shape
carat
color
clarity

Treasures from Pearls of Joy - Kevin's Blog of Hong Kong

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Check out these glorious ripples! Available by advance order only!

hgripples.jpg

hgripples2.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following Kevin's blog with great interest. The photos are amazing again. I'm loving all of the eye candy :love:.

Allright, confess fellow pearlaholics :naughty:. Who got #2 ripple strand?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I've been following the posts (on Facebook) and that ripple strand had me awestruck! Those colors!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And I get to see them in person this summer! (Picture me doing a happy pearl dance a la teens when they are happy these days --both fists going round and round like I'm stirring a large pot, if you know what I mean.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1403465598|3698723 said:
It was me, baby monster and ckrickett :wink2: .

I EXPECT PICTURES...LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
crickett -- you are polite. I DEMAND tons of pictures!!! Every angle, every light, close and far!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, lots of pictures are in order once you receive those ripples, baby nurse :bigsmile:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby monster and ckrickett, I promise to post lots of pictures!

Bsomlo, you'll be able to wear it next month! And anyone else who attends the Ruckus can do the same!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following his posts too and he looks like he's having a great time with all of those pearls!

baby nurse - You selected a gorgeous strand!!! I can't wait to see it on you! I am trying to get one of those strands myself - we'll see...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you do get one of those strands, pkinnew! Please post pics of it here if/when you find it!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else getting anything special from HK trip? :Up_to_something: I put in my request for earrings to match one of my tahitian strands.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
YES! Double strand of metallic multi-color 9 to 10 mm AND silver keshi dangles!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of shots:

The two bottom strands will make my double -- and I'm having two pearls of different color taken out to make mismatched dangles:

And here are the pair of keshi to make silver metallic keshi dangles:

Larger:

It's such a thrill to follow Kevin's buying trips via his blog and to then have the opportunity to buy these special pearls. Yay!

poj_silver_metallic_keshi_for_dangles.jpg

poj_9_to_10_metallic_1.jpg

poj_9_to_10_mm_metallic_2.jpg

poj_silver_metallic_keshi_for_dangle.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love those gorgeous metallic strands. :cheeky: :appl: Just stunning. Thanks for the photos, and looking forward to more.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, very pretty colors on the metallic double strand!

the silver keshis are a great find!

I can't wait to see the modeling shots!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see those pearls on you. The silver keshi are mesmerizing.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, Kevin was lightening fast, I don't know how he did it! He was sorting through metallic strands in Hong Kong one minute and my custom-made double strand of multi-colored metallic 9 to 10 mm pearls were around my neck the next!

I have a small handful of removed pearls (I like shorter-than-usual strands) and am working on an earring design... TBC.

poj_9_to_10_mm_double_metallic.jpg

poj_9_to_10_mm_metallic_double.jpg

poj_9_to_10_metallic_double_close-up.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Those strands look wonderful on you! I look forward to seeing your earring design. I have some pearls set aside for earrings too, but have not decided what to do with them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Are those ever pretty. :lickout:

Once you have had metallics, can you go back to regular Chinese freshies?

I also wonder about the illusion that the white pearls are larger than some of the pinker pearls whose edges blend into your skin color. Do you notice this in person?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- the pearls are marvelous but they vary in size (9 to 10 mm is the range) and they are off-round. To get the metallic luster and color range, you have to accept the varying sizes and the varying shapes.

Here's another shot of them:

poj_9_to_10_mm_metallic_pearls.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. The first thought in my head was - these look festive like Christmas decorations but in the best possible sense of that description.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo your double strand is perfect :appl: :appl: :appl: who needs them to be perfectly round when they look like that. :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: enjoy your new beauties!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo, the double strand is beautiful! How do you like them on? I am tempted to requests items from the latest HK trip, but I must hold off as I am visiting Sarah at Kojima on Monday to do pick up a commissioned piece and do some extra shopping.... :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4 Ranch -- Thanks! I agree that these are very special and "forgive them" their off-roundness!

mapo -- I love the feel of them on and I just love the festive look! I believe he has an even more intense metallic strand in this size, and a few metallic strands in the smaller mm. I have a smaller round metallic single strand from Kevin and it is very very pretty. (Which is what lead me to wanting a double -- and then in bigger mm?! I'm in!!!)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, that double strand; stunning. And pearls look huge. Pure perfection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results