shape
carat
color
clarity

strange dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Lately since I''ve been thinking about marriage I''ve been having strange dreams at night. I dream that he proposes to me (usually in really weird places...last night it was in my parent''s laundry room of all places lol) and I get so excited and so happy in the dream and then I wake up and realize it was just a dream and it puts me in this slump for the rest of the day that I can''t seem to shake. BF asks what is wrong but I know if I told him he would probably freak out. I can''t keep waking up with this crappy feeling all the time, does anyone have any suggestions or does this happen to you too?

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been having dreams like that too! I get so excited and I wake up expecting to see the ring on my finger! Then I think about it all day.... It''s frustrating and I wish I could tell you how to make the dreams go away, but at least you know that it will be that much better when it happens in real life!

I keep the dreams from my guy too. I think he would feel pressured. So it''s just something that I''ll have to deal with. Kind of like a side-effect of LIW syndrome?
2.gif

Hang in there. It will happen soon enough and then you''ll start dreaming about the wedding!
31.gif
haha

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I tried talking to a friend that recently got married and I got that old answer "be patient your time will come soon enough yadda yadda" easy enough for her to say, she''s already gotten married!! i hate hearing that, i feel like i''ve been waiting forever. I just want to have the wedding so that we can get on with our lives. I''m graduating in a couple of months (from college), he just got a new job promotion and we haven''t even looked at rings or anything. i''m just so frustrated with everything i can''t stand it, i think i might pull my hair out.

WeightLifterChick

Rough_Rock
I had a similar dream last night. I''m not technically a LIW, since I don''t know when the BF will propose or if he even wants to. But I''ve been thinking about it a lot lately, and as a result it has entered my dreams.

Just wanted to say that you''re not alone!
1.gif
I don''t have any suggestions for you because I''m in the same boat, LOL!

LazyDaisy

Rough_Rock
I know how you feel, especially about the fact that he''s been promoted and you haven''t looked at rings yet. I''m in the same boat
7.gif
Well, actually, we did look at rings about a year ago, leaving me expecting something sparkly under the tree, but alas, he decided he "isn''t ready." Now the clock is ticking toward another anniversary, and I can''t even bring myself to be happy about it... it doesn''t feel like cause for celebration. All of a sudden instead of feeling like a happy time to rejoice at having a wonderful relationship, it represents another year potentially wasted on a man who will never commit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that his recent promotion and raise will somehow lead to a proposal, but I am about 99% sure I am setting myself up for disappointment. Long story short, I understand and I''m here for you. I don''t post much, but I read often and your post spoke to me.

I don''t necessarily have those dreams that often... though I have dreamt about getting married a few times and woken up disappointed, feeling it will never happen. I wish I had some advice about getting rid of them. Maybe a change in your nightly routine? If you are not a person who reads at bedtime, try getting into a good book so that maybe your mind will wander off about the characters'' story instead of your own?

Also, what sometimes helps me when I''m feeling especially torn up inside-- prayer. If you are religious at all, pray for patience. If you aren''t religious, meditate on patience-- people you know who practice it, what it would look like in various situations in life, how you would feel when you are truly being patient. I''m not prosyletizing here, I just think it might help to interact with your higher power or connect with the power within yourself to have more peace with what we all know is a stressful situation. Inner calm and peace might also help you to have a more restful sleep. I hope everything works out for you! Pleasant dreams!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So I typed a reply last night and the stupid internet deleted it, grrr!
29.gif

Anyways

So I read at bedtime a lot, mainly harry potter (ok ALWAYS harry potter) and then end up dreaming about death eaters or voldemort chasing me which isn''t always pleasant (tho maybe i''ll start dreaming about gay dumbledore haha that''d be interesting)
I guess I''m just mainly trying to focus on what I have in the present which will be the same after we get married and that makes me happy.

On a side note, me and FH purchased our first item together for our apt, a brand new frying pan!!! woohoo!!!
We are working on getting a nintendo wii
9.gif
and then a sleep number bed...then a real couch...then a trip to greece
we are actually planning on winning the lottery within the next month haha jk :)

well thanks for all the support ladies,its helped a lot
35.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Ohmygoodness, this post totally jinxed me last night! I had the WORST dream about getting proposed to and now I can''t stop thinking of it! In the dream, my BF proposed and I was so excited then I look down at the ring and it is HORRIBLE. It is gold (which just isn''t my style) and the center stone is dimond-ish but really cloudy... then when I walked outside with it... the stone would change colors like a mood-ring! haha. So I woke up in the -awake-but-still-asleep-state, where you don''t know if the dream was real or not. I was happy that my man had proposed in the dream but torn because I hated the ring!

Then as I was getting ready for work all I could think about is what if that really happens? What if we get engaged and I DON''T like the ring that he has picked out for me. (I''ve shown him what I like, and he has REALLY great taste, so I know I have nothing to worry about...but what if?) That dream really got to the "control freak" in me! Now I want to make a list of what I like... just in case he forgets...and wants to get me a magic color changing stone that I wont like. haha.

whew... that was nice to get it out there. Crazy dreams! I feel like I''m going nuts!
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results