shape
carat
color
clarity

What color pearls do you wear usually?

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
As the title say, What color pearls do you like and wear in daily life? As for me, my favorite color is more than one, white, peacock, grey, golden yellow and green. but bright color looks best on me. I am really inspired with pearl overtone. there are so many eye candies to share. thanks a lot! I wear white color pearl strand, round and coin shape. I hope I can afford one as much as like leyhuong's by myself. Chinese people like white round pearl before, now thing has changed among young ladies who gradually accept more colors and shapes. I think it owes much to economic globalization. Thanks for your coming to China.
Well, what about you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seldom wear necklaces on a daily basis due to the work uniform being a polo shirt which I consider to be too casual for necklaces.

I rotate a pair of black Tahitians and a pair of white CFWPs as part of my earring wardrobe with other stud earrings.

DK :))

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
love_paradise - I wear my natural white Hanadama studs the most these days but in terms of what I like the most I'd have to say copper Tahitians! Oh and my white and gold SS strand - I just don't wear it enough.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a variety of colors and my favorites are whites FW or SS, Tahitian with blue or peacock overtones. Mainly classic looking pearls on workdays. This may sound strange but I try to look more mature at work :-o

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to rotate the strands with the seasons. Darker tahitians get worn more in fall/winter. Lighter tahitians and multicolored fwps get worn more in warmer months. Whites are seasonless. It's nice to have variety :twirl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I adore most pink/lavender/purple pearls. After them comes white and other colours.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like to wear my green peacock Tahitians, my lavender freshwater, and my light golden South Seas a lot. My aubergine Tahitians go well with my winter wardrobe, but I wear them less in the summer. I'm less of a fan of round white pearls, preferring the more "interesting" colors and shapes. I find the big metallic souffle pearls fascinating. I'm wearing one as a bracelet right now.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My faves are my natural colours strand of edisons which I picked out undrilled pearl by undrilled pearl one afternoon in HK and a natural colours souffle stud pair of earrings.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Because my hair is silver-white, I tend to go for color in pearls, LOVE pondslime with purple/bronze overtones, Tahitians, Kamoka keshi, lavender gray ripples~

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1402081707|3688007 said:
Because my hair is silver-white, I tend to go for color in pearls, LOVE pondslime with purple/bronze overtones, Tahitians, Kamoka keshi, lavender gray ripples~

How did I forgot pondslimes?! They are my top too; just look at my Hornets :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I like, and wear, all colors but peaches (which blend with my skin too much, I think).

My favorite shapes are crazy fireballs and souffles. I do own many round strands too, though. Metallic sharp luster is what I like best.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I adore classic white Freshwaters. I switch between my 16" 54" and 100" strand daily. I have another that I wear frequently which is a Freshwater Peach Strand.

I also (hides head) bought 2 Groupon strands. they were 100" fresh waters, and one in white and one in black (looks dyed) they are pitted, and rippled, and not high quality, but they are ohsofun to wear when I am going someplace super casual. Also I am fearful of tying my 100 fresh strand in a knot (although I LOVE that look) so with these 2 strands I have no fear, they get slung, tied wrapped, you name it!

But usually I wear the white, so mostly I wear white!

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
pkinnew|1402061592|3687731 said:
love_paradise - I wear my natural white Hanadama studs the most these days but in terms of what I like the most I'd have to say copper Tahitians! Oh and my white and gold SS strand - I just don't wear it enough.
pkinnew, what kind of pearl is Hanadama pearl? I know it is a brand name of pearls because I learned about it here. Is it freshwater pearl or sea water pearl? or south sea pearl? Thanks so much!

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
baby monster|1402062779|3687749 said:
I tend to rotate the strands with the seasons. Darker tahitians get worn more in fall/winter. Lighter tahitians and multicolored fwps get worn more in warmer months. Whites are seasonless. It's nice to have variety :twirl:
Baby monster, I couldn't agree with you more. Jewelry things should be rotated with seasons, its color and style should be come with our clothing.Also, one certain color looks on you. it is colors that beautify our life.

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl|1402066123|3687801 said:
I like to wear my green peacock Tahitians, my lavender freshwater, and my light golden South Seas a lot. My aubergine Tahitians go well with my winter wardrobe, but I wear them less in the summer. I'm less of a fan of round white pearls, preferring the more "interesting" colors and shapes. I find the big metallic souffle pearls fascinating. I'm wearing one as a bracelet right now.
Hi, Fly Girl, I couldn't agree with you more. jewelry things should be rotated with seasons, and its color and style should come with our clothing. one kind of color suits on you.peacock Tahitian is one color in my heart. I am very interested in unordinary color(metallic ones) and shape pearls.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hanadama is the name PP uses for it's best Akoya pearls. These pearls go through lab testing and certificiation at the Pearl Science Laboratory of Japan where they are given the "hanadama" highest grade. They generally have thicker nacre and the surface, color and luster are amazing. I have the studs and also a natural white large strand. They are very classic pearls and I love them!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1402342330|3689589 said:
Hanadama is the name PP uses for it's best Akoya pearls. These pearls go through lab testing and certificiation at the Pearl Science Laboratory of Japan where they are given the "hanadama" highest grade. They generally have thicker nacre and the surface, color and luster are amazing. I have the studs and also a natural white large strand. They are very classic pearls and I love them!

are they as pretty as the pictures. I have been dying for some Hanadama studs!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - Yes the Hanadamas are as beautiful as the pictures - even more so! I wear them a few times a week just because they're simple and classic! Hope you get a pair!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
This question is very, very hard for me to answer. If it is in my collection I love it. I can say I lean towards Tahitians and can't stop collecting strands in fact I have two more on order from PP's new stash of peacocks. So I can say the one color I do not wear is peach but all others have specific outfits that have been bought to wear with them.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I just have a small pearl collection now. My primary pearls are my white/rose Akoya strands and earrings. I also have a dark Tahitian pendant and earrings. So, white is the color I wear most often, with some occasional "black." Thanks to all the gorgeous pictures here, I am now craving some colored pearls: blue Akoya, different shades of Tahitians, lavender FW.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1403543454|3699270 said:
ckrickett - Yes the Hanadamas are as beautiful as the pictures - even more so! I wear them a few times a week just because they're simple and classic! Hope you get a pair!

Me too, But I have to wait. I have to dive into my Kamoka Piggybank for a wedding project. I am going to revamp my grandmothers old akoya strand. Either a Torasada or a scattered/tin cup style necklace. I should be working with Hisano on it. Which is exciting.

They are a graduated strand and the largest is like 7mm so it is very petite. Since I have so many strands similar I tend to go for those and not this strand, so I figured I could reincarnate it into something fabulous, and wear it at my upcoming wedding. After That I may purchase some Hanadamas! (A;though the studs were part of my birthday wish list my parents asked me to make. so maybe I will get them then! ::) :) )

krispearl02.jpg
here is an old shot of them!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
In the summer I pretty much always wear my Tahitians or wSS, but the rest of the year I wear my white pearls which include freshies, wSS, and akoya.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing my PP metallics most often of all my pearls this year. They look much better IRL. Difficult to get a pic that shows their true colors and lustre.

_19839.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
My absolute favorite are the natural blue akoyas from vietnam, but a close second would be either lavender freshies or the greenish pink tahitians. I do enjoy the classic white pearls as well, but they tend to be more formal IMO.

the only color I haven't been enamored of are the yellowish and peach colored pearls as I think they're too close to my skintone.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have whites, creams, black and gray Tahitians, and a yellowy creamy akoya strand. Strands, pendants, rings, studs, etc.
I go through phases, right now I like the creamy colors. I have to wear a polo shirt to work, but that doesnt stop me from piling on the pearls. I don't care if anyone thinks they don't go with my polo shirt! I wear my fine jewelry to work, every day!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - I can't wait to see what the two of you come up with!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results