shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony Help- Catholic-no mass

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
Is anyone willing to share their Catholic (ceremony only/no mass) programs,
including music selections?

We have the outline put together from the book we got at PreCana, but I''ve seen so many versions of how things can be worded,etc.

Also, we need to select music (meeting on Friday with organist). We have free reign with the music since it''s at an inactive chapel (i.e. no pastor), but would still like fairly traditional.

I love Trumpet Voluntary, but not sure how it will come across on a reed organ- guess I''ll find out Friday

Thanks in advance for any input!

p.s. we are 11 days away
36.gif
36.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
We did the no mass ceremony...loved it! The order is pretty much standard, is it not? opening, 2 readings, the gospel, the marriage vows, giving peace, closing, etc...I am sure I am missing something in there. There are certain things you can opt for and also things that are optional...we sat on the side instead of kneeling in the front of the alter, did not do a unity candle, did not do a prayer to the Virgin Mary.

I picked songs that were some of my favorite church songs from my childhood for before and during the ceremony (Peace is Flowing Like a River, On Eagle''s Wings), and honestly I have no idea what played when I walked down the aisle or when we left. Wasn''t that important to me really.

I guess the bottom line for us was that we kept it simple. DH is not Catholic so I didn''t want to overdo everything.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, pretty standard order of ''events''. I like the idea of having favorite church songs played before hand while people are being seated,etc.
We''re sitting on the side too, and just us, not moh and best man. The altar area is too small in our chapel.
Also not doing unity candle or roses to Moms, etc.

Curious, about how long did your ceremony last? We''re allowing one hour total for ceremony and brief receiving line outside church (74 guests) weather permitting. It''s flexible time wise though.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
ceremony was about 30 min, not including receiving line. One of the biggest comments we got was how much everyone loved the ceremony and that it was just the right length...hehe

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results