shape
carat
color
clarity

This is a problem

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So I have wanted a nice rope for a while.
I bought a beautiful 54" strand from PP, and a nice 100" strand from TPO (Not that one I was seriously coveting, but the price difference made it an easy choice).

So now that I have satisfied that lust, I have moved onto to drooling over a beautiful silver-ish baroque tahitian strand, and a beautiful baroque multi colored SS strand. My poor emptying bank account :rolleyes:

'Help me out ladies and gents!

Do you have any beautiful baroque tahitian or SS strand? Any tips or other vendors I should know about. I usually just stick with PP and TPO, but I am willing to try someone new!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kojima pearl, Tahitipearlbiz, have bought tahitians from these vendors and been very happy. PP is my go to favorite.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I've purchased many items in the past from The Pearl Source and Kamoka pearl farm, along with Pearl Paradise and The Pearl Outlet. Stay away from ebay, the misrepresented pearl sellers are appalling. Ebay should be ashamed, but obviously are not.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl of Joy and Pure Pearls are another 2 firms I can think of, in addition to those already mentioned.

I have not purchased from Pure Pearls before, however, it is now under new management, and I have heard good things about their set up.

DK :))

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
also try pearloasis.com
I have bought 2 tahitian necklaces from them in the past .

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - You indeed have a problem - the pearl virus! It's really hard to recover from. I think the vendors mentioned by the others will be able to get you over this temporarily!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have also purchased from Sven at Agustus collection. This is one of the vendors that I check regularly for new merchandise.

http://www.easterntradewinds.com/store/home.php

He is also on ebay, and is an excellent vendor. I purchased a mixed SS baroque strand from him, as well as the stunning SS white pearl that is in my avatar. He also carries Kamoka and Kasumi pearls. I purchased my Sea of Cortez pearls that I made into earrings from him as well. I've purchased strands of gemstone rondelles. He carries a lot of fun pieces, including shell carvings. He is located in Bali.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1399387679|3667242 said:
I have also purchased from Sven at Agustus collection. This is one of the vendors that I check regularly for new merchandise.

http://www.easterntradewinds.com/store/home.php

He is also on ebay, and is an excellent vendor. I purchased a mixed SS baroque strand from him, as well as the stunning SS white pearl that is in my avatar. He also carries Kamoka and Kasumi pearls. I purchased my Sea of Cortez pearls that I made into earrings from him as well. I've purchased strands of gemstone rondelles. He carries a lot of fun pieces, including shell carvings. He is located in Bali.

I also highly recommend Agustus Collection - I've only bought from his eBay shop but have found his photos and descriptions to be spot-on and his pricing very fair. He is also open to best offers. Recently I purchased a pair of round deep golden SS pearls from him to wear as earring charms and they are gorgeous.

I have also bought from Kojima Pearls and find Sarah highly reputable - she put together a beautiful multi-color round/near-round Tahitian strand for me that was very reasonably priced, though I am selling it now because I seem to gravitate to my SS pearl pendants rather than strand necklaces. I love to browse her website because I find her pearl selection and jewelry designs quite unique.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I love my silver baroques from PP and alternate between those and my white pearls frequently. The silver goes really well with my neutral wardrobe (black, grey, white, navy). I don't want to enable you, but I'd recommend you get them now while they're still doing their Mother's Day sale. ;-)

This is my thread on my strand (with pictures): [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-impulse-buy-from-pp-silver-baroque-tahitians.197014/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-impulse-buy-from-pp-silver-baroque-tahitians.197014/[/URL]

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1399384815|3667207 said:
ckrickett - You indeed have a problem - the pearl virus! It's really hard to recover from. I think the vendors mentioned by the others will be able to get you over this temporarily!!!

It IS a virus!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like the 3rd and 5th strands most. But it is such a personal choice!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - For me it's #4 then #3 and 5. This is going to be a very hard decision for you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1399493828|3668046 said:
ckrickett - For me it's #4 then #3 and 5. This is going to be a very hard decision for you!
I'm leaning this way as well. They will all look medium grey in a lot of lighting, so I opt for the larger sizes and the nice drop shapes.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for Agustus Collection/Eastern Trade Wind, however, the choices for strands could be more limited than say PP and POJ.

DK :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1399494872|3668057 said:
pkinnew|1399493828|3668046 said:
I'm leaning this way as well. They will all look medium grey in a lot of lighting, so I opt for the larger sizes and the nice drop shapes.

I'm REALLY digging #3 :D :lickout:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
i am not going to tell you which one I like best but what I will say is that if would be wise to go with pearls have very light blemishes, smooth surfaces, very high luster and orient and on the grading scale AA+ and above. Circles are just fine but lots of pin pricks, pits, no.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In the first group I like 3 and 4 both .. but probably 4 more as I like the shape. Colour is hard to tell as the photos looks almost pistachio but the description says medium grey. I like the colour of # 5 but the size is smallish ( I like big!)

In the second group: I don't care for 1 or 2 - #1 the shapes just don't appeal to me and as for #2 those pearls at the front in #2 have too many flaws for me..if there are flaws I want them hidden at the back.
#3 the colours are very pretty as are the pearls .. but I don't know much about the seller
#4 I like but would want them to switch out a couple of the damaged pearls near the front
#5 I like the pearls but would want to see more shots of the colour...they might be very pale .. depends on if that's what you want.
#6 I like the rope, colours look nice, but the photo is a bit small.. I'd ask for more photos.

Really, there are lots of decent choices, it's all in what you want. You've got so many different types of pearls..maybe you should think about what you would get the most wear out of and then just look at the one type. It's easy to get sidetracked by all the shiny pearls ! lol :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think I spent all night looking at a few ebay vendors strands as well

pearl society and es_shop are the 2 I was really looking at, anyone have an experience with these vendors?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1399557670|3668451 said:

pearl society and es_shop are the 2 I was really looking at, anyone have an experience with these vendors?
Ckrickett - Up all night! :(( My dear Ckrickett, I think you need to step back from the computer. :tongue:

But, about Pearl Society, yes, I have ordered individual pearls from them. They give detailed photos and you get exactly what is pictured. I have been pleasantly surprised by a couple of Tahitian pearls I ordered having stronger peacock colors than I perceived from the photos. I had one made into a pendant and the other a ring, and I still enjoy wearing them very much. Luster is not as good as in my Kamokas, but what is? :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1399563590|3668495 said:
ckrickett|1399557670|3668451 said:

Ckrickett - Up all night! :(( My dear Ckrickett, I think you need to step back from the computer. :tongue:

But, about Pearl Society, yes, I have ordered individual pearls from them. They give detailed photos and you get exactly what is pictured. I have been pleasantly surprised by a couple of Tahitian pearls I ordered having stronger peacock colors than I perceived from the photos. I had one made into a pendant and the other a ring, and I still enjoy wearing them very much. Luster is not as good as in my Kamokas, but what is? :))

I wish I could, step back... but working from home makes it difficult, it is also very enabling!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Kamokas!!!!!!! :twirl: :cheeky:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - Do you have an upscale jewelry near where you live that might have some of the SS and Tahitian strands you're looking at? I know they won't have the same selection but you might be able to try a few on and decide what you like and don't like? I've spent my share of time on the Internet - only because we have limited shopping where I live! I would love to try on more!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You need to narrow down your selections to one type of pearl. Also think about the shape that you like best and the size that you feel suits you. Once you have the type, shape, and size you can look at the colours available.

Go try things on and see what works best for you .. then concentrate on searching for that type of strand.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some great choices. I love the gold tahitian strand, and the 50" just because it would be so good to have that luxurious length.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1399653484|3669098 said:
You have some great choices. I love the gold tahitian strand, and the 50" just because it would be so good to have that luxurious length.

I do love that length!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results