shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your fall cosmetic finds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been doing some fall shopping for myself as well as the boys and we have a fairly new Ulta store. I had never heard of it until this past spring and I''ve gone in a few times. Anyway, I needed some new lipstick and they had a little deal going where if you buy so much in Ulta''s store brand you get this little makeup kit free. I got some lipsticks and eyebrow pencil and got the little kit. I was very, very pleasantly surprised. First of all, I have a hard time finding just the right eyebrow pencil color -- I need an ashy blond and most have too much red in them for me, or they go too yellow. The Ulta was right on target! I was very surprised it was such a good match. I also liked the translucent powder and the eyeshadow that came in the kit. There''s a black shadow that makes a really nice eye liner.

I also got a Mac eyebrow pencil and I like it, too. I got some Bobby Brown lipstick that''s more shear and moist that I like. I may have to go back later and get another color.

Boy, whenever I need a lift, there''s nothing like a new lipstick.

Anyone care to share any good finds?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet DiamondFan introduced me to Laura Mercier lip balm, it looks like a lipstick and it gives lips a pretty sheer sheen and it conditions lips so well, it''s a real keeper! I love it because it makes lips look '' finished'' but still natural.

Lumpkin, great thread!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
NO! I am not ready to discuss anything but summer. We have had along wet rainy season and WE have summer
10.gif
right now...sorry.

I will check in in a few months.
2.gif
The Fall word may be permitted then.

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nordie''s has some really fun MAC items right now, there''s a mini brush set I''ve been eyeing because it would fit right into my makeup bag...I haven''t even started thinking about fall colors/makeup yet. Typically I get more into the nail colors than I do color for face because I always stick to the same colors no matter what season!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just got Bobbi Brown''s Stonewashed Nudes eyeshadow pallet - gorgeous gorgeous colors for fall.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 4:33:18 PM
Author: monarch64
Nordie''s has some really fun MAC items right now, there''s a mini brush set I''ve been eyeing because it would fit right into my makeup bag...I haven''t even started thinking about fall colors/makeup yet. Typically I get more into the nail colors than I do color for face because I always stick to the same colors no matter what season!
This is how I am too. I wear neutrals on my eyes year round. . .but, I cannot stop buying makeup (as it''s an addiction) so I keep buying similar eye shadow colors over and over, contantly trying out new brands! lol

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I don''t normally buy make up for each season, but I did recently buy a few Trish McEvoy products. I got very dark this year for some reason, although I haven''t been purposely trying to get tan. So I had to get a new powder and I bought concealer, in Honey. While I was at the counter I decided to get a new blush, so I bought Bohemian and a new lip color called Jolie.

I am not sure if I love the lipstick, because it is a bit more pink than I am used to wearing, but I need more color (usually I wear nudes or beiges), because I got so dark that the other colors don''t make a difference when I wear them.

I also picked up some Sheiseido (?) skin care products, their signature line I think. I usually use Estee Lauder stuff and every few days use that Clinique scrub cleanser, but I notice I have been getting a lot of clogged pores, not pimples, just black heads and white heads. So, I decided to try something new.

They were having this trial size set at Macy''s that came with the cleanser, the toner and a day and night moisturizer. So far I haven''t had a reaction, so it seems good and my face does seem cleaner.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 3:26:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
NO! I am not ready to discuss anything but summer. We have had along wet rainy season and WE have summer
10.gif
right now...sorry.

2.gif

DKS

hehe, my exact thoughts! Seeing the stores ready w/school supplies scares me.

I like the aveda fall lipstick colors.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 7:02:06 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/28/2007 3:26:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
10.gif
right now...sorry.

2.gif

DKS

hehe, my exact thoughts! Seeing the stores ready w/school supplies scares me.

I like the aveda fall lipstick colors.
HI:

I know what you are saying about Fall
6.gif
, but the flier from Holt Renferew had the most wondeful gift with purchase from EL. Gorgoeus fall colors. Glad I didn''t have time yesterday to shop the make-up counters, for fall stuff! (but, sadly, soon enough....)

cheers--Sharon

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Fall??
*sticks fingers in ears* "La LA La La LA LA La la la LA"
31.gif

Ok, I''ll admit to buying some late summer through fall clothing from Jjill.com 70% off sale. But still, it''s July!!

Um.... So from those who have been doing some shopping, what makeup styles and colors will be in this fall?
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results