shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all cushion peeps...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I have been reading everything on this forum about cushions and I know that numbers only tell you so much, and that you need to actually see the cushion in person. However, please tell me your opinions on this stone based on the stats. I am only wanting to know if it is worth taking a chance on. We will order the loose stone only and get it set elsewhere. I know we could always send it back, but I don''t want to buy it in the first place if it''s an obvious dud. The numbers seem to be good to me, but I may well be missing something. This has an AGS cert. Thanks in advance!

Shape - Cushion Brilliant
Weight - 1.71 carats
Measurements - 8.75 X 6.92 X 4.20
L/W ratio - 1.26 (I want rectangular)
Depth - 60.3%
Table - 56.0%
Girdle - Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Color - I
Clarity - SI2 (there is a white feather in bottow right corner, table is clean)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the vendor for a magnified picture of the stone to see the facet pattern and the inclusion.
Ask the vendor to run a Sarin report to check the crown height.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look fine. Get pics, please.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/27/2007 11:54:03 AM
Author:indypitty
I have been reading everything on this forum about cushions and I know that numbers only tell you so much, and that you need to actually see the cushion in person. However, please tell me your opinions on this stone based on the stats. I am only wanting to know if it is worth taking a chance on. We will order the loose stone only and get it set elsewhere. I know we could always send it back, but I don''t want to buy it in the first place if it''s an obvious dud. The numbers seem to be good to me, but I may well be missing something. This has an AGS cert. Thanks in advance!

Shape - Cushion Brilliant
Weight - 1.71 carats
Measurements - 8.75 X 6.92 X 4.20
L/W ratio - 1.26 (I want rectangular)
Depth - 60.3%
Table - 56.0%
Girdle - Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Color - I
Clarity - SI2 (there is a white feather in bottow right corner, table is clean)
Based on these #''s it can be a great looking Diamond or NOT!!!
Who ever advices you based on these points is not serious!!!

Need to see (period).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, it's a crapshoot without pictures at the least.

It could be an amazing stone or it could be a complete dud. Nothing in the numbers makes me immediately scream "Run!" though, but unfortunately with cushions, that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results