shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Seed Pearl Necklace. Expert needed!

brian9955

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I purchased a really nice pearl necklace, which is approximately 16 inches long and four strands of pearls. I want to see if anyone can give me an idea of what it's worth.

I do know it has to be very difficult to tell by these pictures, but I just want a range. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

pearl2.jpg

pearl1.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Is the clasp 14k, sterling silver, mystery metal? You purchased freshwater rice pearls. What did you pay for them?

brian9955

Rough_Rock
Sorry i meant to put that it has 6 strands. The person who sold it to me said it was silver, but i'm not 100%. I paid $60 for them.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I was curious, did they call them vintage seed pearls or are you calling them that. They don't appear to be vintage or seed pearls? Is the clasp marked?

brian9955

Rough_Rock
He told me they were vintage and said he had them for a long time. i took his word for it based on buying things from him before and able to make a large profit.

You won't be able to make a profit off of those. I agree, they look neither vintage or like seed pearls.

I dunno.. they are probably worth around what you paid for them or a bit less.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
If the clasp was 14k gold you might have been ok on the deal. These appear to be freshwater rice pearls. There is little value in the pearls on the secondary market. They are a dime a dozen on ebay. By the way, if you can return them, do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results