shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can i get a few pearl cloths?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Where can I get a few pearl cloths?

I keep my Freshadama string in a small, soft bag but want a cloth to put in with it also.

Thanks.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what a pearl cloth is. Pearl Paradise sends pearl cleaning cloths with your purchases, but they are used to clean the pearls not for storing. I roll my pearls in a microfiber cloth I have at home when storing my pearls in a bag while traveling.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Then a microfiber cloth. Any particular type & where do I find them? Thanks.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
They sell microfibre cloths at most grocery stores or hardware stores - anywhere you'd buy cleaning supplies.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi
What exactly do you want? some sort of cloth to wrap your pearls in or a cleaning cloth or a bag to keep them in?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! Much appreciated. My PP strand usually sits in a soft small zippered bag, but I was thinking maybe it should have a soft cloth in there with it. Are pearls sitting on other pearls o.k.?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are stored in the hinged storage boxes they came in from PP. I only wrap them in microfiber when traveling.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
sonomacounty|1395009490|3635469 said:
Thanks all! Much appreciated. My PP strand usually sits in a soft small zippered bag, but I was thinking maybe it should have a soft cloth in there with it. Are pearls sitting on other pearls o.k.?

It's not so good if they're moving around - they can rub and scratch the nacre. I usually roll one strand in a soft cloth if there's going to be another in with it.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Generally pearls sitting on pearls are fine. In support of this assertion I'll point out that in wholesale offices they sit together in huge sacks, 100s of strands at a time, or in plastic tubs by the thousands. At shows they are on display laying around on trays and moved around a lot as we poke around to fine the good ones (you can see some photos of this going on in the Pearlescence blog entries from Hong Kong).
I don't know how other sellers store their pearls but while they are not treated roughly at all each pearl is not wrapped in anything particularly protective when it is in the workshop or storeroom here
If pearls were going to be damaged I think it is pretty certain that we all would be behaving differently
(caveat - a pearl sitting on a clasp set with diamonds might get scratched of course)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I should have clarified that I wrap finished necklaces to prevent them rubbing against the metal clasps. I do this when I'm traveling with them or taking them somewhere.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results