shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in Vegas Ideas!!! (Not getting married there, my mom would kill me) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AJ

Rough_Rock
Okay, lets hear ''em...I''m going to Vegas on 8/24, staying at the MGM Grand, going to a show on 8/25 (Beyonce & Robin Thicke Concert) and need some ideas...here are my thoughts:

1. At Paris-Paris, where you can go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and over look the water show at the Bellagio

2. In front of the Bellagio during water show

3. The Gondola in the Venetian

Okay, I need some ideas, and some opinions of my top 3, I will choose the best one everyone agrees on...
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of the gondola. But that''s just me. :)

Elan

Rough_Rock
Be sure she''s comfortable with a very public proposal. ;-)

AJ

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I know, thats why I need an idea where I do in private as well as in person so I have my options...another thing is, I know she is totally expecting it in Vegas, so I could throw her a curve ball and do it either before or after, I dred doing it after because that may mess up the Vegas trip so maybe an option would be doing Thursday night or Friday morning before we leave out

AJ

Rough_Rock
Okay, now that I think about it more, I want a more personal, intimate proposal, but maybe around the time we take our trip to Vegas either, the night before, the morning of, or in the room in Vegas...HELP, IDEAS PLEASE!!!
9.gif

Elan

Rough_Rock
What kind of room did you book at the MGM? If you can afford it, an upgrade might be in order. Take some chips up to your room for a private 1-on-1 game of Blackjack or Hold ''Em. Open a bottle of wine, set the mood... do what you do best.
9.gif
Play a few hands while you get your nerve up, and wait for her to bet a good amount of chips before you smile at her, put the ring box (open it?) on your blind, and say, "I''m all in." It''s ridiculously sappy, I know, but dang.
41.gif

Alternately, the''s a lot of good dining in Vegas. Look into it, reserve a table (with a view!) at a nice restaurant, and scheme with the staff regarding your plans.

AJ

Rough_Rock
Now that is pretty cool...I like it, she sucks at any card game and she did ask me to practice with her before we go, oh man, that would be cool and surprising.

Now the dinner proposal would be cool as well, how could I pull that off without making a HUGE scene, just a small one... and we will have another couple with us (her Cousin and fiance)

I was also thinking about pulling something off the day before we take off or the morning that we take off...*thinking...thinking...thinking..thinking...

So far, I like the idea with the card game...

Elan

Rough_Rock
The cool thing about card games is that YOU know how to play: you can manipulate the game to put the chip count in her favor. Let her win!
2.gif
Keep a stash of chips in your pocket with the ring so when you go fishing around for another "buy-in," it isn't completely obvious. I'm sure you can also coordinate with the hotel staff to set up your room beforehand in terms of a romantic ambiance.

I prefer things one-on-one personally, but honestly, two witnesses can make it even more exciting. When you make reservations with the restaurant, tell them what you have planned and request that you get a secluded part of the dining room. I would clue in your companions as to your plans (but get her cousin's word that her mouth will be sealed) too, as they can provide assistance if you need it... or possibly better, allow you some alone time so you can work your magic. You don't have to dine with them at every meal of your trip. They'd likely be more than happy to oblige.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 5:56:13 PM
Author: Elan
What kind of room did you book at the MGM? If you can afford it, an upgrade might be in order. Take some chips up to your room for a private 1-on-1 game of Blackjack or Hold ''Em. Open a bottle of wine, set the mood... do what you do best.
9.gif
Play a few hands while you get your nerve up, and wait for her to bet a good amount of chips before you smile at her, put the ring box (open it?) on your blind, and say, ''I''m all in.'' It''s ridiculously sappy, I know, but dang.
41.gif

Alternately, the''s a lot of good dining in Vegas. Look into it, reserve a table (with a view!) at a nice restaurant, and scheme with the staff regarding your plans.

Love it....corny and sweet at the same time!

AJ

Rough_Rock
hey guys I was thinking I could it the night before we leave for Vegas...Then she could have a good night and wake up look at her hand and say "OMG, it really happened, I wasnt dreaming"...INSERT IDEAS

If I do it in Vegas I think I'm going to do it before we leave for dinner, so I can do it in the room, the way I want it, then we go to dinner under candle light the will accentuate the ACA Princess Cut I plan to buy...that lighting and atmosphere will make the bad baby really do a light show and sparkly...

SO HOW DOES THIS SOUND

I propose Friday night (8/24) in the room before dinner (I will have to brian storm the set-up and how I will actually do it) then go to a really nice restaurant in Vegas with a view, good move to let her gaze over her new stone under the warm lighting that will make that ACA do tricks and the atmosphere will be priceless, we have some dinner, dessert, champagne, then back to the room that I have decorated with roses, rose petals, more champagne, fruit and well, need I say more...
31.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Next morning (8/25), a surprise, I take her to the Spa at Mandalay for a Hot Stone Couples Massage and Manicure, then Viva Las Vegas for the rest of Saturday during the day, then that night we go to see Beyonce and Robin Thicke in concert at the MGM Grand!!! She loves Beyonce! And she is there for one night only, I actually got those tickets already

We leave on Sunday, and I have a couple surprises for the trip back...I have a package wrapped in a nice box and inside it will be every bridal magazine out, then in another package, and this is GOOD
9.gif
, I will have a 8X10 Frame from Thinges Remembered, inside the frame I will have a bible scripture in script font (1 Corinthians 1-13) the paper the verse will be on will have a picture of as a background to this lovely bible verse about love and engraved on the frame will say:

(All in script font)

Today, Tomorrow, Forever
Tiffany & Anthony
September 20, 2008

(yeah she already has a date she wants and this will show that I remembered)

Okay, thats it...wadda ya think...now for the brainstorming on my delivery of "will you marry me" as we get ready to head out for dinner...rather than just a memorble one moment, I will just make the entire thing a nice event...ahhhhhhhh with all that said, I still don't know

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
just a quick note on the engraved frame thing... I like the idea but don''t think I''d put the date on it. What if the church/reception hall that you REALLY want for the wedding is already booked for that date? You may end up changing the date- you just never know. So, I''d leave the date off for now and then maybe get it engraved on later, once you have signed contracts with the reception place. You could always just tell her you wanted to put 9/20/08 on the frame (to show her you DO remeber) but that you held off just in case.

In addition, I like the idea of proposing before you leave. If she already things you will propose IN Vegas, throw her off a bit and propose right before going. However, the card game thing is cute too, so you really can''t go wrong.

AJ

Rough_Rock
Good point on the engraving thing...I need some ideas if I do it before we leave, if I do it then, I would want to do it the night before....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please DO NOT do the public proposal unless you are POSITIVE she wants one.

OK, now that the warning is out, I REALLY REALLY love the corny blackjack idea!!!! Could you bring cards home and "practice" for vegas together the night before you leave and do it then? Or else in your room before dinner would also be a great idea.

I think the cards idea is PERFECT since it''s Vegas and you said that she would want to practice anyway...so she won''t suspect a thing!

If you really want to surprise her I would do it BEFORE Vegas but drop hints that you''ll be doing it IN Vegas.

jdneal22

Rough_Rock
AJ,

I am also going to propose in Vegas. August 1st we leave. I don''t want to be on edge th ewhole vacation so I am going to do it on my first day. There is a great, romantic sounding song that plays at 6pm and 10:30pm. I plan to do it, probably in the latter because of the night time setting. I thought about the public proposal...and what better way to remember it... The thought of the courage you had to ask her in front of all of thos people and to announce your everlasting commitment and love to her. And the crowd cheering for the both of you. it will be a moment full of chills to remember. Plus if you get a good picture from a bystander while you do it...just think of the photo albums later...and maybe even a pic to use for your invitations.

Just my thoughts. I think the fact of knowing a few hundred people will be talking about your proposal on thier whole vacation and even when they return home. And it will be an everlasting memory for you guys. And a reason to visit vegas more often.

Just a tip. there is a bar called, The Fontana Bar in the Bellagio. It has a outdoor deck with a spectacular view of the fountain. Maybe less crowded there...especially on a weeknight....

Good luck!
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results