shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Ready Set Go - .30 cttw

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Hi folks. My wife said to me this morning:

"If it is ever possible, I would like a pair of white gold stud earrings to wear with my SS and white gold jewelery. They don''t have to be as big as what I have already, but just something I could wear with this jewelery every once and a while."

After further probing (and a bit of a negative drama on my part...to make her feel this was not possible right now) she told me she only wears wg or ss once every week or two weeks. She is definately yellow gold kind of gal, but does break out other stuff from time to time.

Anyway, her current studs in yg are from GOG and are .48 cttw. My immediate thoughts were to check out WF RSG earrings, and found that 4-prong basic studs in wg at .30 cttw were $340. My feeling is I can do this right now just to be a heck of a nice guy. (Actually, I''m really nice because I bought her a R Homer sapphire and had Wink make a ring of it for this upcoming xmas). I really don''t want to go bigger, as she will not wear them often, and I don''t want to invest the extra $$$ for something for once every week or two.

I''ve gone back and read older posts about RSG, and many people here have discussed upgradability. Personally, for something this size for this purpose, I am not concerned about that. I am looking for a awesome product at a good value. I feel this is the definition of Whiteflash, as per the tennis bracelet I got for her there last summer.

Given my situation as described, what do you folks think? I''m feeling good about it and want to call today for some seriously impressive turn around on her request. We are thinking of having children very soon, and I''d like to do what I can for her now, because once a baby or two come along, things will be a lot more tight for 18-22 years or so :) But I always value the pricescope community''s comments and would love to hear from you!

If you''d like to comment, I''d love to hear about it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is super sweet! You will win major brownie points for sure! And you really can''t go wrong with WF''s stuff, even their ready set to go stuff. It''s all great and especially for something like a stud purchase.

I say go for it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think, for what she''s wanting them for, the RSTG pair would be perfect! And a RH ring to boot?? We''ll need pics of that.
11.gif

You really ARE a nice guy.
2.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried pricing with WF how much more it would cost for you to purchase each diamond seperately and have them set into their martini prongs? If there is not much of a difference, I would rather go that route, especially if her tastes change over the years.

If it is costly to go that route, then I think that you will be fine if you go with their RSG studs.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. This is the only place on the web I can post a message, eat lunch, and come back and see that I have received excellent feedback within 1/2 hour! I figured for smaller diamonds, RSG would be the best and easiest way to go all in one! I think I''ll call Whiteflash today and see if they have them in stock. BTW, the 3 prong martinis were $100 more, and I don''t know that she will care one way or another.

Ellen - when the ring comes in, I will be sure to take pictures and post. I believe the sapphire is 1.41 cts oval shape. Due to the expense of the stone, I picked out a very inexpensive setting at stuller to use for the ring. My feeling is down the road a little, she will have a fantastic stone and can maybe pick out a setting she likes better, if she should want to! It is going to be tough to keep until xmas...but I will find the strength. She knows nothing about it...which makes it even better
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wonka, I think it''s a great idea. I have a pair of RSG .32 cwt earrings that I bought for my second holes, so I know upgradability isn''t a factor for them.

It represented a GREAT value and a little extra bling. I''d go for it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sounds like the sort of situation that RSG studs were made for! I''d definitely go for it.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Since you are quite sure your wife will not crave and upgrade down the road, spending the extra $100 does not seem worth the extra money. I am sure she would much rather see you use the money toward a future surprise!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support!

Actually talked to Katie at WF about 1 1/2 hours ago. We are all squared away and should be set and shipped by the end of Wednesday and will be arriving Thursday morning!

The wife will be thrilled on this one...even if a small scale purchase! She won''t see it coming
21.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be sure to post some pictures!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 2:59:17 PM
Author: wonka27

The wife will be thrilled on this one...even if a small scale purchase! She won''t see it coming
21.gif
Do you give lessons? Say...to my husband?
27.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is SO sweet. I''m sure she''ll love them, and feel so special that you wanted to do this for her.
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 4:02:12 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 8/20/2007 2:59:17 PM
Author: wonka27

21.gif
Do you give lessons? Say...to my husband?
27.gif
Yeah. Ditto.
11.gif

Let us know what she says!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results