shape
carat
color
clarity

Another ultrasonic observation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone who wondered, I never heard back from Sharper Image after my US burned up (details and pics here ), but I just replaced it with a GemOro Sparkle Spa and noticed that the directions say that ammonia may damage the unit and void the warranty. Another reason to avoid it and stick with Mr. Clean or their ultrasonic concentrate.

That is all.
1.gif

Date: 8/10/2007 2:47:16 AM
Author:Christa
For anyone who wondered, I never heard back from Sharper Image after my US burned up (details and pics here ), but I just replaced it with a GemOro Sparkle Spa and noticed that the directions say that ammonia may damage the unit and void the warranty. Another reason to avoid it and stick with Mr. Clean or their ultrasonic concentrate.

That is all.
1.gif

how could ammonia damage a stainless steel tank? maybe it is particularly damaging to the wiring in the event a few drops get in when you are pouring it out?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 2:47:16 AM
Author:Christa

That is all.
1.gif

I thought Mr Clean had ammonia in it?
33.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
What about putting water in theunit--then place your jewelry in a zip-lock plastic bag with your preferrred cleaner. You waste less cleaner and the unit only has water--but the vibrations still do their job. Maybe these units are too small to do that? I''ve never seen one.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
"I thought Mr Clean had ammonia in it?
33.gif
"

Nope, it doesn't. My bottle says "Does not contain ammonia or chlorine bleach" on the back of the bottle.

Not sure why ammonia would damage stainless steel, but we know that it can damage white gold and other metals (discolors aluminum, for example). I'm just reporting what GemOro's instruction booklet says, and I'll probably avoid it since I've killed a couple of ultrasonics already.
9.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 12:12:26 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
What about putting water in theunit--then place your jewelry in a zip-lock plastic bag with your preferrred cleaner. You waste less cleaner and the unit only has water--but the vibrations still do their job. Maybe these units are too small to do that? I''ve never seen one.

Interesting idea--I wonder if it would work? Hmmmm . . .

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Had to bump this thread.

My US died tonight as well....
7.gif

It makes less of a "chirping, chugging" sound. More like a weakened version.... It still turns on and off, but it seems like its not doing the job.

We still saved the receipt and we purchased it from SI on 8/25/06!!! It''s like 6 days after its 1 year warrenty?!?!

What to do, thoughts? Should I take it back? Write to SI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results