shape
carat
color
clarity

Electronic RSVPs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever done electronic RSVPs. Sent out an invitation but then asked people to RSVP via a website?

I know there are complications like, the older generation that doesn''t have/use computers, or just plain confusion.

But you think it can be done? or is it tacky/cheap/strange?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We chose to do both. We sent out nice invites with RSVP cards in the envelopes as well. But we also had a link on our website to RSVP there too. I think our RSVP rate was higher than most people because we had these two easy options. We heard from everyone but one person! If your family and friends are liberal and open to change, I think online only RSVP's are fine. If they are traditional though, they might think it is odd.

Your call in the end!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
One of my close friends had a destination wedding with a 400-person reception at home - RSVP for the reception was by e-mail or phone. It saved her a decent chunk of change and that''s definitely a great reason to do the e-rsvp. On the flip side, my friend had a bunch of people who didn''t RSVP, which could have been high simply because of the number of people invited, but honestly, I think it might be easier for a lot of people to open an envelope, write a name down, re-seal and drop in the mailbox, too. While it literally took only about a minute or two longer for me to rsvp via e-mail, I think people are already prone to being absent-minded, and adding a non-tangible task (ie, the rvsp card is right in front of you, waiting to be filled out) can be problematic with certain guests. A younger, tech-saavy crowd may not have any problems at all.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a huge fan of ANYTHING that I can online, so I think e-RSVPs are a great idea!
36.gif
I do think it would be helpful to offer both options though, because you know some people just won''t get it. I did evites for my engagement party and got a decent response.

I would also consider the tone of your wedding...if you''re having a formal church wedding, eRSVPs may seem odd. If you''re having a more casual event, I think it''s definitely appropriate!
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I am doing both, and my wedding is a full-on formal english one.

I also have options for Kosher, Vegetarian and Food Allergies and a comments box.

Those who wish to reply online may do so, those who wish to reply by post can also do that.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I am thinking to do both as well. I like the idea of little RSVP cards arriving at my house for me to open. But at the same time, it would be sooo nice to have everything logged on a website...plus it''s kinda of a nice excuse to put your little wedding website down and more reason for people to go look at it for wedding details!

I''m glad to hear though that people don''t think it''s odd to want to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results