shape
carat
color
clarity

What size pearl bracelet?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying a pearl bracelet from PP and not sure what size to get (1st pearl bracelet purchase). My wrist is approx. 5 3/4 ". The pearls are 9.3 -- 10.9 mm. The bracelet is not complete yet, but with the pearls lined up, it measures 7.5 ". Will this be too loose? I was thinking 7 ", or perhaps smaller :confused: . What do you think?

Thank you!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Did Pearl Paradise tell you that was the length you need? The 9-10mm pearls take up room since the pearls are so large. If you get a shorter length it may not go all around your wrist and be able close.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She didn't say that was the size I needed. She put the colors I was interested in together and said that the length would be 7.5" with the clasp. When I told her what my wrist size was and what length she recommended, she suggested I try on bracelets at a store to see what I was comfortable with. I may still do that today but thought I would ask here, too :)) .

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a necklace created with this size pearls at home? If so it would be easy to measure out 7 inches plus 3/4 inch for the clasp and check.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 7" stretch bracelet with 10mm pearls. Don't think I'd be able to close it with a clasp and I have an average wrist.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
It's surprising how much the MM of the pearls can shorten your strand. I know if I have a strand of 7mm pearls 20 inch it hangs the middle of my chest, 15mm 20 inch just at the collar bones.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the advice, NacreLover and baby monster!

Here is a picture of the bracelet from PP. The pearls are 9.3 to 10.9mm and with the ball clasp it will measure 7.5 inches. Should be done by middle of next week...I'm very excited!

tahitian_bracelet.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty Tahtian bracelet. What color and style of clasp are you getting?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely bracelet! Please post more pictures when you receive it.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you NacreLover! The clasp is the matte white gold ball clasp. I'm not sure if that was the best choice... I was assured that it would not fall off easily but I imagine I will need help getting it on. I'm also getting a 22 inch Tahitian necklace from PP.The strand has silver body color with blue/green and subtle peacock overtone. Luster is very high.

Thank you, baby monster! I'm really excited about it! I hope the fit is going to be ok. I "think" I should have it by end of next week and I will definitely take pictures.

Here are the pics of the Tahitian strand I'm also getting.

08-17-12c.jpg

08-14-12a.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you happy with your bracelet and necklace, BabyNurse? Any pictures for us :Up_to_something: ?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really happy with both!! The necklace is 22 inches and I wear it a lot; it looks great with a lot of my outfits. The bracelet is gorgeous as well. The only drawback is it's too long. I should have asked for 7 inches and will probably get it shortened, though it will be tough to choose which pearl should be removed :)) . I'm not sure if PP would do that-- I don't trust local jewelers not to scratch the pearls.

I will take pictures... I know these posts are kind of useless without them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results