carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
enbcfsobe|1432153861|3879233 said:
thanks so much ckrickett! i love the look of the tincup worn long!
for my project, i was amazed at the difference between the beader's secret and the cruddy silk thread (bought from a sewing store) that I was using to practice. it took a fraction of the time!

Well done on your knotting !! I'd hate to show you my early attempts ... shudder.... And the Beaders Secret is great isn't it...those knots just slide down ! I love it...and all the great colours ! :appl:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1432162992|3879319 said:
The book is better then the movie, but the movie is very whimsical, and i ADORE the costumes!
agreed on both counts! i have read a lot of fantasy but hadn't read neil gaiman before. it opened up a whole new reading list for me. :read:

katbran -- thanks so much for your kind words! i didn't show my first efforts with the silk thread (almost instant stretching!). the right materials, coupled with great instructions/videos, made everything a lot easier, faster, and neater! now i want to take apart every beaded necklace I own and knot them all up with a rainbow of colors!! or just buy more pearls.... :Up_to_something:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
dug up these 14K YG pearl dangle earrings, which i think i found at Ross about 10 years ago. they actually aren't bad -- they are quite round and have a decent luster (to my eye, which after a trip to the bead store has a better idea of what lower luster pearls look like!). i assume they are freshwater.

img_4832_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
enbcfsobe|1432220197|3879616 said:
ckrickett|1432162992|3879319 said:
The book is better then the movie, but the movie is very whimsical, and i ADORE the costumes!
agreed on both counts! i have read a lot of fantasy but hadn't read neil gaiman before. it opened up a whole new reading list for me. :read:

I Love Neil Gaiman's writing. also I like your FW dangles! cute find

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
today are my PP baby ripples from their Mothers Day sale.

fullsizerender-60.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely Ckrickett ! Very wearable strand :appl:

I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan ... I've read all the novels...though none of the comics :shhh: . American Gods is amazing ...

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
enbcfsobe|1432300852|3880028 said:
dug up these 14K YG pearl dangle earrings, which i think i found at Ross about 10 years ago. they actually aren't bad -- they are quite round and have a decent luster (to my eye, which after a trip to the bead store has a better idea of what lower luster pearls look like!). i assume they are freshwater.

img_4832_0.jpg

These are so classic! I have some quite similar I must find and wear!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
enbcfsobe - your earrings are lovely, I like that the settings are substantial.

ckrickett - I love those ripples on you!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Today, PP baroque Tahitian tin cup, together with round Tahitian dangle earrings.

2015-05-25_14.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the lovely photos everyone!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Can't beat a nice tin cup necklace ! They are so wearable :appl: Very pretty !!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
love that tahitian tin cup!!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Katbran and enbcfsobe! It truly is very wearable. It goes with everything and it can be dressed up or down. I'm so happy with it.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs, that tin cup is lovely.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs, what size are the tahitians on your tincup? i'm thinking about a project like this as a gift but not sure what size pearls to look for. i like the proportions of yours a lot.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pirard! Coming from someone with an exquisite Kamoka Tahitian tin cup, I feel flattered :D

Thanks Enbcfsobe, some of the pearls are 9-10mm and some are 10-11mm.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs, flattery will get you everywhere! I am wearing my Kamoka tin cup today...with a navy linen top. Love how tahitians go with EVERYTHING!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love that Tucs!!!!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ckrickett!!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs|1432602224|3881104 said:
Today, PP baroque Tahitian tin cup, together with round Tahitian dangle earrings.

The tin cup looks fantastic on you Tucs! What a great piece! Definitely need a baroque Tahitian tin cup on my wish list...

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your kind words, EvangelineG. You should get one, too -- I got mine at the last PP Black Friday sale.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have a five-pearl Tahitian tin cup from PP. I wear it A LOT. If you consider cost-per-wear, it's a great investment.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ennui I love your justification: cost per wear!! I'm going to use that as my guide for purchasing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, cost-per-wear is a justification for getting exactly what you want.

At the last ruckus, I purchased two strands of stunning Tahitians rounds, then cherry picked out 15 of them for a bracelet. I wear this bracelet nearly every day. I love looking at it, and it goes with everything. When I consider how much money I have saved in not needing to buy more bracelets, it is well worth the cost. :saint: :bigsmile:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite movie line, "it costs money, it costs money because it saves money." Cosmo Castorini

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this cost per wear reasoning. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1432830624|3882272 said:
Absolutely, cost-per-wear is a justification for getting exactly what you want.

It will also stop you from buying something expensive that will sit in the drawer waiting for a special occasion. :naughty:

Btw, I learned this CPW rationale from (dearly departed) Barry Ort from Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Cost Per wear is the reason why I spend SO much on purses. I only have 2 ones that I wear all the time, and they cost me a fortune, BUT I have bought other ones that look similar and the leather wore out and the lining ripped, and they were awful!!!!

I feel the same way about jewelry items I wear.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
PP baroque Tahitians.

img_8160.jpg

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
wow,Tucs!! So gorgeous on you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results