shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
everyone looks great in their pearls! YC, your daughter is adorable!

I'm in a small white ripple rope from catherine cardinelli today.
no neck shot but here's a picture from cc's website and the description

white_ripples.jpg

Description: Little ripples, bead nucleated freshwater pearls, stunning natural silvery colour with wonderful lustre. Rounded in shape.
Strung on powerpro and knotted.
Photos are taken in daylight, so the colours should be fairly true to life when you wear them in indirect daylight.
Grade: AAA
Pearl Size: 9.7mm down to 8.8mm at clasp.
Length: 34 inches (86.36cm)
Clasp: Handmade rolled yellow gold hook and eye.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, how do you feel about the size of your WSS drops? I have asked for WSS drops to wear with my new WSS strand and want to go as big as I can without the weight being too much. My round WSS are 12mm to 14.5mm so the proportions have to work, too.

My "Mikeyy's suitcase" WSS pendant has the kind of bale where if the chain isn't thick enough, the pearl flops on its side. You're lucky because you can wear yours with any sized chain.

My magnificent "jewel of the week" fireball pendant has not been named. It looks like a goldfish -- but that doesn't seem like a regal enough name for Hisano's custom design.

Ladies, really beautiful pearls today!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Kay|1410547133|3749823 said:
Bailey, those are gorgeous goldens, especially the bi-color.

Bsomlo, the color and neckline of your dress frames the Fire Goddess very well. She is looking fierce and fabulous, as always. Does your larger fireball with the asymmetrical pearls on the chain have a name? I like the grape clusters -- I don't think I've seen those before.

Ckrickett, I love your beautiful tin cup paired with your first pearl – so sweet.

Thank you Kay. The bi-color is very special to me-it's like having a WSS and GSS at the same time :D

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Bailey, your bi-color pendant turned out beautifully. Having a WSS and GSS in one pearl is very cool.

Mapo, lovely ripples. I really love your modern spike necklace.

Bsomlo, your fireball really does have a long fish tail. I put a fireball with a long dramatic tail on the PP Hong Kong wish list, along with a couple other items.

I find the 11-12 mm drops to be a very comfortable size to wear – I don’t notice the weight. They are not huge, but large enough to be noticeable. The strand I bought them to go with is 10-14 mm. I’m also comfortable with 12-13 mm -- I can feel them a little, but they are not uncomfortable. I tried on a 13-14 mm pair in the eternal setting at PP, and I felt like they drug my earlobe down a little. I don’t know if I would have had the same issue with a different setting.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410552094|3749907 said:
Kay, how do you feel about the size of your WSS drops? I have asked for WSS drops to wear with my new WSS strand and want to go as big as I can without the weight being too much. My round WSS are 12mm to 14.5mm so the proportions have to work, too.

My "Mikeyy's suitcase" WSS pendant has the kind of bale where if the chain isn't thick enough, the pearl flops on its side. You're lucky because you can wear yours with any sized chain.

My magnificent "jewel of the week" fireball pendant has not been named. It looks like a goldfish -- but that doesn't seem like a regal enough name for Hisano's custom design.

Ladies, really beautiful pearls today!

How about golden koi?

But seriously I can't wait to see neck shots of that beauty!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett -- I think Kay was asking if my jewel of the week fireball pendant has a name, not the one that's coming. Kay wrote:

"Bsomlo, Does your larger fireball with the asymmetrical pearls on the chain have a name?"

Somehow, it never was named by me. It either happens organically or it doesn't. Just like we feel if our pearl is male or female or neither. Fire Goddess is a strong female. I love her.

pp_fireball_with_6_akoyas_2.jpg

pp_9.jpg

fire_goddess_completed.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1410514249|3749585 said:
YC|1410513068|3749581 said:
My little girl wore my T keshi a few days ago and surprisingly kept them on for the entire outing. She loves and frequently asks to try on "mama's beads and necklaces". She is learning fast :naughty:

She looks adorable! How old is she?

Thanks Kay, Bsomio and mapo. She is currently 5 and I think very cute too (but I am biased, I admit) :halo:

Kay and baby nurse, mikeyy suitcase pearls are beautiful. Bsomio, can we see yours too?

Mapo, the ripples are metallic. I am sure they look great on you.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mapo, I admired those ripples on Cathy's site. Please take a neck pic!! I'd love to see them on.

Bsomlo, your pendants are works of art!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Today I wore my white South Sea pieces but mixed in three different designers. I think the white pearls really pop against my blue outfit.

today_8884.jpg

today_8891.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls everyone!

Today I have my SoC mabe pendant (and in pjs again...) :???:
Feel almost jealous that everyone has great outfits to frame their pearls.

Yc: She looks adorable. N excellent taste at a tender age too. :appl:

image_2309.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- that looks wonderful on you!!! Enjoy and wear in health.

When you get a chance, can we see close-ups of the SOC mabe?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- I love trios like that. There is a theme but they're all different. A very pleasing combo!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade, the bee pendant is gorgeous!! Great size and lovely pearl-- well done.

Fly Girl, I really like the WSS against the blue.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC|1410513068|3749581 said:
My little girl wore my T keshi a few days ago and surprisingly kept them on for the entire outing. She loves and frequently asks to try on "mama's beads and necklaces". She is learning fast :naughty:

YC, this picture of your little girl wearing your keshi is precious!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Today, pearl/peridot set from Mimi (http://www.mimimilano.com/):

The earrings weighed in at .28 ounces together and verge on too heavy. I don't wear them often.

neck_6.jpg

_22314.jpg

ear_shot_10.jpg

ear_shot_11.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, that Navy top and White pearls trio outfit is lovely; your keshi SS earrings are some of my favorites :)

Bsomlo, I thought of you when I saw that golden SS/golden sapphire ring this morning ... This Mimi pearl/peridot set is stunning; so unusual. I have a vintage circle pin, tiny gold flowers with little pearl centers and deep green peridot (or possibly green garnet or tourmaline) "leaves". If your earrings are too heavy to wear often ... maybe heresy, but ... looks to me like you could have them separated into 2 pair of earrings; top large flower as one, bottom pearl flower and peridot drop as another, or move the peridot drop to the top flower, and have the second pair be just the smaller all pearl flower ... feel free to click "ignore me" anytime LOL ...

mapo

Shiny_Rock
baby nurse|1410574788|3750141 said:
Mapo, I admired those ripples on Cathy's site. Please take a neck pic!! I'd love to see them on.

Here you go!

I like wearing it doubled over a single rope.
img_5905.jpg

Also, I tried doing the gellmer mermaid look.
img_5907.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1410633649|3750423 said:
FlyGirl, that Navy top and White pearls trio outfit is lovely; your keshi SS earrings are some of my favorites :)

Bsomlo, I thought of you when I saw that golden SS/golden sapphire ring this morning ... This Mimi pearl/peridot set is stunning; so unusual. I have a vintage circle pin, tiny gold flowers with little pearl centers and deep green peridot (or possibly green garnet or tourmaline) "leaves". If your earrings are too heavy to wear often ... maybe heresy, but ... looks to me like you could have them separated into 2 pair of earrings; top large flower as one, bottom pearl flower and peridot drop as another, or move the peridot drop to the top flower, and have the second pair be just the smaller all pearl flower ... feel free to click "ignore me" anytime LOL ...

CRD -- you clever girl. I never thought of those options. I think I'll leave them as is for now -- but something I could do later. The little pearls flower could even become studs down the line...

mapo -- Oooh, I love the lariat style. Is it chokey?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mapo|1410643692|3750503 said:

Here you go!

img_5905.jpg

img_5907.jpg

Mapo-- thank you for following through! I love both looks with the striped top! They seem to have a nice luster and look round.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My first ever souffles today, a PP double strand twisted. It looks like a souffle wreath. Very light and comfy despite the big presence (that's why I adore souffles!). Paired with POJ dove metallic keshi dangles that look very similar:

double_souffles_twisted.jpg

poj_dove_metallic_keshi_ear_shot_1.jpg

ear_shot_12.jpg

_22349.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I am in Hong Kong for the jewellery fair! Off to do some pearl purchasing this morning, and plan to spend some quality time at Andy Muller looking at his lush Tahitians! In honor of that I am wearing my Tahitian Viva strand!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1410748601.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pearls, misskittycat! Have a good time!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
This is my Monday morning treat - seeing all of the pearls out there being worn by fantastic pearl-loving women!

Bailey1856 - I love golden SS's and your look so good on you! Classic elegance!

bsomlo - Thanks for sharing part of your incredible collection! I've always lusted after those grape cluster earrings!!! Your Mimi set is a piece of art and your first souffles are dreamy clouds of luster. Wow!

ckrickett - I love the paring of the tin cup and Akoya and diamond necklace. Great story! I wish I had pearls at that age (well maybe not, I was a tom boy growing up and who knows what would have happend to them lol)!

Kay - That's a gorgeous white SS pendant!

icy jade - I agree - let's so close ups of your SoC!

mapo - Wonderful rope and great job styling it! Love the versatility of the clasp!

misskittycat - You sure know how to dress for pearl shopping!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, your twisted double strand of souffles absolutely glows on you!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Some close ups :)

image_2322.jpg

image_2321.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1410464715|3749202 said:
Mapo, I love the modern feel of that spike necklace!

Bsomlo, Your short tin cup is so lovely! And the white fireball pendant looks great with that blue dress!

This is my GSS pendant, gleaned from Mikeyy's suitcase at the PP Ruckus :))

Babynurse love the GSS drop, it looks very modern, current not your grandmothers pearls. Did PP set it for you?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1410748604|3751065 said:
I am in Hong Kong for the jewellery fair! Off to do some pearl purchasing this morning, and plan to spend some quality time at Andy Muller looking at his lush Tahitians! In honor of that I am wearing my Tahitian Viva strand!

misskittycat You look lovely and ready to shop with that power strand. Take a few pictures of the show if you can!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
mapo|1410643692|3750503 said:

Here you go!

img_5905.jpg

img_5907.jpg

mapo, I am loving these so much, they look very white, any overtones, and what is the size of the pearl?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results