shape
carat
color
clarity

two new tahitian projects

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 tahitian projects in the works. One is finishing my faux harvest strand using pearls I have been collecting all year (Chenai has my pearls) I am doing the first half which is stringing a necklace/bracelet set that will fit together to make a rope, about 28 inches. then later I will add another length of 18 inches to it (which will be soon). I am doing a faux harvest now to see if I really like it and will wear it a lot. if I do I will get a kamoka one next.

Here are the pearls and some extras I picked out at PP.

the one circled in red was the one I got to go along with my other pearls. I LOVE tahitians that look like little genie bottles

101pearl.jpg

and next. I was considered getting a nice inexpensive strand of either dyed black akoyas or freshwaters but then thought meh.... so I am getting a strand of very petite little baroque tahitians. and going to make a little necklace with them! I am going to get these from Jac at The Pearl house https://www.etsy.com/shop/thepearlhouse , his pearls are BEAUTIFUL! (my Keshis and over half my faux harvest are from him).

I can't wait for these projects to be done!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I love the enthusiasm in your voice! It's nice to be excited about a project. :angel:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ckrickett and you have a lot of patience collecting pearls from different sources. I like the squashed pearl circled in blue, next to pearl circled in red. It's going to be a gorgeous strand.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Nice projects, ckrickett!

Jacques has really lovely pearls.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
here are some of the different types I got to see which I liked more, the largest is 8 mm

fullsizerender-100.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls! I can't wait to see your finished projects.

Ermit

Rough_Rock
Love it! You are going to end up with such beautiful and personal pieces!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, I look forward to seeing your projects progress.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great eye Ckrickett!! Lovely color and tone! Looking forward to the projects completion!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
China just sent me the layout for the harvest strand with bracelet

harvest_strand_-_kristin_0.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! If you don't already have clasps picked, you might want to consider the Orbit clasps in either silver or gold. They are easy to link together and look great when visible.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

for my other project I have about 1/2 of the pearls I need. So another 30-40 and I should be ready to string! I have a lot of aubergine in the mix.

fullsizerender-103.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
so for my petite strand I have 1/2 the pearls for my rope, and I haven't figured out what clasp (clasps) I want for it yet, but I decided to string it temporarily so I can wear it. and when I order the rest of the pearls from Jac I will restring it with the permanent clasps.

so for a little temp necklace it is pretty fun. I will be more deliberate with placing colors and shapes when I do it for its permanent strand.

fullsizerender_106.jpg

img_1996_0.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Your new strand is very pretty, beautiful colours!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
time to choose clasps. I really like the rhodium plated silver and diamond one. the s hook is nice too.

img_5030.jpg

img_5033_0.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I personally find the s hook very practical, but I don't own any orbit clasps so can't really compare.

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
One finished! I got the rest of the pearls and strung my petite mixed shape rope with a small white gold s hook clasp! It came out really pretty. Here are some pretty terrible pictures. I'll probably post better ones soon

Came out to about 38 inches

fullsizerender_115.jpg
fullsizerender_2_15.jpg
fullsizerender_1_36.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Just got the glamour shots in for my harvest strand with attachable bracelet! Love it!! Can't wait!!! :)

111myharveststrand.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett it's spectacular!! Really special :appl: I love the different shapes, sizes, colors!

I think my favorite strand of pearls is the harvest strand.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful, ckrickett! And in a length you can stare at all the time :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1446239831|3943972 said:
Just got the glamour shots in for my harvest strand with attachable bracelet! Love it!! Can't wait!!! :)

111myharveststrand.jpg

Gorgeous! Pls post lotsa pics when you get it. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous strand CK, I like the colour variations and those keshis are the cutest!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett, they turned out so pretty, I love the baroques with the keshi pearl mix.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I love the petite strand and the harvest strands. Both are gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results