shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you being for Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The recent geisha/halloween thread got me thinking about Halloween costumes and wonder what everyone''s going to be! I started working on my costume yesterday and am sooooo excited about it!!! I''m being She-Ra and it''s almost done!

So, what are you guys being?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be Mini Mouse. I remember She-Ra!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ooh Minnie Mouse is a fun one! Did you buy a costume or are you making it?

I love making costumes. Not making them as in sewing from a pattern, but more like finding ordinary things that could be used as a costume, like I''m using my white corset bra from the wedding as the bodice of my she-ra outfit and just bought material from wal-mart to make the cape and other stuff.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Scarlett O''Hara :)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 11:24:43 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
Scarlett O''Hara :)
Ooh! That''ll be a fun one! What''s your costume like?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Betty Page in leopard and tall black gloves

bettiepagemodel.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda piecing it together. When I was dress shopping fora cruise a few months ago hubby loved a little red and black poka-dot dress. For some reason he really likes those 50''s styles with the netting sticking out
33.gif
, so I bought it to make him happy, and decided it looked like the Mini Mouse dress. I have since bought the big stuffed white hands, some ears, and found a pair of yellow shoes. It should be interesting...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well I am just in love with Gone with the wind.. and even though I have blonde hair I couldn''t help but buy this costume.. it''s just too fabulous. It''s not too short on me so it doesn''t look as slutty as the girl in the picture haha but you can see it here

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Cool costume starset!

Mustang, I love when I find one piece that just kind of inspires me
1.gif

OU, that costume is so cute!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... what''s a good costume for ''girl celebrating first wedding anniversary''?
28.gif

Actually, I''m going out and plan on wearing the crown that I wore for the wedding with the pentacle on it, in celebration of Samhain (start of the Wiccan New Year). I''m sure enough people around me will think I''m just playing dress-up!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 2:11:05 PM
Author: nytemist
Hmmm... what''s a good costume for ''girl celebrating first wedding anniversary''?
28.gif

Actually, I''m going out and plan on wearing the crown that I wore for the wedding with the pentacle on it, in celebration of Samhain (start of the Wiccan New Year). I''m sure enough people around me will think I''m just playing dress-up!
That''s so fun that you can wear your crown on your anniversary and not get weird looks
1.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m being Marilyn Monroe and DH is being Elvis. We''re having our first annual Halloween party this year so it should be fun!

Jess

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never gotten into halloween myself, but I helped my dad with his costume. My mom (who''s tall and skinny) is going as Gilligan, and my dad (with the help of an old prom dress) is going as Ginger. We''re still looking for a red wig that will cover his giant bald head!
38.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ME-OW Starset. That''s going to be hot!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what I''m going to be for Halloween, but my FI is thinking of going as Stuart Little. He''s planning on dressing up in a mouse coustume and driving around in our little red MG. We''re going to make a papermache key to put on the back so it looks like a wind-up car. It should look funny driving it into Boston that day...

Stuart.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Audrey Hepburn, my hero.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 4:45:20 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I don''t know what I''m going to be for Halloween, but my FI is thinking of going as Stuart Little. He''s planning on dressing up in a mouse coustume and driving around in our little red MG. We''re going to make a papermache key to put on the back so it looks like a wind-up car. It should look funny driving it into Boston that day...
Your car is so cute!!!

I''d like to be Princess Leia, but will have to hunt down a costume with donut hair
9.gif
Last year, I was Sydney from Alias, so I may start a yearly theme of women who kick butt! lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope not to be preggo for halloween
3.gif
9.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This wizard (minus the cleavage, and with short shorts underneath):

wizardwanda.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 5:06:18 PM
Author: MC
Date: 10/1/2007 4:45:20 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Your car is so cute!!!

I''d like to be Princess Leia, but will have to hunt down a costume with donut hair
9.gif
Last year, I was Sydney from Alias, so I may start a yearly theme of women who kick butt! lol

Go here! http://costumecraze.com/Movie-Costumes-Star-Wars-Princess-Leia.html

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
everyone has such fun costumes!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie- I wore it for Beltane and May Day and people did do a double-take. Halloween makes everything ok.

Hudson I LOVE the Stuart Little idea! I''ll keep an eye out for the car!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Guys where are you all wearing these costumes to? Sorry if that''s a silly question, it''s just that over here only really small children (like under the age of 7!) and rowdy (and randy!) students dress up for Hallowe''en. Do you all have rockin'' Hallowe''en parties you''re going to? Am I missing out?!?
23.gif

Nytemist when do you celebrate Beltane? I''m thinking it mustn''t be quite the same thing as what we call Bealtaine (May 1st) because you also mentioned May Day?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s right, you''re in the Boston area, aren''t you? He''s really wary about doing it because he thinks no one will get it unless he''s in the car. If he''s not in the car, he''s just dressed up like a mouse. I think it would be hysterical though. If he goes through with it I''m probably going to dress up as something "small" as well, like Barbie. So then it''ll look like SL is driving around with Barbie in his car!

Beltane is the fall fire feast day, right?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I picked costumes last year (pirates!), so it''s my bfs turn this year.

He''s going to be a demon and I''m going to be an angel. Typical, I know, but I''m putting together my own costume, so hopefully it''ll look really smashing!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Beltane is the celebration of the spring, usually lots of folks have rituals or parties marking it on the first day of spring, or vernal equinox and then continues up to May Day. I typically go to events on both days.

As to where people wear their costumes, most of my friends, co-workers and I will go to work that way. I''m such a big kid, I love to do it.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 11:31:00 AM
Author: nytemist
Beltane is the celebration of the spring, usually lots of folks have rituals or parties marking it on the first day of spring, or vernal equinox and then continues up to May Day. I typically go to events on both days.

As to where people wear their costumes, most of my friends, co-workers and I will go to work that way. I''m such a big kid, I love to do it.

It''s great to learn about your celebration of these festivals. I always associate Bealtaine with Summer as it''s the Irish word for May and all the Bealtaine festivals here celebrate Summer. Samhain is our word for November, and Hallowe''en is Oiche Samhna (literally ''Samhain night''). I''m sure you know more about this than I do! Is there a picture of your crown on here? I''d love to see it.

OK! You all dress up for WORK! Wow. We don''t do that here. Then again my chosen line of work involves a cape and a wig so I guess we dress up every day?
4.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
A great deal of these practices come from the Celts. That''s also why I wanted a Celtic wedding band. Sorry I know I''m getting off topic, but this is the closest pic I have of my crown from the wedding. It''s sterling silver and has an amethyst in the center:

carlaian215.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 11:00:32 AM
Author: Delster
Guys where are you all wearing these costumes to? Sorry if that''s a silly question, it''s just that over here only really small children (like under the age of 7!) and rowdy (and randy!) students dress up for Hallowe''en. Do you all have rockin'' Hallowe''en parties you''re going to? Am I missing out?!?
23.gif

Nytemist when do you celebrate Beltane? I''m thinking it mustn''t be quite the same thing as what we call Bealtaine (May 1st) because you also mentioned May Day?
No one here dresses up for work (at least not where DH or I work), but we have a halloween party to go to the weekend before. It''s actually a surprise bday party for his cousin''s 30th.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hudson, I love love love the Stuart Little costume idea. Would he wear clothes over the mouse costume? Stuart (in the movie) has khakis and a sweater or something. Hee!

Last year I was the Queen of Hearts. One of my first store-bought costumes but I got a lot of compliments on it. There''s a big "Nightmare on Normal Street" thing around the corner from me that I walked over to last year. It''s a lot of people in drag -- I mean awesome, detailed, fabulous drag queen fashion, like in "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".

This year I''m not sure. I kind of want to be a witch. Or there''s a neat snow white costume by the makers of my QOH costume and my hair is black right now....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results