shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought this amazing new emerald cut three stone ring and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I just bought an amazing emerald cut 3 stone ring (with blessing of my husband!)

Its 1.5ct center and .50 ct on each side, 2.5ctw. F color stones. set in platinum. I love, love it. I'll post photos eventually I promise!

Anyhow, I don't like how it looks with my wedding ring since there is a gap. My wedding ring is a plain platinum band. I thought I could wear that for times I don't want to wear an expensive diamond ring. Like when we travel etc.

Would it be weird for a married woman to wear just a 3 stone ring without a wedding band? My husband has zero opinion and really does not care either way as long as I wear the new diamond ring we just paid so much for.

I have been wearing just the 3 stone for a few days and really love the look of the ring alone. So clean and uncluttered.

But will people think I'm engaged? I am a married mom of 4!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
With my old engagement ring - I did not plan on getting a WB.
I think there are a fair amount of women who always wear only one ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think so. I wear my 3 stone ring or sometimes even my engagement ring alone. Times have changed quite a bit, especially as more women receive fancier engagement rings that can only be worn alone and the wedding band is worn on the other hand.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the ring! I think it is fine to wear the ring alone if that is what works best, times have changed to where there was only the traditional solitaire and plain wedding band which was invariably easy to wear; with the vast array of designs now available, many choose not to wear a wedding ring or band with their e-ring for aesthetic or comfort reasons.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wear my three stone ring (radiant and side traps) alone, all of the time. I have several wedding bands, and an eternity ring, but wear them alone too. I jsut like the look of my ER all by it''s lonesome.

Now where are those pictures????
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My motto is do whatever makes you happy! As a sidenote, plenty of women wear a three stone ring solo
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and how dare you post this without pics!! Get working
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah where are the pics?? FWIW, I think it''s fine to wear alone. No fast and hard rules these days!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more call for pictures! And I agree, it''s no biggie if you don''t wear a wedding band. Now back to those pictures! We need them!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Must...have....pix....

Oh, and about the ring/band thing... if you are happy wearing the ring solo, that''s what you should do!

9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone about wearing your 3 stone alone. It''s fine and you should do what makes you happy!

Now where are the PICTURES!?
9.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my three stone ring alone all the time and hardly ever wear my wedding ring. It''s much more comfortable for me and I like the way it looks on it''s own.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I've been married for a long time, but I don't ever wear a wedding band anymore. I just wear my three stone ring (round diamonds) all by itself as my wedding ring all the time. There are no rules on this stuff so I think you should do as you like.

Edited to add: I can't wait to see pictures of your new ring. I love the look of three stone emerald cut rings!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not wear a wedding band on your other hand? I have a stand alone e-ring that doesn''t look good with wedding bands and chose to wear my band on the opposite hand. This way people will still think I''m married.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OK, first off, it''s against the rules to post specs of a knock out like that and not pics!!!!!! hehe...Just kidding! I can''t be critical of not posting pics!

I''m a mother of 3 and only wear one ring. At first it didn''t bother me, but, honestly it''s starting to get on my nerves when people ask me when the wedding is or look at my ring and then my kids with a puzzled look. I''m not the type to give a rat''s pitootie what people think either. To me, though, three stones can look like anniversary rings. Yours could absolutely be a stand alone piece. If you are comfortable with wearing one ring, by all means, wear it. Orrrr, you could have a band made to go with it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 10:14:14 AM
Author:amylikesrocks
So I bought this amazing new emerald cut three stone ring and need advice
My advice is to post pictures of it here
31.gif
9.gif

...and then to wear it however you darn well please! I don''t think it would look strange alone!!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
I just posted a similar but different topic- I am getting divorced and am wondering if its okay to wear my three stone on my left ring finger- Well I am still leaglly married but once you make the decision then mentally your not (at least for me) but when i thought everything was okay sometimes i wore my ring alone and sometimes with the band- honestly it looks better without the band- too much going on- but i always felt it was fine to wear it alone............Just dont get divorced and then youll REALLY be wondering!!!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
NO comment until I have pics. And boy oh boy do I have a comment. But you will never know until you shoot the darn thing!

DKS

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Alone it is (for now). I may change my mind :)

My wedding band does not fit on my right hand, my right hand is larger. I am not going to size it since its inscribed and I still want to be able to wear it on my left hand when I want to.

I will post photos once I figure out how to do it and get a good one.

not at all. Everyone will know what it is and the man wouldn''t care about the band, honestly, just the 50million dollar ring he bought you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results