shape
carat
color
clarity

Window shopping for pearls...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378144731|3513602 said:
mmmm...the colors on that matryoshka pearl are yummy! Now I have to go window shopping for one for ME :naughty:

Let me know if you want the links... Figured that if I am so rational about buying, then I just don't like them enough... Y'know vs the obsessive I can't stop thinking about them type of pearl lust... Happy to enable you tho. :naughty:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As Pasteur said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."

All of your research prepares you so that when you see something unexpected, you know when it is special and you need to leap on it.

Worked for Pasteur, and it works for icy_jade. ;))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1378230208|3514069 said:
LitGeek|1378144731|3513602 said:
mmmm...the colors on that matryoshka pearl are yummy! Now I have to go window shopping for one for ME :naughty:

Let me know if you want the links... Figured that if I am so rational about buying, then I just don't like them enough... Y'know vs the obsessive I can't stop thinking about them type of pearl lust... Happy to enable you tho. :naughty:

I just gave my shopping list to Jeremy for his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, so I am going to have to set all of my pearl money aside for those purchases. I know if I even ask for the info from you that I will cave and buy one :lol: Thank you for your sweet offer.

On another note, I hope to have a photo of my new necklace to share with you soon. Now that Hisano, who designed this piece for me, is back from her honeymoon she should be able to drill and string my pearls sometime within the next week :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1378238893|3514137 said:
As Pasteur said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."

All of your research prepares you so that when you see something unexpected, you know when it is special and you need to leap on it.

Worked for Pasteur, and it works for icy_jade. ;))

Ah, thanks! I hope so!! ::)

LitGeek said:
I just gave my shopping list to Jeremy for his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, so I am going to have to set all of my pearl money aside for those purchases. I know if I even ask for the info from you that I will cave and buy one :lol: Thank you for your sweet offer.

On another note, I hope to have a photo of my new necklace to share with you soon. Now that Hisano, who designed this piece for me, is back from her honeymoon she should be able to drill and string my pearls sometime within the next week :twirl:

Ohhhh more pearly eye candies. Sounds exciting, can't wait to see them! :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
More unusual akoya colours :twirl:

_9592.jpg

_9594.jpg

_9595.jpg

_9596.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Uhmmmm...WOW ~those akoyas look metallic! Silver and gold? These take my breath away :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378308897|3514380 said:
Uhmmmm...WOW ~those akoyas look metallic! Silver and gold? These take my breath away :love: :love:

Umm... Let me know when you are ready to be enabled. :mrgreen:
Think I have seen quite a few other strands of unusually coloured strands. Will share if I stumble across them again.

1st is described as:
Size of the pearl 8.0-8.5mm
Form of the pearl Baroque
Color of the pearl Natural gold green

2nd as:
Size of the pearl 8.5-9.0mm
Form of the pearl Baroque
Color of the pearl Natural gold green gray

P.S. such lovely orient ya? Almost as mesmerizing as my blue one, but being totally biased I'll say that my blue strand is prettier. :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Unusually coloured tahitian pendant and earrings (sold separately).
Pendant = 14.6mm
Earrings = 12 mm

What colour is this anyway? :confused:

And the prettiest peacock drops... :love:

_9597.jpg

_9598.jpg

_9599.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess those are pistachios with gold overtones? Very pretty. And those peacock drops are quite lovely ~ they remind me of yours! Please keep those beautiful pearl photos coming :wavey: Do you follow Jewelmer on FB? Oh the lovely photos they post! You are so lucky that you can visit one of their stores.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378316162|3514428 said:
I would guess those are pistachios with gold overtones? Very pretty. And those peacock drops are quite lovely ~ they remind me of yours! Please keep those beautiful pearl photos coming :wavey: Do you follow Jewelmer on FB? Oh the lovely photos they post! You are so lucky that you can visit one of their stores.

Happy to send in more pics! Nope but I will go and check out the Jewelmer pics after this. Really looking forward to see deep goldens in real life soon (next month, yay)!

Size: 12.6 x 13.2mm

15.7 mm

_9632.jpg

_9633.jpg

_9634.jpg

_9635.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Realized I am a little jaded after all the akoya pearls that I have seen online, but some are really uncommon. Like these:

10 mm if I remember correctly...

And this creamy delight...

_9644.jpg

_9645.jpg

_9646.jpg

_9647.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It's not just about the pearl colours, but the design too. There are quite a few unique ones but some need to have their store name camouflaged so more next time.

Btw if anyone is interested on any one of them, pls feel free to drop me an email. I am not sharing openly cos I haven't bought from most of these vendors, but they seem fairly established in their part of the world.

_9648.jpg

_9649.jpg

_9650.jpg

_9651.jpg

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You ladies are killing me, all of those akoya colors are incredible. I love the pistachio ones!

And that ring with the diamond petals (leaves?) - WOW. I'm not usually a pearl ring person, but that thing is incredible.

And the Keira Knightley necklace! Gorge. I feel like I've seen pictures of that one a lot, it's just so pretty.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
That tahitian pearl ring is BIG and SPARKLY and oh so fabulous :love: :love: :love:

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LitGeek|1378405098|3515101 said:
That tahitian pearl ring is BIG and SPARKLY and oh so fabulous :love: :love: :love:

It's amazing!! I adore huge flower rings. I have a yellow gold (Gasp! I never wear yellow gold), yellow sapphire, and diamond flower ring on its way to me and I can't wait to rock the heck out of it :) But ohhh that Tahitian.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy_jade, you wrote, we should drop an E-Mail, if we are interested. I really would like to, but I do not know, how. Could you pls post your E-Mail address? Thanx!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
dkata said:
icy_jade, you wrote, we should drop an E-Mail, if we are interested. I really would like to, but I do not know, how. Could you pls post your E-Mail address? Thanx!

Sure was in the first page:

icy_jade|1378133342|3513526 said:
LitGeek|1378132860|3513524 said:
I really like the tahitians in the second photo...the colors, the shape, everything :love:

Email me if you want the link... Amodularlife AT hotmail.com

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Necklace that can be worn 2 ways:

_9673_0.jpg

_9670.jpg

_9671.jpg

_9672.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ladies! Help... need your honest opinion... Yes or no?

And if yes, which one?

_9678.jpg

_9681.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
For my IF, I will be honest.

I, personally, vote no to both.

The trio looks too similar and the duo just doesn't do it for me.

What do YOU think? Are you drawn to one over the other?

Remember -- you are saving up pearl money for next month!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Keep saving :$$): :$$): :$$): I think you will be able to find gorgeous tahitians at the show that you can pick out yourself and have set like either of these pendants.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Nix on both. Wait for the show. Seriously. That's what I am doing!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ltype and LitGeek: The ring reminds me of the beauty that I saw in Hong Kong. Sharing some eye candy. :D

I want a kickass tahitian ring one day... :love:

THANK YOU bsomlo, LitGeek and Ms KC... Appreciate your honesty AND support!! Seems like the madness has passed. Think it's like kicking an addiction... I do get those sudden intense cravings that drives me nuts! :loopy: :oops: :roll:

Anyway that was brought on by some enhancers that I wanted but couldn't buy cos the vendor doesn't ship internationally... Drawbacks of window shopping for sure. Will share later. :razz:

_9705.jpg

_9706.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I wanted an enhancer... And these are convertible. Sigh.

_9709.jpg

_9710.jpg

_9711.jpg

_9712.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And these don't ship to my country either...

:blackeye:

_9714.jpg

_9715.jpg

_9716.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade that is some beautiful eye candy! That ring is just ~WOW~ huge!!! Gorgeous though :love: :love: :love: I too would love a huge pearl ring...hoping to fit one in my budget next year :twirl: Have you been wearing your beautiful birdie ring? I saw a post a while back that you were concerned about how the pearls would wear...it is much too pretty to be sitting in a jewelry box :mrgreen:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378555314|3516148 said:
icy jade that is some beautiful eye candy! That ring is just ~WOW~ huge!!! Gorgeous though :love: :love: :love: I too would love a huge pearl ring...hoping to fit one in my budget next year :twirl: Have you been wearing your beautiful birdie ring? I saw a post a while back that you were concerned about how the pearls would wear...it is much too pretty to be sitting in a jewelry box :mrgreen:

Erm, not much to be honest. Mix of not having matching clothes, and preferring to keep my fingers free at work, and just not wanting to worry about them. But I still enjoy seeing them. :D

Hope you get your pearl ring soon. We all need a Flygirl equivalent right? :lol:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Some nice eye candy there especially the blue akoya. Honestly I don't like some of the other ones you posted, but it's just me. Just because something has lots of diamonds and large pearl doesn't mean it's for me. I go for luster, color instead of size.

Love the lariat necklace. I have a Tahitian lariat about 20" long that I've turned into different ways to wear. Will take pictures one day to post here. I bought it from PP but didn't like the way the strand looks. Jeremy sent extra pearls and I rearranged the necklace then knotted it myself. Must have been 3 years ago.

I like the ring that looks like and inverted octopus design, so liquid and free form. I have only one pearl ring and do not wear it often. I don't think I'll ever buy pearl rings again. They sit higher and tend to bang into things, even when locking your house door, touching the door frame. The interchangeable enhance is regular enhancer that they hook a shepherd earring to the bottom. I find that just too busy. And no to both pendants you posted last. Again JMHO. I tell it like it is.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy_Jade -- to quote Tony Horton in his P90X video regarding "Ab-Ripper X" (a killer ab workout):

"I hate you, and I love you".

Why are you tempting us?! If you were a pendant of mine, you'd be the "Temptress Goddess".

I'm referring specifically to that torsade. That is just heavenly and I really think it would be beautiful on me. (sighs...)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1378565988|3516215 said:
Some nice eye candy there especially the blue akoya. Honestly I don't like some of the other ones you posted, but it's just me. Just because something has lots of diamonds and large pearl doesn't mean it's for me. I go for luster, color instead of size.

Love the lariat necklace. I have a Tahitian lariat about 20" long that I've turned into different ways to wear. Will take pictures one day to post here. I bought it from PP but didn't like the way the strand looks. Jeremy sent extra pearls and I rearranged the necklace then knotted it myself. Must have been 3 years ago.

I like the ring that looks like and inverted octopus design, so liquid and free form. I have only one pearl ring and do not wear it often. I don't think I'll ever buy pearl rings again. They sit higher and tend to bang into things, even when locking your house door, touching the door frame. The interchangeable enhance is regular enhancer that they hook a shepherd earring to the bottom. I find that just too busy. And no to both pendants you posted last. Again JMHO. I tell it like it is.

@HHPmom: You know what? I don't like everything that I posted either. :lol: Just thought to share some of the more interesting pieces and design - feels like pearls are a lot more heavily utilized in bejeweled creations in Asia, and if any can provide inspiration to the ladies on this forum, why not share right? Plus after this round of PP specials, thought some of the more ornate/offbeat designs could be of interest even if I don't really care for them. ;-)

For the 2 tahitian rings, they don't work for me for the reasons you mentioned (colour, lustre, overtone, etc) but am posting more for the settings/design. I actually quite like the 2nd setting (plus it looked nice on my finger, haha). But I have the same concerns as you re: banging rings into things, so no more rings for a while.

But I like the enhancer tho, complicated as it looks... For more formal events maybe. Plus it's quite inexpensive and can really change the look of the regular pearl necklace. Was thinking that getting one could get me more wear from the round strand of tahitians that I never wear...

As for the lariat, was thinking that my next short strand could be a lariat. I quite like the mix of beads and pearls and being able to have 2 looks from one strand... :idea:

No worries re: your honesty. I prefer honest feedback really. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results