shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about a baroque pearl necklace....

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I sort of love this!

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/freeform-baroque-south-sea-pearl-necklace-wnme.htm

What do you all think? My only concern is that it would be a comfortable length to wear - I'd get the 18 inch I think and the golden bronze color cast to some of the pearls - I wonder if that would make them look better or slightly off color. My skin tone has an olive undercast and isn't too pale. Do you think this could be an every week or so work piece? I've just always loved baroque pearls. How about the price???

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen the pearls from PP when I was there in November choosing my strand of white south seas and they are crazy beautiful. The silver is almost florscent it is so shiny. I bet you would love either one of the strands.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I really like the shapes in your original post. Very cool and unique! :appl: I've actually been eyeing them myself, but the budget isn't there. I'm not into round white pearls, myself, I like a lot of shape if it's going to be white. I also like the size on those, love the drama.

Call Jose, and ask him about them, he will give you his honest opinion. He might also have others that are not on the site, and he can send you pics. I noticed when I got my pearls that they looked a lot better in real life than they did on the site, I think his pics are a little soft. Ask him to extend your return time if you want more time to think about them after you receive them. He's pretty easy going, and the fact that he's still kicking after I put him through the wringer on my bracelet (poor guy sent a ton of pics and I called him about 5 different times, then I had to have it the next day!) says a lot about him. :bigsmile:

And don't forget to come back with pics! :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I can attest to what iLander has said about Jose. He is in my town and I have worked with him on several pieces. I'm just lucky enough to be able to meet him in person. He will go above and beyond to be helpful and everything I have ended up getting from him has never been on his website. Next week I will drive 2 hours to meet with Jeremy at PP. Both of the sellers go above and beyond to meet their clients requirements.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the input! Now I feel sort of torn. Is the PP strand very metallic in person, like the picture, or softer looking? That might be a little too intense for me. I don't usually wear such dramatic jewelry but I'm just drawn to this strand. And I LOVE the one in your avatar 4ranchgirl. I'm a little worried that the piece will be too much for me to wear. Do you think Jose can offer a modeling shot, lol? I'm thinking with a cardigan at work and with a black tank top on the weekend -- does that work?

These are pretty as well, no idea of the company.

http://www.lagunapearl.com/9-14mm-Silver-Australian-South-Sea-Baroque-Pearl-Necklace_18_collection_1138.htm

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I tried to start a thread on neck shots, but as it was going along, I realized it didn't help unless you knew the size and weight of the person in the shot. Then you have to know their neck size. I have some 10-12mm round pearls, that look big on me. I'm a size 4, but I'm very fine-boned, pretty thin. When my daughter puts them on, they look a lot smaller on her. BUT, she's a size 4 too! But her frame is a bit larger. She actually weighs 10 pounds less than me, but the pearls look almost small on her. It's really kind of weird!

So, where were we? :twirl:

Oh, yeah. I would ask Jose for a neck shot, he's pretty easygoing. I know he has a woman working in his office, I spoke to her a couple of times. BUT make sure you find out what size/weight/frame she is, or you really won't be able to tell anything.

And you can always return it, if you decide you don't like it. I get most stuff from him via second day air, so it comes quick.

I wish you hadn't sent me over to his site, I was supposed to make a three-stone ring in Colored Stones, but now you have me looking . . . :D

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Winternight, ages ago you asked for my blood orange meringue pie recipe. I have posted it with pictures of the making process in Diamond Hangout forum in the easter menu thread.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1303446867|2902427 said:
Winternight, ages ago you asked for my blood orange meringue pie recipe. I have posted it with pictures of the making process in Diamond Hangout forum in the easter menu thread.

Hammers out his own ring settings AND he cooks, too! :shock: :D

Don't mix those two activities up . . .

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
winternight|1303421693|2902169 said:
Thanks for all the input! Now I feel sort of torn. Is the PP strand very metallic in person, like the picture, or softer looking? That might be a little too intense for me. I don't usually wear such dramatic jewelry but I'm just drawn to this strand. And I LOVE the one in your avatar 4ranchgirl. I'm a little worried that the piece will be too much for me to wear. Do you think Jose can offer a modeling shot, lol? I'm thinking with a cardigan at work and with a black tank top on the weekend -- does that work?

These are pretty as well, no idea of the company.

http://www.lagunapearl.com/9-14mm-Silver-Australian-South-Sea-Baroque-Pearl-Necklace_18_collection_1138.htm
The PP necklace is a once in a life time beautiful necklace. If you call there and have it set aside I will look at it for you Thursday morning when I am there and report back to you here. I am going to be trying on several other necklaces for friends and texting them pics of them on my neck. It goes againt my having neck shots but for BFF's it is what you do. On a thread I started "thought I would share" is my white ss necklace I got in November it has increadable silver color and luster but the necklace you are looking at is far and above better. You can see the color and luster of my necklace better farther down on the page in the matching drop white ss earrings. Again the necklace you are considering is far and above better than mine and my is a stunner. I actually looked and considered your choice. PP has a very good return policy and they will send you more pictures too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results