shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with handbags -- faves under $100

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lumpkin, let go of the mouse, and step away from the computer.

9.gif
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 10:35:09 PM
Author: Ellen
lumpkin, let go of the mouse, and step away from the computer.

9.gif
2.gif

Heeeeheeee! You''ll have to pry it from my cold dead hand!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
BTW, Ellen, I hope you''re feeling better. Can you hear again?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 10:40:19 PM
Author: lumpkin
WHAT?

Sorry, I''m giddy from the last two weeks.
lol.gif
Yes, they are slowly but surely unclogging. Today I actually felt human. Thanks for asking.
1.gif

lol @ cold dead hand

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hey lumpkin! i sure don''t know about your tj maxx but i have found two things to be true which may help you. first, they have those racks full of bags and the better ones are often hidden. if you put a discerning eye on the racks and look carefully sometimes there is a good one hidden in there. second, i am sure that with computer controlled inventory they know what they can sell and maybe your store doesn''t get designer bags. i do suspect that they may get some but have individuals who ask when trucks come in and arrive when they can take the choice bags either for themselves or to sell on e-bay. i have witnessed this happening in my tj and ladies have told me that is what they were doing. i have found countless dooney, coach, michael kors, rafe and other designer and high quality leather handbags there.

you, of course, know what is going on in your area and i am just offering what i have seen here in case it may help a fellow purse lover get more bags.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 10:11:13 AM
Author: crown1
hey lumpkin! i sure don''t know about your tj maxx but i have found two things to be true which may help you. first, they have those racks full of bags and the better ones are often hidden. if you put a discerning eye on the racks and look carefully sometimes there is a good one hidden in there. second, i am sure that with computer controlled inventory they know what they can sell and maybe your store doesn''t get designer bags. i do suspect that they may get some but have individuals who ask when trucks come in and arrive when they can take the choice bags either for themselves or to sell on e-bay. i have witnessed this happening in my tj and ladies have told me that is what they were doing. i have found countless dooney, coach, michael kors, rafe and other designer and high quality leather handbags there.

you, of course, know what is going on in your area and i am just offering what i have seen here in case it may help a fellow purse lover get more bags.
2.gif
This would not surprise me at all. Next time I''m shopping for something specific I should ask when they get their shipments and aprox. what time. I know from past experience that sometimes it''s a matter of being there at the right time, and lately it seems I''m not.

We also have a Burlington Coat Factory that is nice -- I got a beautiful full length wool coat there. Oh, gosh, time to shop for jackets again...
27.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 10:46:43 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/30/2007 10:40:19 PM
Author: lumpkin
WHAT?

Sorry, I''m giddy from the last two weeks.
lol.gif
Yes, they are slowly but surely unclogging. Today I actually felt human. Thanks for asking.
1.gif

lol @ cold dead hand

9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s a neat site. I found a couple I like, both well under $100.

francosartobag.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, meant to post that the one above is a Franco Sarto.

The one here is a Kenneth Cole Reaction.

So SpldRotten, do you have some picks?

kennethcolebag.jpg

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
ooh, cute!!
I like this one:

1111381801_LG.jpg

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
it''s the " Ellen Tracy Sandalia Leather Framed Satchel "

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, LOVE Kenneth Cole New York/Reaction!!! There are usually great deals to be found in the outlets... I love his bags because they have great styling and are pretty well constructed. When I was in my early twenties I found a KC Reaction black bag that was very simplistic in design, it doubled as a shoulder bag/hand held bag and was very structured without any frilly details, just a great shape. I ended up wearing one out within a year and buying a brand new one in the same style after that!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

I like Ellen Tracy, too, and that bag is a really nice tote.

Monarch, I had never really seen the KC Reaction bags until a couple of people pointed them out in this thread. They are really nicely styled, I think. Nice details but not over the top so that they''ll be obviously last year (or the year before), which I like. I also like that you can kind of tell whose bag it is, but it''s not in-your-face obvious like some of the signature bags. (I''m that way with a lot of things -- I don''t want to advertise for a designer, but if it''s a quality piece sometimes you can tell whose it is by little details.)

I have to admit I am noticing other women''s bags much more than I used to, and I think this is just the little lift I need to motivate me in the right fashion direction. There''s nothing worse than seeing a frumpy woman who has no makeup, wearing unflattering clothing and bad hair with a really nice bag -- gotta live up to the bag, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results