shape
carat
color
clarity

We got our first Wedding Gift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
We''re still 2.5 months off, but I had breakfast today with a very dear friend who is not going to be able to attend the wedding. She''s retired and has been a mother figure to me over the years, even moreso since I lost my own mother a couple of months ago.

I was so touched when she presented me this morning with an afghan she had made for us. It is a cream cable knit with a beautiful border, and is "double wide" for 2 to snuggle under.

I have knit on and off over the years and realize how much work and love went into this.

What a pleasant surprise! It makes it seem so real (and close!!)

36.gif
36.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like such a great gift! And how exciting that it is getting so close!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That''s so lovely! I know it sounds kind of kitschy, but I find that when you put on something that someone has knit for you, it''s like a warm hug!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
IndieGal,
that isn''t kitschy at all. in fact she said she did the cable knit because it "hugs" (i.e. the cables sort of fold in on each other)
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful gift! And how exciting! I love cable knit... I bet it will be with you forever! Enjoy!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful gift! And sounds like a touching memory!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results