shape
carat
color
clarity

Need idea. Don''t want her to see it coming...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockinRobert

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for any proposal ideas. I am so indecisive on things I really don''t know what to do to live up to the expectations (i set them high). Part of it is also that I don''t want something where it leads up to it because I know she''ll see it coming. Any and all help PLEASE!
19.gif

iahawk

Rough_Rock
I am in the same boat.... She already gets asked all the time if we are engaged yet !!!!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 5:23:29 PM
Author: iahawk
I am in the same boat.... She already gets asked all the time if we are engaged yet !!!!!
So you men actually do realize when we''re being asked/nagged about getting engaged?

I don''t think it even phases my BF.
20.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 5:07:54 PM
Author:RockinRobert
I''m looking for any proposal ideas. I am so indecisive on things I really don''t know what to do to live up to the expectations (i set them high). Part of it is also that I don''t want something where it leads up to it because I know she''ll see it coming. Any and all help PLEASE!
19.gif
Hmm... I''ve been trying to think about ways to do it so she won''t be expecting it since you posted this....

Does she expect an engagement soon? Or haven''t you talked about it recently?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 5:07:54 PM
Author:RockinRobert

19.gif

What are some things you normally do? If you propose while doing something that you typically do, she won''t have a clue. Then you can go out an celebrate in a special way.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Give us some ideas...what are your hobbies...where are your passions...outdoorsy type...or not? How did you meet? What is the common thread in your life.

Give us something to go on...please.

DKS

PawnShopHustler

Rough_Rock
Slip the ring on her finger while she is asleep.
Works every time.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 12:39:47 AM
Author: PawnShopHustler
Slip the ring on her finger while she is asleep.

Works every time.

she would definitely be surprised
6.gif

If you want something low key but still romantic maybe just wait until she has had the absolute most crap week/day and offer to cook dinner to cheer her up and grab a film she might like to unwind (The notebook is a winner :)) Cook her a nice meal waiting for her as she comes home and as she is tucking into desert propose :)or at any opportune moment really.

If she is already going through a rough time not only will this make her feel a million dollars but it will hopefully catch her off guard as she will think your just trying to make her feel better.

GL I hope you can surprise her :)

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Well if you have everything ready to go and you want to do it soon, you could do this on Halloween Night (I actually had recommended this to a friend a few year ago and she was very surprised and loved it!) Rent a tux, or wear a suit if you have one, and go trick or treating at her home - dressed as a "groom." Somehow just make sure that she is opening the door and that there are no kids actually trying to trick or treat at the house - maybe going a bit after dark might help with the kids. When she opens the door, get down on one knee and ask her. She would not see that coming..

RockinRobert

Rough_Rock
Wow! I didn''t think I''d get such quick responses. Keep them coming. As far as what she likes...Besides trying to find out clues about when its going to happen, she likes animals (pet love) and restaurants. Plus we''ve known each other since we were kids. I like the Halloween idea, but we''ll be apart that day. I don''t think I can get away with setting something up that leads up to it. I think she''d know well before I say "will..."
By the way, thanks for the help everybody!
26.gif

largirl

Shiny_Rock
The sweetest thing I''ve ever heard of was done by my friend. He bought a fabric daisy from a craft store and cut the petals off, then placed the petals into a small wooden box - making sure that there were an EVEN number of petals in the box. He then printed a card that said "Remember that childhood game ''He loves me, he loves me not? Now you can play it again! Pick up a petal and say "He loves me!", then pick up the next one and say, "He loves me not!" and continue until the petals are all gone. What did you end on? That''s your love fortune!" (or something like that). He put the card in the box and had the whole thing shrinkwrapped and even took a price sticker off something else and put it on the box, so it looked like something he bought at the store. All in all it was pretty cheap to do, under $10. Then he gave it to her, acting like it was some silly thing he found at the store that he thought she''d like. When she opened it, she played the game and, since there were an even number of petals, ended on "He loves me not!" She was sad until he pulled out another petal from his pocket and said, "Don''t be too sure!" The last "he loves me" petal was glued to the top of the ring box.

I hope that makes sense. It''s better when he tells it! :)

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure also that you can work in something with animals. Does she have any pets? With a dog, you could act disgusted and be like, "Ugh, look what Fido brought in from the yard!!!" You could tie it to a cat or dog''s collar, too....You could find a stuffed animal version of her favorite animal and tie it to that as well.....

As far as restaurants, if you go to a place you frequent often and don''t act any differently, you should be able to pull off the surprise! You could have the waiter bring it out on dessert, or do the classic ring-in-a-glass-of-champagne thing. The ring could even be inside a menu when you first get there, or under the napkin. As long as nothing seems different, she''ll be clueless!

iahawk

Rough_Rock
That "He loves me" idea is an amazing idea !!!!!!!!!

I can say something like "I won it at work b/c I donated to a charity" or something (Wells Fargo is always doing this), and then I can give it to her like it''s some stupid little thing I got. She would be so suprised I think. I could do this the day before we go on our trip to Kansas City !!!! Or I could think of a better time to do it I guess.

Where do you get something shrinked wrapped though to make it look like it''s new????

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Um, yeah, I have no idea. :) I know I''ve seen those machines that do it, I just don''t know WHERE you could go to get it done. I''ll ask him when he gets back in town on Monday. I am thinking maybe like Kinko''s or somewhere like that though....

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Largirl you ROCK!!!
36.gif

Your first posts and you hit the nail on the head! Creative and most helpful!! Yeah!! Welcome!!!
35.gif
I think you are going to be a great asset to the PS community!! Yeah!!!
36.gif

The shrink wrap stuff you can do yourself. Any craft store, Hobby Lobby, Michael''s and some Walmarts have it. It is commonly used as a wrap for gift baskets. It comes on a roll, just like wrapping paper, and looks just like a stiff cellophane.

You will wrap the stuff around the item...and then...get out your trusty hairdryer. It will shrink before your eyes and conform to the shape of whatever you are wrapping.

You will need to practice. And there will be sufficient quantity to wrap something so small...but some wraps when doubled don''t shrink well where they over lap. So you will have to learn how to fold the wrap with the least amount of excess to be a success. You can do it...as I have several times.

The wrap runs about $3.99 for say 12 sq feet...I could be wrong on the size. Of course they offer several different lengths.

Oh boy this idea really is great!! Good job to the both of you!!

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I knew he had the ring, would''ve expected it at every turn, so he proposed on my birthday because he knew I would NEVER expect it then!

Not the best recommendation, I know, but maybe you could do it when you''re on your way to celebrate something for someone else? Get her to focus on where you''re going, who the event/party is for, etc..., and then when she doesn''t see it coming, spring it on her!

I love the petal idea...I think doing it when you''re doing mundane, every day things is also a good way to throw her off.

If I remember correctly, iwannaprettyone''s now fiance kept torturing her by planning all sorts of fancy affairs so that she had no idea when it would happen... she thought each special night would be "the one" and then when it didn''t happen, she went nuts! It was fun to hear her stories, and then he ended up doing it in front of her family.

Good luck!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 4:13:49 PM
Author: largirl
The sweetest thing I''ve ever heard of was done by my friend. He bought a fabric daisy from a craft store and cut the petals off, then placed the petals into a small wooden box - making sure that there were an EVEN number of petals in the box. He then printed a card that said ''Remember that childhood game ''He loves me, he loves me not? Now you can play it again! Pick up a petal and say ''He loves me!'', then pick up the next one and say, ''He loves me not!'' and continue until the petals are all gone. What did you end on? That''s your love fortune!'' (or something like that). He put the card in the box and had the whole thing shrinkwrapped and even took a price sticker off something else and put it on the box, so it looked like something he bought at the store. All in all it was pretty cheap to do, under $10. Then he gave it to her, acting like it was some silly thing he found at the store that he thought she''d like. When she opened it, she played the game and, since there were an even number of petals, ended on ''He loves me not!'' She was sad until he pulled out another petal from his pocket and said, ''Don''t be too sure!'' The last ''he loves me'' petal was glued to the top of the ring box.

I hope that makes sense. It''s better when he tells it! :)

That by far is one of the sweetest proposal ideas I have ever heard (notebook worthy for sure) WOW that gave me the gasps and goosebumps awwwwwwwwwww WOW sooo beautiful :)

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, door knob solitare you make me blush! :)

Deelight, yeah, it''s sickening in the best way, isn''t it?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 5:26:24 PM
Author: largirl
Wow, door knob solitare you make me blush! :)

Deelight, yeah, it''s sickening in the best way, isn''t it?

6.gif
Definitely without a doubt, I''m an old school hopeless romantic and that was just like one of the best I ever heard. I told the BF and even he thought it was sweet :)

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Had a friend whose boyfriend made her a scrapbook (i think it was a holiday or birthday or anniversay). He gave it to her in there bedroom right after she woke up. The first page had a picture of our college campus green and said, "this is where we met." The second page had a picture of a restaurent and said, "this is where we had our first date." And it went on and on like that (first kiss, first apartment together, funny moments...) and the last page had a picture of their bedroom and said, "this is were I asked you to marry me." And she looked up and he was on one knee by the bed. She was pretty shoked.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Lauren!!
35.gif
That was a great story!!

Love the scrap book idea with the addition of the bedroom photo...BE STILL MY HEART!! That guy was very creative. Hope there are a lot of fellas reading this and they get some great ideas from it!! It never hurts to copy when it is that good!!

"I wanted to show you something I have been working on ...that celebrates our time we have spent together...maybe there are some things I have forgotten to add...what do you think...?"

That would make her really concentrate on each page...make comments about each event...maybe even make suggestions about things he forgot to include...she would never never think of the last page. Brilliant.

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results