shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally bought a DYSON ANIMAL, and have questions for other (more experienced!) Dyson owners, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, with my trusty 20% off coupon, I finally bought a Dyson Animal (DC17) at BB&B, and my first impression is -- I LOVE IT! The *stuff* it got out of my carpeting and furniture was really rather...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
! So thank you all for your great input and advice.

I have read the booklet, and even watched the short video clips on the website, but I still have a question (and likely will have more as I use it).

I got the mini turbine head and using it (although it works GREAT) is VERY cumbersome. Does the extension rod have to be extended to its FULL length every time it is used? I had a heckuva time trying to vaccuum my sofa and chair with that loooong wand and the mini turbine head at the end... VERY awkward.

So, am I missing something here? Or is that just the way it is? THANK YOU!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. I haven''t had mine that long either, and I think it is a little awkward. But you get used to it. The first night I had it I nearly broke the ceiling fan trying to figure out how everything fit together. Maybe I''m missing something and someone else will chime in too?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t answer your question because the bf has taken over vaccuming. That''s how much he loves our animal. I used to live in a 3rd story tiny apt and I didn''t have a vaccum that worked well. This rug I had was covered and I mean COVERED in cat hair to the point that it changed the color of the rug from Navy to bluish-gray. Gross I know, but I couldn''t afford a vaccum. I used to sweep the rug when I cleaned. We tried the Dyson on it and we were so amazed at how easily it got the cat hair out. The rug looked brand new. We now use it to attack the dust lions and fur beasts that roll off of our ever shedding chow chow. We love it! I''ll ask BF about the attachment though. I know he gets annoyed at the wand cause it''s hard to get in and out of the machine.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wand is the only thing I don''t like on my Dyson slim. It is long and it is awkward to use it sometimes. So I don''t think it''s you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies... hoping more Dyson owners will chime in, too. I almost broke my ceiling fan, too...
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
that long pole and I are just not off to a good start!!!

And another question, too... I got the "new carpet care kit" with it... and whattheheck is that little tool with the brushes on the bottom for, and how would I use THAT?!!

I am SUCH a techno-IDIOT; and DH laughs, but I absolutely HATE to learn new technologic/electronic STUFF.
39.gif
I need a new cell phone BAD but am putting it off because I don''t want to have to learn how to use a new one! How PATHETIC is THAT?!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eh, we haven''t used the other stuff that comes with it. Just the attachments.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:01:41 PM
Author:Lynn B
Well, with my trusty 20% off coupon, I finally bought a Dyson Animal (DC17) at BB&B, and my first impression is -- I LOVE IT! The *stuff* it got out of my carpeting and furniture was really rather...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
! So thank you all for your great input and advice.

I have read the booklet, and even watched the short video clips on the website, but I still have a question (and likely will have more as I use it).

I got the mini turbine head and using it (although it works GREAT) is VERY cumbersome. Does the extension rod have to be extended to its FULL length every time it is used? I had a heckuva time trying to vaccuum my sofa and chair with that loooong wand and the mini turbine head at the end... VERY awkward.

So, am I missing something here? Or is that just the way it is? THANK YOU!
i think mine doesn''t need to be extended all the way to be used. i also think mine comes off so that you can just use the soft hose.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:12:04 PM
Author: jcrow

i think mine doesn''t need to be extended all the way to be used. i also think mine comes off so that you can just use the soft hose.
Really??!
36.gif

THAT would be a big improvement. Can you maybe check for sure, pretty please?
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Thank you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:14:01 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 8/14/2007 3:12:04 PM

Really??!
36.gif

THAT would be a big improvement. Can you maybe check for sure, pretty please?
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Thank you!
i don''t have an animal, but i''ll check. mine is the yellow cheaper model. but i loves it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:21:28 PM

i don''t have an animal, but i''ll check.
Thank you!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oy. I figured out that the wand does disengage from the soft hose... but the turbine head does NOT FIT onto the soft hose end at all. I am so frustrated!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The mini turbine (hair remover) should definitely fit on the end of the soft hose. I have the Dyson Aminal and that is how I use it. When the Dyson is in the upright position, I extend the wand fully up in the air, and then detatch the hose from the bottom of the wand, and pop the mini turbine attachment onto it. I am really surprised that there is nothing in your manual about using the attachment?

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lynn, this shows how to attach the turbine to the DC17.

http://www.dyson.com/aftersales/help.asp?article_id=991&hist=,,1,32,529,902

At the bottom, hit "next" to continue through the steps. I hope this helps! If not, maybe you have a defective attachment!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey,

THANKS! That was just what I needed. So, it just pushes on... although there is a push-lever and small "plug outlet" on the mini turbine head that looks like it should connect to *something*. DH called Dyson and was told that was for the European model, we can "just ignore it". Alrighty then, consider it ignored!
2.gif

So, that answers Question #1.
36.gif
Yay!

Now, does anyone know how the gizmo in the Carpet Cleaning Kit is to be used?!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*bumping* for other Dyson owners.

Anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do with the plastic attachment that came with the New Carpet Care kit?! I am an idiot, I tell you!
2.gif

Thank you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sorry it took so long for me to answer your question... and i''m glad linsey was able to help.

i have the dc07 and it does detach like i thought. i don''t have the turbo head thing, though. so, again, i''m glad she was able to give you that info.
and i don''t have the carpet cleaning kit, so looks like i''m no help there either.
15.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 9:39:12 AM

Anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do with the plastic attachment that came with the New Carpet Care kit?! I am an idiot, I tell you!
2.gif

Thank you!
I''ve never used it! When you figure it out, let me know!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 9:45:00 AM
Author: sumbride

Date: 8/15/2007 9:39:12 AM

2.gif

Thank you!
I''ve never used it! When you figure it out, let me know!
Haha! Well, unless someone enlightens me on it, apparently I''ll not be using mine, either!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results