shape
carat
color
clarity

Thrilled with new restringing products from Pattye

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
http://www.artbeads.com/need-15.html This is a link to the mixed size. I have them and mainly use the long ones..tho I don't know why lol Habit I guess.
The two wires are attached at each end so the 'eye' is the entire middle of the needle. They are very thin and flexible...they can bend out of shape easily but you can flatten them back out again. But the join at each end can wear through the thread and fray it .. so when I go through the beginning and end pearls I move the thread around a bit in the eye before each pearl just so I'm not tugging away at the same spot and sawing through the thread. So I go through one pearl and then just slide the thread and inch or so before going through the next one.

This, like all good lessons, was learned by making a mistake. I was at the end of a long rope and going back through the first of the end pearls..tugging the needle I cut straight through the thread. This also often cuts through the needle and breaks it as well. Just meant I had to switch to two needles to get them through the last two.. but lesson learned.

You can get them at most all of the beading web sites. Big Eye Needles

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks very much to each of you :angel: , HHPmom, NacreLover and Katbran, for sharing your recent experiences using Beader's Secret thread.

The needles from me that NacreLover mentioned have a tiny loop end to hold the thread in place in addition to the large open eye. (Sorry, I don't think I'm allowed to post a photo or link here.) So they are somewhat different from the Artbeads needles.

The generousity of others sharing tips, knotting tutorials and photos, and encouraging words (via forums) have grown me from a beginning knotter to where I am today.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye, I will pull out my camera and put it on Micro and post photos of the needles here today. Individually packaged as I got them from you, Open so they can see how big the hole is and the ends. Didn't know about that feature you mentioned. See you as soon as it gets light here and I get my first cup of coffee down.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye, Both of these items I've tried are great. As a restringer yourself you know great products when you see them. Are you going to offer any other products we need to try?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
NacreLover|1408623429|3736745 said:
Pattye, Both of these items I've tried are great. As a restringer yourself you know great products when you see them. Are you going to offer any other products we need to try?

NL, thank you so much for your positive remarks! :) I'm always on the lookout for products to make our knotting and beading projects successful; so a few things are in the works which I will share with you soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results