carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1441890195|3926039 said:
Beautiful pearls, Zestfully Bling. I notice that the wire hooks on your earrings are splayed open. A number of us have found that we need to squeeze them a bit more closed, which will keep your earrings more secure when you lean forward. For some reason, they seem to come from the vendor with the hooks spread open.

Thank you!!!

Great tip. I was wondering these wire hooks. Kinda cumbersome. lol

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so welcoming!!! Thank you for the compliments ladies!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I had gotten a few inexpensive strands of mauve pearls in various baroque and pillowy shapes. most where pretty throwaway, but there were some nice ones, and then there was this one. This little lustery metallic ball is so intense in all lights. It was so pretty and special (considering a 15" strand of pearls cost me a dollar) that I wanted to make it into a little pendant. so I paired it with a little moon charm in oxidized silver and diamonds, its a very pretty little pendant I love it.

fullsizerender_105.jpg

fullsizerender_2_12.jpg

fullsizerender_1_32.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett, beautiful, it GLOWS!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That's a wonderful pearl...and it looks fantastic paired with that charm!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! I love it paired with the moon charm. :clap:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearl ckrickett! I admire your pearl collection!! You have a great eye!! :))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My DH snapped this at the restaurant tonight. I'm wearing my goldens...golden stud pearls, golden bracelet, and three strands of golden pearls. All strands from Pearl Paradise. The two longer strands (19" and 21") are my light free form goldens and the shortest strand (18") is my new dark golden drop strand.

I love how they all play nicely together. :sun:

tripleplay_0593.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous in Goldens Red :))) They do all look great together!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG Fly Girl, I Love those golden, especially paired with that top, it almost transforms them into glowing orbs! Lovely!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ckrickett, I just LOVE your Phases of the Moon pendant!

FlyGirl, You and the Goldens look stunning :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
my simple little BBA bar necklace today.

fullsizerender-101.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Omg all of these pearls look fabulous!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My newest creation: img_2573.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, I love those sapphires with the Tahitians! Pearls in the ocean. :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Tucs, you look so elegant in your silver-blue baroque Akoya strand and earrings with your sheer-topped white blouse.

ZestfullyBling, your glowing pink pearl drop earrings and pendant have an elegant simplicity, but they are far from plain!

Ckrickett, I love your glowing pearl and moon pendant. My daughter made me stop scrolling so she could get a better look – she loves it too! Your BBA bar pendant looks perfect for Summer.

Fly Girl, you look fabulous be-decked in your golden pearls! They work very well with the color of your blouse. (I just bought a similar color top to try with my goldens.)

Pirard, I love your latest creation! What size are the pearls and the rondelles? They look very nicely proportioned.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My new tin cup img_2593.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love that Tin Cup Pirard! You did a beautiful job!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
so for my petite strand I have 1/2 the pearls for my rope, and I haven't figured out what clasp (clasps) I want for it yet, but I decided to string it temporarily so I can wear it. and when I order the rest of the pearls from Jac I will restring it with the permanent clasps.

so for a little temp necklace it is pretty fun. I will be more deliberate with placing colors and shapes when I do it for its permanent strand.

I am having fun wearing it today!

img_1996_0.jpg

fullsizerender_106.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1442331585|3928028 said:
so for my petite strand I have 1/2 the pearls for my rope, and I haven't figured out what clasp (clasps) I want for it yet, but I decided to string it temporarily so I can wear it. and when I order the rest of the pearls from Jac I will restring it with the permanent clasps.

so for a little temp necklace it is pretty fun. I will be more deliberate with placing colors and shapes when I do it for its permanent strand.

img_1996_0.jpg

fullsizerender_106.jpg

That's very pretty! I like the look of all the different colors together. Is it called a petite strand because of the size of the pearls? How many more will you be adding?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those colors are magnificent! I would have a difficult time wearing that necklace while working...or driving...or doing anything else...too distracting! I especially like that bright electric green pearl, with the rings, on the right of center.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1442253231|3927648 said:
Pirard, I love your latest creation! What size are the pearls and the rondelles? They look very nicely proportioned.

Kay, the pearls are all 8-9mm ovals and the sapphire rondelles are 3.5-4 mm.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1442109364|3927049 said:
Pirard, I love those sapphires with the Tahitians! Pearls in the ocean. :appl:
Thanks! I really am loving this piece. I purchased the 4 row necklace on an impulse, and I love how it turned out.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1442360276|3928176 said:
Those colors are magnificent! I would have a difficult time wearing that necklace while working...or driving...or doing anything else...too distracting! I especially like that bright electric green pearl, with the rings, on the right of center.

I Love the colors! That green and the little green round one near it are my favorites

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten|1442358578|3928167 said:
ckrickett|1442331585|3928028 said:

img_1996_0.jpg

fullsizerender_106.jpg

That's very pretty! I like the look of all the different colors together. Is it called a petite strand because of the size of the pearls? How many more will you be adding?

Yeah, I have been calling it petite because the pearls are 7 mm - 8mm. I originally just wanted 7mm, but they are VERY hard to find, so 7-8 is what I have.

this necklace is about 20 inches, I want at least 42 for the full (I was hoping for 54). I will probably have it as 2 separate strands that work together, so I am looking for nice clasps that would be decorative, and work nice with the small size.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Oh, so cute, Crickett! I personally love smaller pearls with long ropes. I am saving for a 50" inch myself but only with 9-10mm.
Is this going to be your petite harvest rope once it's done?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Bailey1856|1442367819|3928230 said:
Oh, so cute, Crickett! I personally love smaller pearls with long ropes. I am saving for a 50" inch myself but only with 9-10mm.
Is this going to be your petite harvest rope once it's done?

Nope, my harvest rope is another project. Its at PP right now getting strung. i need to pick out clasps for it though.

harvest_strand_-_kristin_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
today is my scattered tin cup

img_2049.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is another tin cup, this little keshi with sterling. I want to redo it, but that will happen another day.

fullsizerender-106.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saturday night was a neck full of Tahitians. No one asked me if they were ironic, so I figure they looked ok. This was a 20 inch strand n the inside, with 2 18-inch strands connected with my bracelet and doubled for the longer 2 strands. I need a pearl shortener though as I found this slid around on me a bit.

_34539.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results