shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with a White Sapphire Ering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Hello All!
I have been a lurker for months and months!
I have been leaning towards a White Sapphire ering, with about a 2ct center, but can''t find a photo of one anywhere on here!
I''ve been through all 101 pages of SMTR and the Colours stone thread aswell.
Anyone? Anyone out there have a White Sapphire ering?
I know i''m not the first person to want a White Sapphire ering there has to be more of you out there!
Thanks!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m interested to know, as well!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto for me.

Linda

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I do not have a white sapphire e-ring... but I do have some white sapphires. They are very beautiful in their own right.

Artistic Colored Stones has a gorgeous 2.06 white sapphire available...

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=78&idproduct=2239

And here is a link from when I purchased my white sapphires...

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/edit.asp?mode=reply&pageNo=1&num=30&type=reply&catID=1&forumID=11&topicID=70923&replyID=968975&quote=0

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
thanks Joolskie! The photo looks lovely of the white sapphire.
Although I kind of want to see it IRL, and not in a studio or jewlery store photo. To see the everyday briliance of it. Does that make sence?

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
My friend has a white sapphire ring from her boyfriend. I think the ability to appreciate a white sapphire depends on what you expect from it. It does NOT look anything like a diamond. It lacks the fire and brilliance that a diamond has. But, if you love the way a gemstone looks, and just happen to like a clear one, they are pretty. I personally wouldn''t want one for an ering because i think it just looks like a cloudy diamond to most people. But that isn''t to say that you might not love it. Get what works for you. Good luck!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any sapphires, but I saw a white one today at a maul store. It was really interesting looking. It definitely didn''t look like a diamond, but I don''t think in a larger size (2ct and up) anyone would mistake it for a bad diamond. It had all the presence of a gemstone. It had a whole other kind of depth and dimension. I hope to see some pics on here soon.

Good Luck, Snow!
1.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
White sapphires are not common in the gem market because, in all honesty, they are not that attractive. They do sort of have a neat, "icy" look to them, but the complete lack of fire makes them appear dead in comparison to diamond. And if you put one in an e-ring, people are going to assume it''s a diamond, except that it looks a lot worse.

There''s also a fair amount of synthetic colorless sapphire out there (quite a lot is grown for various industrial purposes), so be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results