shape
carat
color
clarity

What does DH stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
looking at postings- I get that BF stands for boyfriend, and GF stands for girlfriend. What does DH stand for? Am I just being clueless? My boyfreind and I just crack ourselves up when we think it might stand for "Dumb Husband."

Answers?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
dear/darling husband.

i like your version too though hehee.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Haha!
Mara's right... but you gotta read the context... SOMETIMES it clearly stands for @#*% husband!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Do we need a new one... DBDH?
25.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Green, don''t feel alone...I had to ask the very same question. I still don''t get it...so I use hubby. When I read others DH I have to read it and re read it...and then I realize what it is supposed to mean. Oh, just so you know what kind of dunce I am...I had to ask what TMI was. Duh!

DKS

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first time I saw DH used on a forum several years ago, I honestly thought this woman was calling her husband a d*ckhead.
6.gif
Dear Husband is *so* much nicer.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL lyra!

Usually means dear husband but I guess it could stand for many things...all depending on the context!
3.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- I am glad I asked! I am SURE people use DH for darling, dunce, dumb, d-ck head, etc. So we all must be right! thanks.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 12:56:14 PM
Author:Green with Envy
looking at postings- I get that BF stands for boyfriend, and GF stands for girlfriend. What does DH stand for? Am I just being clueless? My boyfreind and I just crack ourselves up when we think it might stand for ''Dumb Husband.''

Answers?

Hi Green,

I did not know what DH meant either until a man on the Knot.com responded to me about it. He was very nice and very resourceful. He and his DH (not a typo) had just tied the knot and so he was very active on the postings board. Buy yes, sometimes, Dumb Husband can apply! Heeheee, did I say that?! Don''t tell my DH!
31.gif
Ok, now I feel guilty for poking fun at his expense.
5.gif
Anyhow, yes, there are a lot of abbreviations floating around on these boards..thank goodness everyone is so nice and helpful to explain what they are! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
ulualoha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results