shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweet (candy) proposal, help on where!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Ok, so my girl LOVES surprises. Anything, even small gets her attention. I am trying to be as sneaky as possible about this, so I hvae narrowed it down to a KitKat. Yes, a KitKat. I have taken the candy out of the wrapper and carved a wood box by hand to slide in, re-sealed it, and it looks just like a kit kat.

I like to ''wing it'' so this is perfect. whenever the moment strikes, I can take it out of my pocket and tell her to have some.

Now the question is, she loves the Monterey aquarium too, so I am taking her there. Any particular place that is good? I was thinking about getting a diver to hold up a sign inthe aquarium saying Marry me. Then, I am not sure about the public proposal (for her not me).

So I thought about the beach (it will be nice and warm Saturday). But I want to get this done around 2pm (not sunset) cause i will start activing wierd and want to spend the day relaxed, not anxious.

Any suggestions on when or where?? Aquarium, beach??? Maybe give it to an otter?? Any thoughts?

largirl

Shiny_Rock
No help on where; I''m not familiar with the area. But if you are unsure about how she''d react to a public proposal (i.e. she''s shy or quiet) I would steer clear. You want this moment to be amazing and special and she shouldn''t be stressed out about a crowd at all!

I LOVE the KitKat bar idea! I think you should stick with that. Take her on a walk along a beach or pier at sunset, and pull out two pieces - one for you and one for her (that is if you usually eat them). Let her discover the ring when she unwraps it! Such a cute idea!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with LarGirl. If your GF is the shy type, I would stay away from public places. If you are not sure, enlist some help of her friends and family. I think it would be cute if you share a kitkat with her watching her favorite show or movie at home. Or you could tell her you don''t have a ring, but ask her to marry you and "celebrate" with the kitkat.

just some thoughts.

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help.

Maybe I should clarify. I made a wood kitkat bar, and I am sliding it in the original wrapper. There is a hollow spot that will hold the ring, so when she opens what she thinks is a kit kat, the ring will be right in front of her.

I will post pictures. I am painting it now.

I am trying to think of a good place to ''whip it out'' so to speak. Nice bar, beach, the actual aquarium. Not sure what is the most romantic. Perhaps I will have to find out.
18.gif

IMG_1817a.JPG

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
This is the cutest idea I have seen lately. Good luck with it!

P.S. From the picture, your carving looks a little shallow where the head of the ring will be...will your ring lie flat in it?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool - are you staining the wood to match the kitkat colour?

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 3:54:22 PM
Author:NorCal29
Ok, so my girl LOVES surprises. Anything, even small gets her attention. I am trying to be as sneaky as possible about this, so I hvae narrowed it down to a KitKat. Yes, a KitKat. I have taken the candy out of the wrapper and carved a wood box by hand to slide in, re-sealed it, and it looks just like a kit kat.

I like to ''wing it'' so this is perfect. whenever the moment strikes, I can take it out of my pocket and tell her to have some.

Now the question is, she loves the Monterey aquarium too, so I am taking her there. Any particular place that is good? I was thinking about getting a diver to hold up a sign inthe aquarium saying Marry me. Then, I am not sure about the public proposal (for her not me).

So I thought about the beach (it will be nice and warm Saturday). But I want to get this done around 2pm (not sunset) cause i will start activing wierd and want to spend the day relaxed, not anxious.

Any suggestions on when or where?? Aquarium, beach??? Maybe give it to an otter?? Any thoughts?
WOW looks GREAT once you stain it it will look just like a KitKat just make sure she doesnt take a bite. LOL

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Well I tried to stain it, and I found out there is a reason most jewelry boxes are blue or black. Brown doesn''t highlight anything well. So, I am putting jewerly cloth on the top. It looks much better. Looks like a burtn kit-kat!

I am crafty, so I can come up with a line like ''the kit kat was too close to my heart and since you were near me it started it on fire.''

It looks much better. Pictures to come. It is even making me laugh now.

So looks like the beach is going to be nice, 76F tomorrow. So I am thinking stroll on the beach (second date place, plus we love beaches).

BTW. The ring does fit. Took a couple hits with a hammer but got it in there (I used a nail, not the ring!). Fits like a glove.

clyparkr

Rough_Rock
very creative man... im also trying to plan a candy proposal... haha somewhere on page two i think of these forums...

anyways make sure if you do it on the beach that she doesnt open it upsidedown so that the ring doesnt fall into the sand and potentially get lost...

very cool idea though...

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I thought about that too, so I put a stitch accross the ring, one thread as a safety. Really hate to have to find that down a gutter or something.

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
OK, got it all planned out. Here is the Kat.

Picture 027a.jpg

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Flat side ironed shut. Ready to eat, but not lose!

Picture 032a.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! GREAT job!!! When is this proposal taking place??

NorCal29

Rough_Rock
Going to take place in about 3 hours. Should be nice, sunny and 71F in Monterey already. going to see the otterns first.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Waaaaaaaaake up over there on the West Coast so we can hear the story! And handshots, lots of handshots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results