shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gway84

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone....I just registered on here but I have been lurking for a few months. And you guys did help me to choose a ring even though you werent aware of it...so thanks! Now I just need some help with a proposal. OK a little history. My girlfriend and I have been dating few several years. Right now we are both still in college I will graduate in may she will graduate in December. She is in nursing school and is busy all the time however she will have some free time building up to thanksgiving like after this upcoming weekend the 3rd. At first my idea was to take her to where we first started "officially" dating. It is a place at the lake that overlooks it. But I am having a hard time getting her down there. And I did not know if just taking her down there and giving it to her is enough. She is not a real "needy" or high maintenance type. What do you think? So my next idea is on a canoe trip we are taking on the 10 possibly and maybe giving it to her when we stop for lunch. But that is as far as I have gotten. I know she doesnt want a public proposal such as in a restaurant or anything. Oh yea the ring is 1.26 princess cut set in a 4 prong platinum setting. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a sweet idea but she may clue onto to it if you mention the location early.

Have you thought about taking her on a surprise picnic make an excuse for one like "hey it is a beautiful day lets have a picnic :D" (is this place suitable you mentioned with the lake) just pack the car and take her (she can''t object then) . Picnic''s are really very romantic and if you find a semi secluded spot you can propose to her without the worry of anyone seeing :).

Irrespective of whether a girl is needy or high maintenance or not I think each girl would love a romantic proposal (does not need to be flash of course) that suits and reflects the kind of person she is.

GL I am sure some others will chime in with other ideas as well

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
!!! Congrats on finding the perfect ring...with the help of your fellow Psers. I am sure they are pleased to know they helped in some way!

I agree with Deelight on the fact that every girl wants something special for her engagement. Even though she is low key all the other times...

She is pursuing a career to be a caretaker of others...we know she is a caring thoughtful person. Sounds like you got a winner! Why not shower her with some thoughtful caring expressions for your proposal? As you say she wouldn''t be comfortable in public. And unless you are a Musician...your desire of an audience is more than likely the same as hers. But that doesn''t mean you can''t do something just the two of you...can enjoy.

I enjoy contributing to this forum...but I want to remind you and any other fella reading it...no matter what frill or plan you use...or lack of frills...the important thing is you have finally come to the realization that THIS girl is THE girl you want to make your bride. That is the main focus...and that ONE thing is really ALL that is important. Really! In that one moment that is ALL she is going to care about.

When you described your girl and your first date and the low key...I pictured you both there back at the lake...with a picnic basket and blanket and maybe a ipod...and you pulling out A Blindfold for her. And when you have her remove the blindfold...you have sprinkled white rose petals and set up small little white flickering candles in votive glasses and you are positioned in front of her with the ring...and then you pose that ever special phrase.

Since you are low key...I thought of the simple set up...but if you had a buddy to help set it up... it could be more elaborate. The basket could be placed there ahead of time and hidden. Or you could bring the basket and have it filled with fruits cheeses, adult beverage, or sparkling apple juice, elegant crystal flutes to drink from....if it is a cold climate hot cocoa and maybe a fire and roast marshmallows and snuggle by the fire and moonlight...and then blindfold her so you can get the courage to get into position...

Don''t know how you could power it...but a canopy draped in white lights hidden in the dark...and then blindfold and present it...would be cool too. But that would involve a ton of set up. Maybe a canopy pre set up there...and in your basket is a long sheer of white fabric that you drape over the frame and make a wispy dreamy canopy lit with candles on the ground. Pillows etc.

There is always that romantic little boat ride out to the middle of the lake.

Tell us more about her...maybe we could find more about her to help make it all about her.

I just realized I have a lot of flames burning in all of my suggestions...let me remind you Smokey Bear says... ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES.

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh.... my husband is always doing sneaky little things that catch me off guard. He planned a surprise bday for me once, and had the whole family waiting for us at a fast food restaurant. But he took me to one fast food restaurant (taco bell) and we waited in the drive thru lane until he conveniently decided to change his mind and go to the other one (taco bueno). When we got to the second one he got in the drive thru lane...and then pulled out and said "Lets just go ahead and eat inside..." With that much thought and involvement there was no way I would have thought anyone was at the second location. We walked in and ordered and when I turned around with my food...the entire restaurant was filled with family. They had all parked across the street...I have no idea why I didn''t scan the dining room when I walked in...I just went straight to the counter. What a knucklehead.

Another time he had everyone waiting at the mall...at Panera Bread. Again same thing...switcheroo at the last minute because he suddenly decided he wanted X and only Panera had it.

My point is if you want to get to the lake...you get there by default...like it is you last resort. Maybe you plan on a restaurant you learn ahead of time is closed on Sunday, but when you make it there you are shocked to learn. Or there is a car/motorcycle/computer part/boat something you have interest in~ you want to buy and it is on the way to the lake...go ahead a look at the car...and say, hey, is this the way to the lake? Whatta ya say, lets go there again. Wasn''t that where we spent our first date? Or, Grab a sack of sandwiches and say do you know of anyplace we can eat these? See if she comes up with the idea. If not...you say, what about ....???

You see you will end up there...but just not obvious and intentional. Your big planning can be all in the location instead of the bells and whistles.

Or heck, just blindfold her all the way. Argghhh. I don''t know.

DKS

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of the ol'' switcheroo. Keep her guessing and she will never suspect. I loved being surprised and I''m sure she will too.

gway84

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input so far guys....OK so we are very social people however what i mean by saying that she is private when it comes to romantic type things. So I know she would not like being proposed to in front of anyone...including family and close friends. I want it to just be us. I have thought about going back to the lake to do it ...but Im not sure...I think she will see right through it..and we live only like 25 mins from it and there is only 1 way and she will totally know whats up even if i do the switcharoo thing...although I do like it. We are talking about going on a canoe trip next weekend and thought about doing it then on a sandbar when we stop for lunch. Or is that stupid? you tell me girls. lol plz. My buddy took his girlfrend to a fancy hotel and the whold dinner thing and did it in the hotel room which is cool for some but i really dont want my special place i propose in to be a hotel room. By the way we are going canoeing in a major national park ...if that really makes any difference. Im just not sure as what to do...i always want things to be perfect and i worry about details all the time...i dont know if my canoe trip is a good idea or dumb or what to think?
33.gif
Thanks again guys and anything you can help with is greatly appreciated

gway84

Rough_Rock
Anyother ideas?.....have been great so far...but still need more help...plz

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We''re putting a selection of good ideas in the Tell Us About Your Proposal thread.

I can see your point about the dinner/hotel thing - wouldn''t have been my choice for sure.

What hobbies and interests do you guys have?

How do you imagine your proposal?

What area of the country are you in?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I think your canoe trip idea is great...and it is your thing!! Which makes it really great.

Just promise to be sure footed...and sure gripped as you don''t want to hear....

KERPLUNK!!! Honey what did you just do?

When my mother goes on a float trips she takes her hearing aids out and puts them in Tupperware inside of Tupperware...inside...etc etc. (And Ziplocs too). Maybe you should attach a key buoy to your ring just in case. Ker-plunk is a great childhood game...not anything you want on your trip. Or then again...you could have a fake one...and Ker-plunk it...and then pull out the real one. Oh that would be mean.
31.gif

Less than a week...oh boy! Best wishes!!

DKS

Suppose you can use the metaphor taking the plunge...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 10:36:12 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I think your canoe trip idea is great...and it is your thing!! Which makes it really great.

Just promise to be sure footed...and sure gripped as you don''t want to hear....

KERPLUNK!!! Honey what did you just do?

When my mother goes on a float trips she takes her hearing aids out and puts them in Tupperware inside of Tupperware...inside...etc etc. (And Ziplocs too). Maybe you should attach a key buoy to your ring just in case. Ker-plunk is a great childhood game...not anything you want on your trip. Or then again...you could have a fake one...and Ker-plunk it...and then pull out the real one. Oh that would be mean.
31.gif

Less than a week...oh boy! Best wishes!!

DKS

Suppose you can use the metaphor taking the plunge...
Proposing on water always scares me. Canoes can tip easily. Take the trip, but propose on land!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results