shape
carat
color
clarity

what do u think abt Edison pearls?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In checking the listing, the pearls are described as having very high luster, which makes any small blemish less obvious. Recommend you contact PP directly via phone or chat, as they may have multiple pairs and can best address your concerns. PP is known for their customer service and great quality pearls, which I can attest to, although I don't have any Edisons myself (yet).

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You could ask for a few more photos from all directions and a close up of the surface. I've never really looked into the Edisons before so can't comment on them. I'm going to investigate them while at the HK show in June.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As with any pearl Edison pearl surfaces vary between metallic lustre and so-so and perfect to big flaws. I got a 16mm perfect round white, metallic with rose overtone and no flaws pearl last year and it was very expensive indeed for one pearl.
But quality Edisons are beautiful pearls with high lustre viscous nacre and smooth surface. If you want a big, round natural colour pearl then Edison is for you at the moment.
Mings are coming up fast behind them in quality and are cheaper.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Ming and Edison are the exact same thing only not grown by Grace aren't they?

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2014/04/souffle-pearls-some-things-i-bet-you-didnt-know/
After harvesting this pearl, the farmer now has a mussel with a pearl sac much larger than usual. In this pearl sac he is then able to place a large bead – the pearl sac must be large enough to envelope the entire bead – and grow a large, bead-nucleated pearl. Those large, bead-nucleated pearls go by names such as giant fireballs, ripples, Ming Pearls and Edisons

http://www.ssef.ch/uploads/media/2011_Haenni_Ming_pearls_-_A_new_type_of_cultured_pearl_from_China.pdf

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased these pink with green overtone button shaped Edison pearls from PP last July when we were at PP. Hisano and Jeremy found me a drop pearl Edison for a coordinating pendant. We saw many cards of matched pairs but there were no white when we were there. 4ranchgirl saw these pearls her last trip, you may want to page her or she may answer here if she reads your thread.

trioedisons1_zps8ab74f5d.jpg

trioedisons2_zps7adef86a.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1399721516|3669618 said:
I purchased these pink with green overtone button shaped Edison pearls from PP last July when we were at PP. Hisano and Jeremy found me a drop pearl Edison for a coordinating pendant. We saw many cards of matched pairs but there were no white when we were there. 4ranchgirl saw these pearls her last trip, you may want to page her or she may answer here if she reads your thread.

These are absolutely stunning :lickout:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any Edison pearls but every purchase I have had from PP has been better then I thought. I would contact them with any questions, but overall I would trust PP

concun

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks all. It is Sat :(, hopefully they will get back to me soon so I can use the mother's day promotion as I sent them email just now. Will let u know how it goes.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to hear what you get. I usually wear 12 to 13mm Tahitian or white South Sea studs. I opted to get the dangles using the Eternal diamond settings as I didn't think I could pull off that size studs. I am looking forward to trying some on in July when we are there for the ruckus.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
concun - I have Edisons (not white, though) and love their luster and size. I think you'll be very happy with a pair!

NacreLover - Your earrings and pendant are breathtaking!

concun

Rough_Rock
Trade
I exchanged emails with Jeremy. He sent me pictures but honestly I cant tell how much blemishes there are. I trust his opinion and ordered the earrings, plus matching ring. I will post pix when I receive them.
Btw, I went back to read my old post and notice that I did not post picture of my pearls I got 2 years ago with your help. I will do it this time too :)

concun

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here they are. Sorry that I dont know how to rotate the last pix.

20140521_193321.jpg

20140521_193411.jpg

20140521_193608.jpg

concun

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here r 2 necklaces I got 2 yrs ago with ur help. I love them but rarely wear them.

20140521_194007.jpg

20140521_194125.jpg

20140521_194133.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
concun - Your Edisons are beautiful and I love the size! Great purchase! And I agree - you need to wear your strands more often - they miss you!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
All of your pearls are beautiful! Your new Edisons would look fabulous worn with your strand or rope!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results