shape
carat
color
clarity

Any recommendations for a spa/salon in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I recently moved from Boston to New York, leaving behind my very most favorite waxer among other things. I''d been going to her for over a year, and I recommend her highly to anybody in the Boston area who is looking for a phenomenal bikini waxer.

Now that I''m here, though, I really really REALLY need some suggestions for a trusted aesthetician in the NYC area. CitySearch is one thing, but I''m hoping one of you ladies might have a personal recommendation instead.

Pretty please? Hopefully somebody that doesn''t have a long wait, because I need to get a same-day appointment tomorrow!

You ladies are the best...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Depends what you are waxing actually. I want to say i have one salon for everything, but truth be told not one salon is the top at everything. Are you looking for facials, manicures/pedicures, eyebrow waxing, facials, etc...?

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Nicrez! I''ve got a job interview tomorrow, and I really wanted to get my legs waxed so I can wear one of my new skirts. So that''s my main priority. Do you think it''s even feasible to get an appointment today?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well it CAN be, depending where you go. I am not a leg waxer. Too much for me and I can't handle that kind of pain. But my friend gets hers done at Elizabeth Arden's Red Door Spa, and she loves it there.

The place I have been to a few times and actually quite love it is Shobha is on Broadway between Houston and Prince Street. It's totally affordable, and although I have not been there in quite some time, I really liked their professionalism. My friend introduced me to them, as she used to get her legs waxed there, and i think still may.

As for other Spas, that's a different list for different things... :) I hope that helps!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I have an appointment at Shobha Soho for this afternoon! I''m so glad to be going to a place based on personal recommendation rather than my own random guessing. Thank you so much, and thanks for the interview wishes! I''m really hoping that I''ll have good news after my interview. If I get the job, I''ll be back for more recommendations, since a celebratory massage or facial will be in order...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
For facials I like Georgette Klinger. For messages there are several places, depeding on which type of message you want.

for Swedish I prefer Haven on Mercer. Great for those stressful days where you need a bit more work! My friend has been talking about SoHo Sanctuary on Mercer, which we missed an appointment for, but will try soon, so I''ll let you know...(supposed to be holistic and calming)

With gals as a little retreat, I like Spa at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Columbus Circle. (great to catch drinks at sunset there afterwards!)

For a Watsu message (Water Shiatsu) I like Cornelia''s Day Spa. Sooooooo soothing. Great for "just because" kind of messages.

Aveda on Spring Street for your hair (and head message), plus they are great because sometimes you can even get a walk-in appt!

And Great Jones Spa, on Great Jones Street downtown is supposed to be great for Swedish, but i have only done the hot stone and of course we love that they have the saunas, hot tub, plunge pool and other fabulous water amenities... ahhhh...
9.gif

A friend of mine actually sent me an invitation for a spa treatment at Babor Spa in Takashimaya, which supposedly has an amazing range of facial treatments. We are having tea thereafter, but the appointment is almost a month away, so I''ll let you know how that goes...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leg Waxing!!! OUCH!!!!!!
23.gif
If someone were to give me a head massage, I would instantly fall asleep and start to snore. LOL. That sounds heavenly!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results