shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new addition!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 3:10:15 PM
Author: sumbride
I can''t call him Oreo because the other cats have people names and I don''t want him to feel inferior.
20.gif
ridiculous, isn''t it?

That. is. hilarious! I get it, but it''s still hilarious.
9.gif

Sylvester just doesn''t stick. I did think Rocky though. don''t know why. M said no.

Thufferin thuccotash, that''th too bad.
11.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 3:19:19 PM
Author: Chrono
I like Clive since it has that rugged, devilish connotation which goes well with that smirk.
I''m totally trying that one when I get home! and now I have a reason to go with it! Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 3:24:05 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 8/3/2007 3:10:15 PM
I can''t call him Oreo because the other cats have people names and I don''t want him to feel inferior.
20.gif
ridiculous, isn''t it?

That. is. hilarious! I get it, but it''s still hilarious.
9.gif

Sylvester just doesn''t stick. I did think Rocky though. don''t know why. M said no.

Thufferin thuccotash, that''th too bad.
11.gif
It sounds like your OH is similar to mine Sum, I think of these brilliantly creative names for our cats and he vetoes them, we have had them unnamed for days until inspiration strikes and you find the right name, we have even ended up changing names before
25.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
totally. My coworker just suggested I call him "Muffassa" until M agrees to a better name! Sounds like a good strategy! "MuFASSA!"

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 3:58:37 PM
totally. My coworker just suggested I call him 'Muffassa' until M agrees to a better name! Sounds like a good strategy! 'MuFASSA!'
HEE HEE!!! All of a sudden the right name will strike you!! He sure is a darling!!!
face23.gif

I was looking at his pics again and it looks like he is wearing little socks, bless him!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about Sebastian? he is delish by the way!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cute! My sister has a cat that resembles your kitty and she named him Bogart.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sooo cute!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, he is so adorable! I love that last pic where he is looking up at you with half-closed eyes. I think Cary for Cary Grant works -- he looks very debonair.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think we have decided on Jack, though I may spell it Jacques! It finally seems to stick and we agreed on it! That''s something. Of course, still subject to change I suppose.

He''s just precious! Tonight when I got home he was cuddling with M and when I walked in he immediately gave me a head bonk and that is quite a greeting to get from a kitten that has barely known you 24 hours!!! He spent the next couple of hours cuddling and purring. I suppose he played all day and now he wanted to snuggle! He LOVES M and it''s so cute to see him all wrapped around his arm or stretching out next to him. Our other cats kind of avoid M, so it''s nice that this cat seems to truly appreciate him!

He figured out how to move the curtains on the french doors so he and Bill so each other for the first time and there was a bit of hissing and growling from Bill. Jack''s tail fluffed up but he didn''t seem quite as terrified. I think that''s enough interaction for the moment, but I was expecting a few growls.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
He adorable and I like the name Jack/Jacques! It seems very fitting! Jack/Jacques is making me want more kitties! I only have 3! I LOVE kitties so MUCH!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Yay more pix!!!
36.gif

My childhood black-and-white kitty was called Domino -- Dom for short, so I was going to suggest that... but Jacques is a great people-name for your new little guy!! I showed the pictures to DH to try and convince him that our Maya might need a friend....
2.gif

Post more pix, post more pix, post more pix!!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Maya too, canine though...Jacques is too cute, so debonair!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 10:19:59 PM
I think we have decided on Jack, though I may spell it Jacques! It finally seems to stick and we agreed on it! That's something. Of course, still subject to change I suppose.

He's just precious! Tonight when I got home he was cuddling with M and when I walked in he immediately gave me a head bonk and that is quite a greeting to get from a kitten that has barely known you 24 hours!!! He spent the next couple of hours cuddling and purring. I suppose he played all day and now he wanted to snuggle! He LOVES M and it's so cute to see him all wrapped around his arm or stretching out next to him. Our other cats kind of avoid M, so it's nice that this cat seems to truly appreciate him!

He figured out how to move the curtains on the french doors so he and Bill so each other for the first time and there was a bit of hissing and growling from Bill. Jack's tail fluffed up but he didn't seem quite as terrified. I think that's enough interaction for the moment, but I was expecting a few growls.
I was thinking about Jack but didn't post it! Sum, do you know anything about him or how he ended up in a shelter?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2007 4:05:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

I was thinking about Jack but didn''t post it! Sum, do you know anything about him or how he ended up in a shelter?

All we know is that he was a stray and had been in the shelter with his sister for about 3 weeks. He''s very well socialized though, so they must have spent a lot of time with him. He''d been on medicine for a URI so he and his sis were in separate cages when we met him. I probably would have been hesitant to split them up if they had been together, but I didn''t know he had a sister until later. She was a little wilder and we couldn''t take 2 because 3 is our limit in the city, so they didn''t press too hard but they did ask me a couple of times.

I''ll try and take some more pictures today! He''s been very playful and loving today!

And Ephem, you TOTALLY need to get Maya a friend!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
He's precious!!! I miss my little tuxedo-kitty (Buddha) so much --- I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug this little guy! Don't ask me why, but all I can think of when I see him is Oliver ??! Ah well, you'll know the right name when you hear it..or he hears it...

jen

ETA --- looks like I needed to read more than page one before I posted!
2.gif
Jaques is adorable!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More pics! More pics!!!
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OK...I''m on board with Jack...as in Nickelson...as in cooler than the rest of us...on the floor with the Lakers...and wearing RayBans inside the building where there is no chance of sunlight
emsmiled.gif

Jack. Ok Jack, you better get some shut eye, because we all want more pictures of you!! Jack, buddy...you listening?

DKS

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I spent my whole weekend playing with Jack and didn''t take more pictures! I know... I know... I''m sorry!!!

He''s just the most perfect kitty EVER. He and Bill are now looking through the french doors at each other. Bill doesn''t like him. He growls and hisses and Jack just looks at him like "WHAT?" He''s not afraid at all. And that upsets Bill more, I think. Lucy still won''t venture to the basement. I think she knows he''s down there but she''s practicing actively ignoring the situation.

After he gets all tuckered out from playing, he snuggles into our laps and sleeps. He''s a lap kitten!!! woo hoo!!! that''s EXACTLY what I wanted. And I''m SO glad we found him.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need more pics!!!!

cry.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the name Jacques! It''s so mysterious.
9.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Please post more photos. I adopted a tuxedo cat from the SPCA, Isabelle when she was a year old, and never got to see her as a young''n. Please post photos!

What about MAX??

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results