shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with proposal in Kansas City !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iahawk

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I are going to Kansas City for a nice weekend in about 6 weeks. I want to propose down there because we are staying at a 5* Marriott in the Country Club Plaza. But I think she might be expecting it and I don''t want it to be lame or predictable. Should I do it right away when we get there or wait until we get home (after she is disappointed) or just do it like a week before we go there so she might not expect it at all???

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I would either do it before or do it during the trip, I think that would make the trip more enjoyable for both of you.

I grew up in Kansas City and since you''re staying on the plaza, I''d use that to your advantage. There are several really nice fountains on the plaza, so you could always use that as a backdrop. The Plaza lights go on right after Thanksgiving, will you guys be there at that time? I know Kansas City is not really considered a "romantic" city, but during the holidays with the plaza lit up in lights and the fountains everywhere it really is lovely. My sister was proposed to on the plaza and it is a very special memory for her.

Here''s a picture with one of the fountains in the foreground (there are probably a dozen fountains around the plaza, but most are a bit smaller).

Kansas City plaza.jpg

iahawk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying !!!! We will actually be there the first weekend in December. We have gone there quite a few times to shop and just have a nice weekend. I am pretty familiar with the foutains there too. I think there is a nice bridge and platform in the direction of the Fairmont Hotel. I was thinking about grabbing some dinner at McCormick and Schmits and then taking a walk to look at the lights and finding a nice spot to get my knee dirty.... But she might be expecting something like this though. I want her to be suprised but not quite sure how to do it.

largirl

Shiny_Rock
You could be really mean and take her out to a nice dinner and "almost" do it - like look into her eyes and say "I need to ask you something...." and then just have your question be something like, "...where do you want to go after dinner?". On a walk, you could drop something, drop to one knee to pick it up, then continue walking. Things like that will really throw her off if you think she''s expecting it. She''ll probably punch you after she knows you did them on purpose, but the REAL proposal will be so much better! :)

By the end of the weekend she probably won''t be expecting it at all if you do that, so then you could maybe do it first thing in the morning when you check out of the hotel. You could even plan it beforehand with room service - order something she loves for breakfast and have them put the ring in it. To make it less obvious, order room service the other mornings too so just ordering room service isn''t a dead giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results