shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this harvest rope, please??

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting a tahitian rope after seeing some of the beautiful ones on this forum. I am considering this harvest rope and wanted to know everyone's thoughts on it. Now, knowing that I love the more pastel tahitian pearls- do you think it's too dark? It does seem to have a mix of light and dark, but is it still too dark? I am going to show you 3 pictures. The first is the "glamour" shot showing lots of gorgeous blues and teals-love this, but knowing that the pearls rarely look like the glamour shots I'm torn. The second is the original iphone photo taken in indoor office lighting that has such a yellow cast that you can't tell much of anything. But in the third photo I've used photoshop to remove the yellow color cast and I'm thinking that this may be what the pearls look like IRL.
So- do you love it? :love: like it? =) or do you think "pinkjewel, this isn't the strand for you, keep looking" :hand:

14-08-07-_0.jpg

20140807_125358-1.jpg

adjusted_harvest_rope.jpg

mintea

Rough_Rock
This rope looks pretty - I love the mix of shapes and colors, the "medley" aspect will make it so versatile and "easy to wear" in a casual context. But I think when buying pearls, or any other jewelry really, you need to feel really excited and totally in love! Are there other completed harvest ropes available right now? I'd request a side-by-side comparison shot of this rope that you are considering, and one that has a higher proportion of lighter colored pearls.

Hope you don't mind me just jumping in, lol... I'm new around here, clearly. XD

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, mintea :wavey: The harvest strands with their mixes of sizes and colors appeal to me for casual wear which is what I'm generally running around in.I think of them as very wearable, fun strands!!!

I do think that the tahitians are especially difficult to purchase online due to the color changing characteristics of them and the difference between glamour photos and what they look like in real life. Without being able to try them on in person I'm asking some of the pearl gurus here to help me determine if they think this strand will work for me knowing that I generally can't wear really dark pearls. It's just still hard for me to interpret PPs photos. Jeremy has hand selected this one for me based on knowing my color preferences. However, I am in love with icy jade's pastel rope and wonder if I should wait and ask for him to look for something similar on their HK trip in September- although maybe I need both :rolleyes: as the "feel" of them is quite different =)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a lot of dark pearls so the overall look to me reads dark. If your preferences is for lighter ones, then this strand isn't it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I saw a "Harvest Strand" at PP that Jeremy had made. If this is the one I saw, it is gorgeous with hand selected absolutely beautiful pearls.

However, I would not call it light or pastel and if that is what you are looking for, this will not fill the bill.

If your budget allows for two "Harvest" strands, a lighter and a darker strand, this would be a beautiful darker one.

Keep us posted.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely gorgeous but it would be too dark for me....like you I like the lighter colors on myself.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the responses so far!!
Bsomio- I'm not sure if this is the strand you saw- Jeremy has made a few now. Based on the harvest rope picture on the "other forum" I don't think that this is the same one. I'm sure this strand is gorgeous, too and I'm tempted to see it in person before I decide for sure. If I just want to wear it long- I'm sure it's fine. If I want to double it- it looks like many of the more silvery light pearls may end up around the face. Will have to talk with Jeremy further. Maybe he could "model" it for me :lol:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You can definitely get neck shots sent to you. If Jeremy is the model, you must share the photo with us!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel, that is definitely a darker strand. though lovely, it will not compare to icy jade's lighter strand. like you, i am in the process of having a harvest strand made by jeremy after hearing the news that he was making some and being haunted by icy jade's strand...

i'm not sure if i should post pics yet, but he initially sent me pictures of three strands he made and then pictures of the strand he made for me per my requests. it's still in the process but i was looking for a good mix of colors (both light and dark) and shapes.

Did you have a clasp in mind for your future rope? I've chosen the silver clasp that pp used on the white metallic rope special from july.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
mapo|1407771123|3730227 said:
pinkjewel, that is definitely a darker strand. though lovely, it will not compare to icy jade's lighter strand. like you, i am in the process of having a harvest strand made by jeremy after hearing the news that he was making some and being haunted by icy jade's strand...

i'm not sure if i should post pics yet, but he initially sent me pictures of three strands he made and then pictures of the strand he made for me per my requests. it's still in the process but i was looking for a good mix of colors (both light and dark) and shapes.

Did you have a clasp in mind for your future rope? I've chosen the silver clasp that pp used on the white metallic rope special from july.
mapo- are you on the other forum? I'd love to "talk" more. If so, I'll pm you there.
Clasps are hard, aren't they? I can't remember the one from July's rope- but if it's silver I probably wouldn't chose it for me. I just don't wear silver anymore. I don't know if it's the area I live in (high humidity) or my skin- but silver tarnishes very, very quickly around me. I've actually thought about an invisible clasp if it would hold securely.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1407770316|3730217 said:
You can definitely get neck shots sent to you. If Jeremy is the model, you must share the photo with us!

will do- but probably wouldn't get my hopes up :D

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel - That PP strand has a lot of darker pearls. I was told that PP had gotten a large batch of Tahitians for this sale that consisted largely of dark green pearls with superior luster. When I was there in person, I thought that a lot of the strands were exceedingly dark. This strand is not as dark as they can get, but it still has a higher ratio of dark to light than I think that you would like.

I would also note that Josh of Kamokapearls had made up several harvest strands that I saw at the ruckus. One of them had this exceeding large keshi pearl that I was lusting after. He puts a few special pearls in each of his harvest strands.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1407772638|3730244 said:
pinkjewel - That PP strand has a lot of darker pearls. I was told that PP had gotten a large batch of Tahitians for this sale that consisted largely of dark green pearls with superior luster. When I was there in person, I thought that a lot of the strands were exceedingly dark. This strand is not as dark as they can get, but it still has a higher ratio of dark to light than I think that you would like.

I would also note that Josh of Kamokapearls had made up several harvest strands that I saw at the ruckus. One of them had this exceeding large keshi pearl that I was lusting after. He puts a few special pearls in each of his harvest strands.

thanks Fly Girl! It seems the overwhelming consensus is this strand is not the right one for me!!

I have sent an email to Josh and am waiting to hear back. :)

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel, my handle on the other forum is mcmoo. talk soon!

i live in a very dry place in Ca (drought) so tarnishing isn't such a big deal for me. plus, i can always change the clasp later when I tire of it.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
mapo|1407774863|3730256 said:

i live in a very dry place in Ca (drought) so tarnishing isn't such a big deal for me. plus, i can always change the clasp later when I tire of it.
pm sent =)

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel|1407786775|3730364 said:
mapo|1407774863|3730256 said:

pm sent =)

pm answered!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful strand, but if you have doubts, I would pass. If you like lighter Tahitians, then you should get a strand of lighter ones. My Andy Mueller Harvest Strand (I think it may have been called an Aria Strand?) is predominantly lighter silver, peacock and blue hued Tahitians and I love it. I wear it all the time. I wear it doubled over for evening and then as a long strand for more casual wear. Because I wear a lot of black, I find the lighter colours stand out better, and also, the shades of pastel seem to be more visible on a lighter base, if that makes sense?

If Jeremy doesn't have anything for you now, ask him to look out for you in September in Hong Kong. I know they will be able to buy you something amazing there.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok there must be something blocking me from posting this, as I've posted this 3 times only to not have it show up.

When you guys call PP do you specifically ask to speak to Jeremy? I'm asking because I contacted PP last week about getting a harvest strand and got blown off (as in told they couldn't help me as they wouldn't be out until September, and I'd have to wait to see what comes out on the website then). So I'm shocked to see other people here getting so much help with this!

The person I dealt with also wasn't very helpful in regard to my recent strand purchase either...no offer to help find a strand like what I was looking for, no offer of pictures....I was instead again told to look at the website. When I asked for pictures of two strands the following day, it was suggested to me that I buy both and return the one I didn't like. When I explained (again) the issue of international shipping, I got a "I don't know what to tell you" type response. I got someone else on the 3rd try (hence the pictures), but my experience with PP Is just so not what other peoples experience seems to be, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Aaarg! And to top it off, I finally got my 36.5 inch metallic strand back from last month's sale that I had sent in for repair as the strand broke the first time I wore it..and the one that came back does not look like mine. Not only is it totally potato shaped where mine was off round, it's only 35 inches!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i'm still new to pearls: what specifically is a "harvest" strand?
I mean I know there is a harvest but.....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1407808858|3730604 said:
ok, i'm still new to pearls: what specifically is a "harvest" strand?
I mean I know there is a harvest but.....
MZ - From the Kamoka web site: "The pearls represent what can be found in a harvest, from a 6mm keshi to a 15mm round pearl, from circled pearls to baroque and semi-baroque as well. The different colors are also represented from dusky charcoal to creamy white, aubergine to peacock green and on through varying colors."

http://kamokapearls.com/collections/strands/products/pearl-harvest-rope

The Kamoka harvest rope also has keshi pearls, which I don't see on the PP strand. In the PP case, the pearls represent the variety of Tahitian pearls that they work with, and they have a different starting set of pearls than what would come directly from a pearl farm.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks!
sort of like one of everything.... a sampler....all in one strand

caro40

Shiny_Rock
This definitely looks dark to me. Does it have to be all Tahitians?
I have something that might be called a harvest strand with lots of SS in there and it's light and bright.
My Tahitian strand also has a few lighter colours and it makes a difference - see the other thread on PP sale for pics and you can also compare with the PP shots of the shorter strand next to it to see how dark the newer PP pearls are.

ss_tahitian_3.jpg
ss_tahitian_2.jpg
pearls_tahitians_2.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Sorry to hear you're not getting the service you expected from PP, especially if you received the wrong strand back. I would call and ask for Jeremy and give him this feedback.

caro40 - Your white SS, gold SS and Tahitian strand is amazing! Is it a rope? I'd love to see neck shots!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel - I'm late to the game but I agree that a lighter colored strand would be best for you. Good luck hunting!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat|1407805007|3730543 said:
It's a beautiful strand, but if you have doubts, I would pass. If you like lighter Tahitians, then you should get a strand of lighter ones. My Andy Mueller Harvest Strand (I think it may have been called an Aria Strand?) is predominantly lighter silver, peacock and blue hued Tahitians and I love it. I wear it all the time. I wear it doubled over for evening and then as a long strand for more casual wear. Because I wear a lot of black, I find the lighter colours stand out better, and also, the shades of pastel seem to be more visible on a lighter base, if that makes sense?

If Jeremy doesn't have anything for you now, ask him to look out for you in September in Hong Kong. I know they will be able to buy you something amazing there.

that is an amazing and beautiful strand!!! How do you like the invisible clasp?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1407807652|3730588 said:
Ok there must be something blocking me from posting this, as I've posted this 3 times only to not have it show up.

When you guys call PP do you specifically ask to speak to Jeremy? I'm asking because I contacted PP last week about getting a harvest strand and got blown off (as in told they couldn't help me as they wouldn't be out until September, and I'd have to wait to see what comes out on the website then). So I'm shocked to see other people here getting so much help with this!

The person I dealt with also wasn't very helpful in regard to my recent strand purchase either...no offer to help find a strand like what I was looking for, no offer of pictures....I was instead again told to look at the website. When I asked for pictures of two strands the following day, it was suggested to me that I buy both and return the one I didn't like. When I explained (again) the issue of international shipping, I got a "I don't know what to tell you" type response. I got someone else on the 3rd try (hence the pictures), but my experience with PP Is just so not what other peoples experience seems to be, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Aaarg! And to top it off, I finally got my 36.5 inch metallic strand back from last month's sale that I had sent in for repair as the strand broke the first time I wore it..and the one that came back does not look like mine. Not only is it totally potato shaped where mine was off round, it's only 35 inches!!!

Sorry, you feel like you have not gotten the same service. I have worked multiple times with Chenai and adore her!! I have not worked with any of the other representatives so cannot personally say how their customer service is, but I've read of lots of other good experiences with other sales reps, so I just don't know.

Let me clarify that the harvest strands are NOT part of the tahitian sale and they are for September. I am working with Jeremy right now on the continuation of another project we started last November and the subject of the sale ropes came up and I asked if he thought there would be any pastel ropes coming up in this month's sale and, if so, I would watch for when the ropes were added. He said there would probably not be any, but I may want to wait for September and the harvest ropes and he thought this was the closest to the colors I like and I might like to wait for one like this. But this is NOT a strand that is available to purchase now. If this thread is causing issues I'm asking the mods to please remove it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to hijack the thread...but I just wanted to follow up with my last post. I just got off the phone with PP and I think the issue regarding my strand may have been one of online chat vs. phone. Plus I think I caught them during the frenzy of the first day of the sale, right around the time that the whole system had crashed and they were beside themselves trying to get things righted. I just wanted to let people know, because if I could, I'd take my post back.

Re: the harvest strands...when I asked, they said that they were supposed to be a surprise special for the September sale and are not yet completed or priced, which is why they are not giving info out about them. They said that having them posted on the (other) forum caught them off guard because of the number of calls that they were suddenly getting about them when they are not yet ready to be able to provide information about availability, pricing, colour, or the like. I can totally see that. The power both good and bad of the internet! (great for advertising and driving sales, not so great when people are suddenly asking for things that are not yet ready to be launched).

So, I was asking about things that were overwhelming them, at a time when they were literally overwhelmed.

As for my freshwater strand, I am 100% confident that it will be fixed. (even though at this point the shipping has probably cost PP more than they made on the strand itself)

So I just wanted to let everyone know what happened, because I didn't want to leave my last frustrated post as the end of the story, because it's not.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your update, cmd2014, and for your explanation, pinkjewel.

This was actually my guess as to what was going on, but since it was only a guess, I didn't want to say anything. That is, pinkjewel is already working on a special project, and sometimes you hear more about the pearls. Cmd2014 caught PP at a very busy time with a special request.

For the record, I have never called PP and asked to speak to Jeremy. I've tried to keep my special requests to those by invitation (such as 4Ranch Girl's birthday visits). My mother always taught me to expect little, and to appreciate when more is given. This has been true for me in my dealings with this company.

Enjoy your pearls, cmd2014. Pinkjewel, I'm enjoying your quest for pastel Tahitians and thank you for keeping us in the loop. :wavey:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
cmd, phew. i'm glad everything sorted itself out. i'm working on a project but i had requested it well before the august sale began. i did not ask specifically for anyone, just did an email through pp's website. enjoy your pearls!

pinkjewel, i look forward to your journey to the perfect pastel harvest strand!

misskitty, that is a gorgeous strand! is andy mueller only available in asia?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results