boyfriend took me to Tavern on the Green or Two if By Sea and some of the other well known places, I think I might suspect something. Then again, you can''t go wrong with any of them. La Esquina is great if you want something unique and romantic.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot one. I''ve been dying to go to Per Sé. I might think something is up with this one though. I also love the patio resturaunt at the Hudson Hotel. One could not forget Megu or any of the other asian fusions: Nobo, Budakhan, Morimoto...etc.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, the Hudson! If you''re going for a sophisticated feel, I second this suggestion: the atmosphere is really delightful. Blends cutting edge decor with an old-world, luxurious ambiance ....

AtlanticAve

Rough_Rock
Good call on La Esquina, that''d probably be my first choice as well. A great combination of sexy, secret and surprisingly tasty food.
In a more conventional romantic, River Cafe in Brooklyn would probably make the list.
Per Se, good luck getting reservations!

For a great pre/post-dinner cocktail, Pegu Club on Houston St is (IMO) the premier gin bar in town.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 11:15:23 AM
Author: AtlanticAve
Good call on La Esquina, that''d probably be my first choice as well. A great combination of sexy, secret and surprisingly tasty food.
In a more conventional romantic, River Cafe in Brooklyn would probably make the list.

For a great pre/post-dinner cocktail, Pegu Club on Houston St is (IMO) the premier gin bar in town.
They could go to La Esquina and then Pegu Club and then Pravda, since it is down there too. They make the best cucumber martini! Wait...I think I just planned my ideal proposal...or at least a great date.

AtlanticAve

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 4:11:33 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 10/9/2007 11:15:23 AM

Author: AtlanticAve

They could go to La Esquina and then Pegu Club and then Pravda, since it is down there too. They make the best cucumber martini! Wait...I think I just planned my ideal proposal...or at least a great date.

9.gif
while this wasn''t initially my thread, it''s made my own proposal much easier.

clyparkr

Rough_Rock
I would suggest a place called Del Frescos... its a very tasty steak house in nyc over in the mid town area very close to radio city and the top of the rock (a decent place to propose)

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i''d go with bobby flays bar americain on 52nd. they have great steaks and chick there! im partial cause i used to work there, but its still delicious food in an awesome environment
1.gif

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
juvehill - how did the proposal go? What did you decide on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results