shape
carat
color
clarity

Trustworthy Melbourne Jeweller Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Can any PS-ers from Melbourne recommend a good jeweller?

I''m thinking of doing a re-set and don''t have a regular jeweller I can trust after my jeweller mangled my wedding ring.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
wolftress Precious Metals at Canterbury made my upgrade and wedding ring My ring

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 11:53:42 PM
Author: katebar
wolftress Precious Metals at Canterbury made my upgrade and wedding ring My ring
Ooh, your rings are wonderful!

Did they make the setting for you, or did they just set the diamond? The workmanship is really good!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to add that it is SO frustrating finding a good jeweller here in Melbourne. A lot of the jewellery shops are just shops... they don''t do inhouse jewellery design, setting or any sort of benchwork themselves. Instead, they farm the work out to anonymous people, then charge us consumers an insane amount of $$ for it.

Case in point: my wedding ring. We bought my ring from what we considered to be a highly regarded jeweller, voted the ''best'' in Knox City. I sent my ring back to them to have two diamonds added. It came back a mess, with the other two diamonds unevenly spaced. They charged us $100 to fix this and said it was because they had sent it off to the setter and HE had made the mistake, and they would still have to pay him to fix it. It was a frustrating process, to say the least. It still makes me mad that they refused to take responsibility
29.gif

Anyway, I really want to avoid this happening in the future and am looking for a reputable jeweller I can trust for any future work. If possible, one that doesn''t charge an arm and a leg would be good too
2.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:53:18 AM
Author: wolftress
I just want to add that it is SO frustrating finding a good jeweller here in Melbourne. A lot of the jewellery shops are just shops... they don''t do inhouse jewellery design, setting or any sort of benchwork themselves. Instead, they farm the work out to anonymous people, then charge us consumers an insane amount of $$ for it.

Case in point: my wedding ring. We bought my ring from what we considered to be a highly regarded jeweller, voted the ''best'' in Knox City. I sent my ring back to them to have two diamonds added. It came back a mess, with the other two diamonds unevenly spaced. They charged us $100 to fix this and said it was because they had sent it off to the setter and HE had made the mistake, and they would still have to pay him to fix it. It was a frustrating process, to say the least. It still makes me mad that they refused to take responsibility
29.gif

Anyway, I really want to avoid this happening in the future and am looking for a reputable jeweller I can trust for any future work. If possible, one that doesn''t charge an arm and a leg would be good too
2.gif
Thank you I love them too
2.gif
. I bought the stone from GOG and Garry''s team made both on site. Precious Metalsl is a very professional outfit and with great customer service to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results