shape
carat
color
clarity

Scamed at the jewelery store??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snowflake814

Rough_Rock
I went to a local jewelery store to buy an engagement ring/wedding band. I spent about 4,000. After I left with the ring, I realized it did not look the same as it did in the store. Since then, I have been doing a lot of research about diamonds. I don''t think I was getting $4,000 worth of a diamond. I am not sure what to do. They have a no refund policy, exchange only. I have been looking for a new ring at the store for the last 2 months and cannot find one to my satisfaction. None of diamonds seem to be of good quality. Is there anywhere else I can turn to so I can get my money back. I feel so ripped off. Thanks.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Snowflake~ I''m sorry you feel so taken. Would you post the specs and possibly pics so we can see what you got for the money. If there was false info given upon sale, that might get them to refund.

Snowflake814

Rough_Rock
It was a 14 K white gold bridal set
Center carat 47 pts
cut: round
color H-I
Clarity SI2

Sides (including band)
Carat 1.64 (tw)
cut Round
color H-I
clarity SI2

This is what they put on the appraisal. They did not give me a certificate of any kind. Thanks.

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Could you maybe have it independently appraised and if the specs don''t match what the store said they were maybe that could give you some leverage? Have you talked to the manager/owner of the store? Perhaps they can bring in some GIA cert stones for you and you could then trade the ring in for just the GIA stone. They''d probably charge you too much for it but at least you''d have something you liked better.

whew, I think to figure that one out we will need to see pictures of that ring. 1.64tcw + .47ct for the center?

or is it 1.64-.47=1.17cts, alot of the money may be in the design and complexity of the ring, thats a fair bit of additional ct weight eitherway

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I agree we need pics. Your diamonds may not be that high quality, but if your setting is very labor intensive, that could be where the $ went.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Work with them, have them bring in stones that fit your specs. Putting CUT as #1 Have them bring in GIA and AGS stones for you. Best of luck!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask them to bring in some diamonds to your specifications. I hate to see you settle with a diamond you aren''t happy with especially for that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results