shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies in Waiting!

My name is Laura and I am new to the Pricescope forums.
1.gif

My SO, Mike, and I had been looking at engagement rings for almost 6 weeks now. Just yesterday, we finally purchased a 1.50 carat, F color, VS2 clarity loose princess cut diamond and a modified tiffany setting to go with it! I loved everything separate, but when it got set together, I could just tell that something was not right!
33.gif

I got the V-prong head on my setting because it protects the corners of the diamond, but am unhappy with how they turned out. They don''t all seem symmetrical (ex: one looks pointy, another looks rounded) and the whole head of the diamond seems crooked. Also, I think they set the diamond too low because you can''t even see the point at the bottom. My SO and I did not even realize any of these problems until we got home and examined the ring in natural daylight.

My question is, am I crazy to want the ring to be "perfect" because I know with custom setting they can''t get everything exactly even. I really just want to take the ring back and ask them to set it again because it looks crooked!

Here are the specs on the diamond: I fell in love with it from the moment I saw it!
9.gif

CW: 1.50
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Total Depth: 71.4%
Table Size: 74%
Girdle: Medium to Thick
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluor: None
Measurements: 6.58 x 6.39 x 4.56 mm

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Laura, you posted in the ladies in waiting forum by mistake. You might want to message the admin and ask him to move this to rocky talky where people can assist you better.
1.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks luckystar...I''ll just repost it there! I''m still working my way around the forums!

Good luck to all the Ladies In Waiting!
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your diamond sounds gorgeous. If I were in the same position, I would bring it back and get it fixed. You want to have it perfect from the beginning. Welcome also!
35.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks bee! I LOVE my diamond, but just want the setting and the prongs to really accentuate it! Here is a pic I took that makes the diamond look beautiful! Unfortunately, it is also the one that shows the crookedness in the band!
3.gif

My Ring - Zoomed in Group 2 005.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Well, my FF and I took my e-ring back to the jeweler and explained some of the things that we wanted fixed. He said that sometimes it takes a couple tries for everything to turn out "perfect." I came equipped with pictures of v-prongs how I wanted them to look this time, so they would do their best to fix it!

FF and I will be picking it up on Friday to give the jeweler plenty of time to get it right! I''ll post more pics once it is all better...can''t wait!! Thanks ladies for your input and advice!
1.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
totally lame.....are you an SLP?

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
what does SLP mean?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Mimsy -

Yeah, I''m a SLP...for those of you who don''t know (speech-language pathologist). I just graduated with my MA in May and am working at a Skilled Nursing Facility. Are you a SLP too?
1.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 10:15:02 PM
Author: LauraSLP07
Mimsy -

Yeah, I''m a SLP...for those of you who don''t know (speech-language pathologist). I just graduated with my MA in May and am working at a Skilled Nursing Facility. Are you a SLP too?
1.gif

i will be! i start my MA next week
34.gif
36.gif
. i''m nevous!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Hey Mimzy -

Congrats on getting into Grad School! Classes are tough, I''m not going to lie...but I feel like I learned soooo much! I hope you really enjoy your clinicals. I loved working with patients and getting work experience while I was in school! Where are you attending?
1.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! I''m doing my MA at wayne state university in detroit. I believe the classes are hard - i just hope that i retained everything (at least enough) from undergrad because our clinicals start in two weeks! I am looking forward to it, but I am so so nervous...all i''ve ever done is observe before
40.gif
. where did you go?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I went to The University of Akron in Ohio. We''re not too far from each other! HaHa!

I honestly felt a little bit behind when I started grad school because for my undergrad (at OSU), all I did was observe. Some of the girls (yes, all girls) in my program got to shadow grad students when they were seniors in undergrad and work directly with clients and put together lesson plans.

If you feel behind, do not hesitate to ask your professors or supervisors! They love people who take initiative to learn more! Also, definately try to bounce therapy ideas off of some of your other classmates. My program had girls from all over the place, so everybody had different experiences in undergrad.
1.gif

Do you think you will want to work with children or adults when you graduate?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
haha, there was only one boy in my undergrad program, and as far as i know there is only one boy in the grad program (and people think nursing is a gendered position!). i did in fact email the program director to ask if this was going to be a problem, and he said that no, lots of students would be in the same boat i am in...so hopefully that is good. in two or three of the letters that they sent us over the summer they did stress how grad school was going to be a team effort and that we should "leave behind the competitiveness of undergraduate work" so hopefully that serves us all well
37.gif
. i hate competition! but i will definitely keep it in mind to take initiative.

as of right now, i want to work with children. but TBI also interests me, so that would be more adult. I am really interested in the neurology of language and processing disorders, as well as autism and apraxia, which are more kid-friendly fields
1.gif
. I''m guessing you''re working with the elderly?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I am at a SNF in Pittsburgh, PA (It''s where my FF lives, so I moved from OH to be with him). I always loved playing with children (I used to work in childcare), but doing therapy with children them can be challenging and exhausting. I like the nursing facility I am at right now because it is very flexible. I see my patients at meals and whenever else they are available.

My favorite area in the field has always been adults with aphasia or TBI. My grandpa had a stroke 4 years ago and I loved seeing first hand how much his speech therapy helped him recover! I don''t have a lot of patients that fit that description right now...most of my caseload is dysphagia and cognition, which are still interesting. I just don''t deal very well with vomit! LOL!

You may change your mind like 5 different times in grad school because all of the classes are interesting in their own way! Definately work together with your classmates as much as you can. Just consider the whole "competition" phase of school over....you already got into grad school! It is important to still get get good grades, but job interviewers will look more at references, personality, and clinical experiences than your GPA. I''m sure you will do fine! GOOD LUCK!!!
9.gif
9.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!

haha i''m sure you''re right that i''ll change my mind five times over the next two years....but right now there''s nothing appealing about dysphagia or the vomit that accompanies it!

I''m glad you like where you''re at now, and i hope the your ring comes back how you want it to!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results