shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting for a response from PP- how long?

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys. I am thinking about getting a freshadama bracelet from PP.
I e-mailed them and am still waiting for a response...

For those who have e-mailed them, about how long have you waited to receive a response?

I am excited to eventually have a nice pearl piece and I will post them when I get them. :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
They are open 9 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday Pacific time, closed Saturday and Sunday. So if you just emailed them it will be Monday or Tuesday before you hear from them.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Agneau!

In my experience, they answer their live chat immediately Monday through Friday PST. The button is green when they are available (top right corner of the homepage).

They don't answer emails over the weekend, and if it's not urgent may not answer for a couple of days.

I would suggest live chatting with them starting Monday at 9 AM PST, if you don't want to call directly.

Until then, you can peruse and obsess over the website!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I once contacted PP via email and did not receive a response for two weeks. When I sent another email to check they said that my first email had been accidentally overlooked. Calling or re-emailing if you haven't heard for a week might be better.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I e-mailed them on..... Thursday. It would have been in the morning right when they opened for the day if I am doing my time-math right.

Bsomlo,
I should have done the live chat! Now I will have to wait *patientlyyyy* all weekend.

Until then, shall we talk about them?
I am thinking about the lavender freshadamas. I am a little worried about getting a good pick the first time, though.

And I have no idea what overtones lavender pearls usually have to choose from (that was one of my questions to them).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You're funny! Sure, let's talk about them!

I bought a triple strand necklace of 7.5 to 8 mm lavenders in AAA -- not freshadama, from PP last month.

They are quite dark lavender and show grey, pink, silver and even brown in certain lights in certain pearls. I fell in love with them Day #2 -- Day #1 I thought I would send them back. So I would say definitely sit and visit with your new pearls. Get to know each other. What you see in your mind's eye is not necessarily what you get in real life. But if you have an open mind, meaning you can love something a little different from what you anticipated -- you can end up very charmed and happy.

Search through this forum regarding "freshadama" and people's expectations and experiences. It's very interesting.

But ultimately, either you groove to your pearls or you don't. It's super personal. And it takes a little time to know sometimes. Wear them. Look at them in different light. (Some even claim they change colors as they warm up -- which, call me crazy, I think is true with lavenders.)

lavender_triple_strand_pearl_necklace_on_0.jpg

neck_shot_of_lavender_pearls_with_birthday_tanzanite_0.jpg

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I wasn't expecting you to pull out a strand of lavender pearls. :)
Thanks for the pictures. I feel like I can tell the different overtones in your strand(s). I am drawn to the ones with silver/grey overtones.

I am not normally a purple gal, but there are certain things that change my mind for an instance. Lavender pearls are one of those times. I can't believe they can be naturally that color. If I had my perfect way I would want lavender with silver-blue overtones (if that even exists).

I know what you mean about sitting with them. I have to do that with gemstones (I reside mostly on the colored-stones side of PS). Since I am just dipping my toes into this pearl thing, I do worry that I won't know whether or not it can be better. But I will try to save that worry until I get them.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the forum. I hope you will love your new strand after your order it. I usually buy the best quality I can afford and the largest second. Many women find after they start buying large pearls, they don't go back to buying the little ones often. PS they are as addictive as potato chips but not fattening.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the forum. I hope you will love your new strand after your order it. I usually buy the best quality I can afford and the largest second. Many women find after they start buying large pearls, they don't go back to buying the little ones often. PS they are as addictive as potato chips but not fattening.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
As a matter of fact, they are thinning -- TO THE WALLET, that is!!!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover|1370697764|3461472 said:

Thanks Nacrelover.
I like your advice about buying the best quality first and the largest second. I think I am going to go for the 7.5-8mm... it's a little bit of a stretch for me financially, but I think I would be happier with that size rather than the 6.5-7mm.

I wish I could afford the 8.5-9mm size... but what's with the significant price jump when you get to the 8.5-9mm? It more than doubles the 7.5-8mm price!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1370698992|3461485 said:
As a matter of fact, they are thinning -- TO THE WALLET, that is!!!

Hahaha, one of the only things we actually don't want to be thin.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I will for sure. I'm just stuck in decision mode right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results