shape
carat
color
clarity

The PP Vietnamese Pearl Sale

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, that is just gorgeous! Can we see a neck shot?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Closeup

img_5878.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
marymm|1449435221|3958310 said:
I couldn't resist the 5-6mm deep gold Vietnamese Akoyas (#VRNA00-DG) after all, and just ordered a strand - when I receive them, I'll be sure to post IRL photos here too.

I look forward to seeing them. :D

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Nacrelover- Woah @.@

Those are stunning. I'm loving the combination of while, blue, and gold. The interspersed gold and yellow metal is also interesting.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover - Those new goldens of yours are delicious. You have a great strand there.

My silver pistachio strand and blue strand are here. So bright and shiny and pretty. Wearing my blue strand today with a very casual top. I love having a bit of color in my pearls, and it is a delight to have these to wear when a strand a big Tahitians might be a bit much. I'm providing neck shots so you can see the different colors. Today I have on a blue top, so the blues are the better choice here.

ppakkoya_1360.jpg

blue_1361.jpg

pist_1355.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
pencilcase|1449444495|3958355 said:
Nacrelover- Woah @.@

Those are stunning. I'm loving the combination of while, blue, and gold. The interspersed gold and yellow metal is also interesting.

Yes I put quad spacers and white or yellow gold beads on either side of the blue pearls to set them off.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love all the different blues, and the golds.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl|1449445889|3958361 said:
My silver pistachio strand and blue strand are here. So bright and shiny and pretty.

I'm sooo happy you took a picture of both together since I've been wondering what the difference in the two were. Aren't they just cute and gorgeous? I just love my little pistachio pearls. I can't wait until they have bigger ones next time.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1449435335|3958311 said:
Icy, that is just gorgeous! Can we see a neck shot?

Thanks! It's hard to capture the right color. I was in a teal dress.

Office, under fluorescent light:
image_209.jpg

Lunch, warm lighting in a store. Check out the mini photo bomber over my shoulder.
image_210.jpg

This torsade is almost at my weight limit for comfy wearing. Made me wonder how heavy the kamoka torsade is.

The individual strands on my bathroom counter:
image_211.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, Icy! :love: :love: :love:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Icy: Triple? You have a triple? Be still my heart. Please tell me more about your triple. Size, length of strands, Vietnamese or Japanese?

I love how you wove the silver blues into the triple.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful blues, ladies! Thanks so much for posting pics for the rest of us to enjoy.

I wonder, though, if twisting akoya strands or trying them in a knot is a good idea in the long run. Since their nacre is thinner than other types of pearls, I don't know?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tucs and Bweaves.

I got this triple a year ago from PP. I think they are Japanese but I'm not sure and never asked. I was on the wait list for really blue akoyas after I saw and lusted over baby nurse's gorgeous doubles. Here are some more details and pics:

icy_jade|1416897448|3790078 said:
13. Strand of triple blue baroque akoya during the October PP spooky sale - 7.5-8 mm. I needed 4 strands for my fat neck...

image_2583.jpg

IRL:
image_2603.jpg image_2604.jpg

Neck shots:
image_2602.jpg

Yes they are quite blue irl. :)

Originally posted here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-bought-some-new-stuff.208129/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-bought-some-new-stuff.208129/page-3[/URL]

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Great, another necklace I'm lusting after.

What size mm are the pearls? Nevermind, I saw your link. 7-8 mm. Thanks! They are gorgeous.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous blues everyone!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist the little blues! I got a strand of the 5-6mm ones.

_35557.jpg

_35558.jpg

_35559.jpg

_35560.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Okay, Baby Nurse, you lured me out :) I haven't asked for my strand of tiny deep blue V akoyas to ship yet ... but after seeing yours, I'm going to do so. I absolutely LOVE yours nested inside your other blues ... just stunning!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Wow! More nested blues. I love them.

I'm just a fan of smaller pearls, anyway. They're much lighter to wear, and you can layer them up easier.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1449751997|3959767 said:
I'm just a fan of smaller pearls, anyway. They're much lighter to wear, and you can layer them up easier.

That's great news for big pearl lovers like me! :lol:

These Vietnamese strands do look a lot darker blue, or at least the dark blue ones do. Can see the difference compared to baby nurse's gorgeous doubles/extra single. A torsade like the one 4rg is getting will be heavenly, and probably not too heavy too.

Baby nurse: what size are the pearls on your double strand?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The double strand is 8.5-9mm, icy jade :wavey: .

I had to double check the receipt!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRDKeshi|1449725140|3959692 said:
Okay, Baby Nurse, you lured me out :) I haven't asked for my strand of tiny deep blue V akoyas to ship yet ... but after seeing yours, I'm going to do so. I absolutely LOVE yours nested inside your other blues ... just stunning!

I'm happy to have lured you out, CRDKeshi because it's the biggest treat to see you around these parts!!

And I can't wait to see your little blue akoya, as well! Please share as soon as you get them : )

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Ladies, love all of your blue babies!!! :appl:

BabyNurse, can you share with us what kind of blue is your new petite vietnamese? Are they intense blue? And can you also comment a bit on how dark the blue is between the different set of strands? I am learning that there seems to be Intense, Very, Blue, Silver-Blue? Did I miss a category somewhere?

I got a strand of Very Blue from this batch, but sadly ended up returning it for a few reasons -
I feel like the blue is still a bit light for me. And I don't have prior blue akoya strands to wear with the baby vietnamese blues. I am a petite girl but likes big pieces with no neck weight limit, so a single strand of baby vietnamese just didn't do it for me, and I didn't want to hold onto this strand waiting to possibly pick up more sibling strands in the future for torsades and such.

Oh well! Until next time. :twirl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purranha|1449779584|3959919 said:
Ladies, love all of your blue babies!!! :appl:

BabyNurse, can you share with us what kind of blue is your new petite vietnamese? Are they intense blue? And can you also comment a bit on how dark the blue is between the different set of strands? I am learning that there seems to be Intense, Very, Blue, Silver-Blue? Did I miss a category somewhere?

I got a strand of Very Blue from this batch, but sadly ended up returning it for a few reasons -
I feel like the blue is still a bit light for me. And I don't have prior blue akoya strands to wear with the baby vietnamese blues. I am a petite girl but likes big pieces with no neck weight limit, so a single strand of baby vietnamese just didn't do it for me, and I didn't want to hold onto this strand waiting to possibly pick up more sibling strands in the future for torsades and such.

Oh well! Until next time. :twirl:

Here is a different view of the same pic, Purranha. To simplify things, I'll refer to the strand on the far left as strand #1, followed by strands #2, #3, and #4 moving from left to right.

In this pic, intensity of blue decreases from left to right. In my *limited* experience, I'd say tiny strand #1 on the far left is intense blue, but not nearly as intense blue as 4RG's little blues.

Strands two and three make up my double strand. Strand two (inner strand of the double strand piece), is very blue with a lot of pink, purple, and teal. The one beside it, strand number 3 (outer strand of the double strand piece.) is also very blue but not as much as strand number two.

Strand 4 is about the same saturation of blue as strand #3.

I got my blue strands by calling PP and asking if they could look for blue akoya for me on their next buying trip. I called again shortly before the trip to make sure they knew how interested I was in these strands. My best recommendation to you would be to do the same with any of the well-known vendors such as PP, POJ, Pure Pearls, Kojima, etc.

I hope this helps!

littleblueakoya5.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
BabyNurse: Thanks for the close ups of your blues. It's so nice to be able to compare them "through the loupe" so to speak. Also, I love the photo where you have the little strand nested with the biggest strand.

Purrahna: Just out of curiosity, which size and shape were the pearls you're returning? Were they the 5-6 mm or the 6-7? Were they the almost round, or the baroque? Were they blue or silver blue in description? (Not that I'm thinking of calling up PP and getting another strand or anything.)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1449760283|3959815 said:
The double strand is 8.5-9mm, icy jade :wavey: .

I had to double check the receipt!

Thank you! They look a lot bigger. I thought 9-9.5mm.

It's great to see all the blues on this thread.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
BabyNurse - thank you SO MUCH for the specs breakdown and picture comparison, uber helpful, I really appreciate it! And agreed with everyone, I also love the picture where you have the petite blue nested in the larger blue. :love:

BWeaves - I think you should TOTALLY get another strand if you are happy with your current ones. They are soooo lovely, but because they are so tiny for me personally, it's hard to stand on its own. But that also largely have to do with my personal jewelry style preference. Here are the specs Hisano shared with me - I picked #2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The top 3 strands are our regular blue baroques to show you how deep the blues are with the smaller Vietnamese strands.
I chose very blue strands in 5-7 mm baroque (#1) and near round in 6-7mm strands (#2 and 3).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, the image upload function isn't currently working. I'll post this reply first and try posting pic in a bit.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Ok let's see if picture upload works this time.

vqn-very.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Purrahna: You got 3? Which one or ones did you return?

Thanks.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Oh no no - Hisano gave me 3 choices and I picked #2 and returned it.
So not sure if other people snagged #1 & #3!
I didn't have the foresight to say I want 2, or 3 strands!
So of course only kicking myself after seeing everyone's ropes & torsades. :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results