carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 7:15:40 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Here is another shot of Sophie in her wedding tiara. Her necklace and earrings look like either a crown or bow shape.
The look like fluer de lis to me. This thread is great!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 12:10:27 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think she would have the right to be queen, considering she would be married to the king! Even though I am sorry Diana was a causualty of the whole mess, I think it is very romantic that the ones with the true love finally ended up together! And I loved the history lesson, LadyAmy! I hope this thread never ends!
You''re absolutely right! That''s why I think it is so stupid for Prince Charles'' camp to have said they won''t make her Queen. In reality she will be Queen regardless. It would take an act of Parliament to change that. I think that type of statement was just offered as a misguided attempt at placating the public who still have sympathy for Diana. But I think it will just cause them more problems in the end and they seem to have quietly dropped that stance now. There was a recent article about the "re-branding" of Camilla and it focused on how she is using jewels and fashion to show her rank and status within the RF.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
You know, San Diego Lady, I was just thinking that Sophie looks like you!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2007 4:58:10 PM
Author: Clio

You know, San Diego Lady, I was just thinking that Sophie looks like you!

Clio,

It is so odd that you said this. I have read that Sophie is a "Diana look alike" many times, but as I saw the pictures in this thread I, also, kept thinking of San Diego Lady. I almost posted something to the effect that Sopie looked like a mixture of Diana and San Diego Lady! She certainly has the more voluptuous figure of San Diego Lady! As I saw her in the series of gowns Amy posted, I thought of San Diego lady trying on gowns for a special dinner in one thread I followed!

Deborah
34.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once read a rumor that Edward had a huge crush on Diana and that is what attracted him to Sophie. There is a picture of Sophie on her wedding day with her veil down where she could have BEEN Diana the resembelance was so striking. I'll see if I can find it to post.

ETA: Well this isn't the exact pic that I was thinking of, but it's close. Scroll down to the second (tiny) photo of her in the veil (for some reason it won't let me just copy the image). link

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie''s ring features a 2.05-carat oval diamond, flanked by two smaller heart shaped gems, set in 18 carat white gold. Made by the Crown Jewellers, Aspry and estimated at £105,000, it is said to be the most expensive royal engagement ring in history.

Dammit--I can''t get the pic to show up (this new laptop is KILLING me!). Here is the link: link

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
SDL is prettier than Sophie!
1.gif
But I think you guys are right - she looks like a mix of Diana and Sophie. We have our own Princess in our midst!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures from the visit of the Saudi King to England this past week. The big guns jewelry wise always come out when the Middle Eastern Royals come to visit - especially the Saudis because they always give the Royals unbelieveable gifts of jewels.

Here is the Queen with the Saudi King.

QueenSaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Queen is wearing a set of diamonds and sapphires - necklace, bracelet and earrings - that were given to her by the Saudis.

queensaudivisit2a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here are Prince and Princess Michael of Kent arriving for the State Banquet. I love her tiara. Princess Michael is heartily disliked by the Queen and has never received any family orders.

pandpmichaelofkentsaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Princess Alexandra arriving for the banquet - again a really pretty tiara.

princessalexandrasaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester arrive. I think the center stone in her tiara is an amethyst.

danddofgloucestersaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here Charles and Camilla arrive. Camilla is wearing the honeycomb tiara that I showed you before and a set of sapphire and diamonds - necklace, earrings (and there is probably a bracelet) that was given to her by the Saudis. Camilla was gifted with an eye popping ruby demi parure as well as one in emeralds and one in sapphires by the Saudis. The word is that Prince Charles makes it known that he likes for his wife to be given jewels.

charlesandcamillasaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock

Here is another shot of Camilla and Charles arriving. I love that they are holding hands - you never saw that with Diana. This was the first occasion on which Camilla appeared wearing the family order, which is also shown in the photo. It is seen as a great signal of the approval of the Queen and Camilla''s standing within the family. Diana was also given the order early on in her marriage. Compare the relatively modest sapphire necklace Diana is wearing to the one Camilla has on. I THINK that Diana''s sapphire was also given to her by the Saudis & that she later remodeled it into the famous choker she used to constantly wear.

So far, Camilla has turned up in I think four different tiaras. Diana only ever wore two. I wonder how much of that has to do with the undoubted fact that the Queen likes Camilla more - and is thus throwing open the coffers to her & letting Camilla have her pick of the goods. Or maybe it''s also that Diana was very conscious of creating an identifiable "brand" or "Diana look". One thing is for sure - I seriously seriously doubt we will be seeing the Lover''s Knot Tiara on anyone else any time soon. I doubt that even the Princess of Wales will wear it.

camillafamilyordersaudivisit2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And since I mentioned it - The Lover''s Knot Tiara. Shame we won''t see it anymore. I think it''s so beautiful and romantic. It was perfect for Diana!

DianasLoversKnotTiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A sweet picture of Diana wearing the Lover''s Knot Tiara and the family order.

Dianawearing the LoversKnotTiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of Diana in the Lover''s Knot Tiara, later in her marriage.

DianaElvisDress.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And - because I mentioned it above - Camilla in the ruby necklace given to her by the Saudis. She first wore it in January this year on an official visit to the USA. She came in for a huge amount of criticism - because of the source of the necklace and the ostentation of the piece. I think they trotted it out in America first to test the waters.
1.gif
Now that Camilla has shown up wearing some serious tiaras - and looking quite well in them - I don''t think people are so critical anymore.

CamillaPhiladelphiaJan07.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
This is one of the best threads...thanks for all the great photos...looking foward to more

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good job ladya and everyone else who has contributed! i was wondering, what is the significance, of the signet pinky rings the royal gentlemen seem to favor over wedding rings? i was going to google it and thought your vast knowledge of the rf would probably contain this info and we could all benefit from it. tia!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2007 7:52:57 AM
Author: crown1
good job ladya and everyone else who has contributed! i was wondering, what is the significance, of the signet pinky rings the royal gentlemen seem to favor over wedding rings? i was going to google it and thought your vast knowledge of the rf would probably contain this info and we could all benefit from it. tia!
I do know that Charles' signet ring has the Prince of Wales feathers on it, but if I remember rightly, he was wearing it before and at the time of his engagement to Lady Diana Spencer, so I don't know if it is any kind of troth/ wedding ring.
34.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Lover''s Knot tiara. Some tiaras suit and seem to fit better than others, and I really like that one.

Camilla wore that necklace to the Academy Ball here in Philadelphia where I live, which is a huge and elaborate party for the our Academy of Music and our orchestra. It is very well attended and is usually very glam. Their appearance was in all of the papers here, and that necklace made the front page!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw Camilla in person wearing that ruby necklace in Philadelphia at the Academy of Music's 150th anniversary concert and ball this past January. It's quite spectacular.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2007 11:47:48 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Pictures from the visit of the Saudi King to England this past week. The big guns jewelry wise always come out when the Middle Eastern Royals come to visit - especially the Saudis because they always give the Royals unbelieveable gifts of jewels.

Here is the Queen with the Saudi King.

I would like to know more about the tiara (or is it a crown?) which the Queen is wearing in this photograph. It has a much more delicate look to it than that which the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing! I like it!

I do not think that the jewelry from the Saudis is beautiful, however!

Deborah
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That is one of my favorite pics of Diana wearing my favorite crown!

The Queen looks wonderful in the first group of recent pics and Camilla resplendent in green.....

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG SDL, I thought that was Diana when I saw the picture!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! I just the same thing!!! That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weird :) SDL you are her look just alike :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 7:52:57 AM
Author: crown1
The signet rings on the pinky finger seem to be a family tradition amongst the British RF males. I think they are given one as either an 18th or 21st birthday gift. Prince Charles never wore a wedding ring and I think his signet ring functioned as one for photos and such. Prince Andrew wore a wedding ring and a signet ring. I think Prince Edward just wears the signet ring.

They also tend to give a signet ring to their serious girlfriends and wives. Diana got one with the Prince of Wales feathers on it and Sarah has one as well that she wore for a very long time on her pinky finger. I''m not sure what was engraved on Sarah''s ring but I would imagine it would either be the York crest or badge. I don''t know for sure if Sophie has one although it''s pretty likely.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondfan and MadamB -

Wow! So lucky to have seen that piece in person. I''ll bet it was pretty unbelieveable.

The only Royals I''ve ever seen in person was the Queen (she''s tiny) and Prince Philip. And that was not on a big jewelry occasion.
8.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results