shape
carat
color
clarity

thinking of an ebay purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another "what should I buy?" type thread. I''m in the market for a pearl strand...I definitely want a nice AAA or freshadama white pearl strand sometime in the future, but right now my funds are limited. After seeing some good reviews of this seller, I was looking at ebay and found some (what I think) are great deals, but I can''t decide what I should get...here is what I''m thinking about!

White 9mm rice pearl necklace

The pearls aren''t very round, but I like it because they look kind of chunky.

lavender strand

pink strand

Both are pretty colors, and I''m wondering if I should go for one of these and hold off on the white pearls since I want that white freshadama strand eventually...they also both have earrings that could match, very tempting!

Any opinions? I''m not a pearl expert, so tell me what you think!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard to vote because I''m not sure what pearl strands you already own and which colours you prefer. But I see that the vendor is Pearl lunar and I''m actually quite pleased with the quality of their pearls. I recently bought a strand of pinkish gold AAA from them and the lustre was excellent. You can see it in the Show me your pearls thread.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer the lavender strand because I like the colour and they will be much rounder. If the roundness dosn''t bother you the the pink ones look really pretty too.
If I were you I''d hold out on the white ones. If you buy the white rice strand they may get abandoned when you get the nicer white strand, where as these will probably still get some use because they will look good with different outfits then the white strand.

I think pearlunar is a great seller, I purchased 3 pairs of FW stud earings not long ago and they were exactly as described, very good quality for the price (in my very amature opinion).

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:27:28 PM
Author:diamondgirl4382
Here''s another ''what should I buy?'' type thread. I''m in the market for a pearl strand...I definitely want a nice AAA or freshadama white pearl strand sometime in the future, but right now my funds are limited. After seeing some good reviews of this seller, I was looking at ebay and found some (what I think) are great deals, but I can''t decide what I should get...here is what I''m thinking about!

White 9mm rice pearl necklace

The pearls aren''t very round, but I like it because they look kind of chunky.

lavender strand

pink strand

Both are pretty colors, and I''m wondering if I should go for one of these and hold off on the white pearls since I want that white freshadama strand eventually...they also both have earrings that could match, very tempting!

Any opinions? I''m not a pearl expert, so tell me what you think!
DG, you can''t go wrong ordering from Pearl Luna. They are the first seller I look at when I''m going to buy unstrung strands for projects. Their pictures are dead on for color and luster but I do need to "caution" you that, as all eBay sellers do, they take extreme closeups so while the pearls always look huge in the pictures, I have a moment of reality check when I get them as they seem smaller. I have measured them and they are the exact size listed, it is just that my mind has to catch up with what I read and purchased vs what I saw in the closeups.

I bought several of the pink strands to string as gifts and they are a very pretty color with a lot of silver overtone. I also bought a strand of the lavender and they are a true lavender. As to what color would be best, I think the pink would be more "neutral". I wear the pink much more than I do the lavender.

I also like the white rice pearls and the price is low enough. I have several strands of white in different size and shape. I do tend to grab my rounds most often but the rice, and the coin I also have, seem to be more casual to me so I do wear them when I am not as dressed up. I do think you would wear them less after buying the Freshdama, and the pink or lavender are different enough to not compete w/ the white so I would go w/ the colored strand.

Not to mention, have you seen the pics of Skippy wearing white and grey? I think the white and pink would make a cool look also.

Good luck w/ your choice! You will love whatever you decide on.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice! It is especially nice to hear from others who have used this seller and been happy with the qualiry. I decided to go with the pink strand. I think the color will look better with my skin tone than the lavender, and I''m going to hold out on white pearls until I get that freshadama strand (Christmas, maybe? :). I also love the idea of wearing them together...that is a great look! I guess it will be three weeks or more before I receive the pink strand, but I''ll be sure to post pictures when I do get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results