shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Pkkinew- I think you could as easily go either way, long and tucked in behind the "cowl" as in your pics, or a short strand that lies above it.

@Confection- Love your black freshies! I have a black freshwater rope that I just love in the wintertime too. :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pkinnew: I might not go short. The cowl should put enough visual interest around your face, and I'd be inclined to go long if you were to do anything. Or I might skip a strand altogether ( :-o ) and just so some really fancy-schmancy earrings. Maybe some big dangly ones. With a coordinating ring of course.

FlyGirl: I have thought it every single time I have opened this thread, but I realized that I haven't said how much I like your pendant. I love how the toggle closes the chain, and the goldwork is beautiful.

I'm wearing my metallics again today (with a purple suit jacket...I've gone wild). My assistant thinks that maybe white round pearls might be a bit conservative for me, even though she thinks that this strand might be saved from this a little bit by being larger in size and off-round. Maybe I just need to pair it with larger non-matchy earrings. I am wearing small gold hoops today, but I should probably go larger.

Me at my desk, surfing here when I should be working on reports:

neck_small_purple_jacket.jpg

neck_and_earrings_small_purple_jacket.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew -- A short dramatic necklace would look great with that luscious cowl! But long or short would work well, in my opinion.

Let us know what you decide.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm with cmd on this one...that cowl is lovely but I'd go for some killer earrings/ring etc. There's a lot up around your neck and I don't know that a short necklace would add much. But then I need to see things to know for sure...I don't visualize all that well lol

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your cowl feedback! If I get it I will try it on with my white metallic rope and see what it looks like otherwise I like the idea of killer earrings. I have large (15-16mm) WSS drops on PP's Eternal setting that I don't wear that often that just might make the outfit!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Beautiful black fw's - sleek and sassy!

cmd2014 - You are a bad girl, posting at work. No one else does that here lol!?!?! Pretty metallics!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
For a cowl neckline, I like bold earrings and a brooch.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin and pkinnew, thank you! These are very funny and colourful blacks IRL. Just couldn't catch the colour well :wavey:

Today blue akoyas

_24428.jpg

_24429.jpg

_24430.jpg

_24431.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014, Your look is so classy and timeless. Lovely! Thanks for being bad pearl lover :D and sharing Your pics.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
confection, do you mean blues (not blacks)?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd2014, those metallics look really pretty on you. I got a similar strand from Pure Pearls last month that's quite similar, and I love how versatile it is.

Confection those blue Akoyas are beautiful.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful blues Confection!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1416516397|3787475 said:
cmd2014, Your look is so classy and timeless. Lovely! Thanks for being bad pearl lover :D and sharing Your pics.

It's a good thing I am able to close my office door! :bigsmile:

I love lunchtimes with all of you here!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1416517763|3787494 said:
confection, do you mean blues (not blacks)?

My blacks are very colourful IRL, not akoyas so much. They are soft silver/pale blue/pale pink

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
PP October sale ripples today

_24457.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection: love your blue akoyas! So classic and such beautiful luster and colour!

Tucs: the ripples are great on you! I really like how your double strand turned out!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By accident I am going super classic today! Frostme had suggested to me that I could take my small sized metallic rope from the PP July sale and use it in a toursade (or should I say tornado) with my new 8.5-9 mm PP metallics. Well, while I was doing that, here's what I discovered (so of course I chose my outfit and makeup to match). I am a FANCY girl today!!! :bigsmile:

Dress alone:

With jacket for work:

fullsizerender__3_0.jpg

triple_neck_and_earrings.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely blue akoyas and ripples!

And CMD, wow, classic elegance there!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd -- OMG!!! I adore that triple look you created and I must have one like that!!! Small, large, small. Fabulous!!!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
CMD, wow :love: .but how did you manage to secure the strands and keep them in place?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
OMG cmd2014, Your your triple styling beautiful …well Coco Chanel would approve, and I LOVE the mix. Very chic …you look beautiful!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC|1416620144|3788293 said:
CMD, wow :love: .but how did you manage to secure the strands and keep them in place?

Nothing! I just doubled the strand and when I saw that it was about the right length, I moved it into place on either side of my large strand, and it pretty much stayed like that all day. It was a happy accident that the small rope was pretty much the right length to go on either side. It was just crossed over at the back. I only had to readjust once.

I have to admit that I like it enough I'm half tempted to have it restrung that way as a triple because I liked it so much, but since it stayed ok, I guess it's more flexible as two separate pieces. It was Frost Me's idea, as I had said that I was feeling that my strand on its own was not really doing it for me the other day, and she suggested using my small rope as a toursade with it. This is mainly a happy accident as I'm not super talented at twisting. It's probably a bit too dressy for work, but I'm excited about going fancy with it. Now I just have to convince DH to take me to a Downton Abby-esque outing. Yeah, like that's going to happen. Hee!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
CMD, I can't even tell you how much I love that impromptu triple with the smaller pearls flanking the larger! :appl: Beautiful.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Your blue Akoyas are absolutely amazing! Perfect shape, luster and color! You look so cool and classy in them - everyone take a step back lol!

Tucs - Your ripples just glow!

cmd2014 - Ok, another outstanding triple combination! You really all must stop this - my pearl envy is showing!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
It's amazing how the weather has changed in just a few days - from below freezing to the 70's! From cowl necks to cotton shirts! Today I'm wearing my PP Y necklace, my new Pearls of Joy fancy copper metallic ring and Edison drop earrings.

_24514.jpg

_24515.jpg

_24516.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew -- I LOVE your combination. Very very pretty! Can you tell us more about your PP Y necklace. Do you have a thread on it?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
The earrings...

_24517.jpg

_24518.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the pearls you're wearing, pkinnew. So unique and beautiful! I've got so many baroques, I find myself really drawn to rounds lately.

This is the Tahitian rope I got at the PP Ruckus.

_24544.jpg

_24545.jpg

pptahitiansmagenta.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This rope wows me every time I see it. Truly, like Christmas tree ornaments. Such an exquisite piece!

Enjoy and wear in health. Tis the season!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1416587910|3787987 said:
By accident I am going super classic today! Frostme had suggested to me that I could take my small sized metallic rope from the PP July sale and use it in a toursade (or should I say tornado) with my new 8.5-9 mm PP metallics. Well, while I was doing that, here's what I discovered (so of course I chose my outfit and makeup to match). I am a FANCY girl today!!! :bigsmile:

Dress alone:

With jacket for work:

You look elegant! (from what I can see... :appl: ) Well done.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results