shape
carat
color
clarity

The Fun Never Stops

c langston

Shiny_Rock
I had purchased a loose strand of smaller kasumi like pearls 10.5mm a few weeks ago. First run at the project when they arrived was to string them by themselves with a simple gold clasp, looked at them for another week and decided it was too short. I couldn't find any exact matches to lengthen the necklace but I found something close, a partial strand of mixed pondslime color near round 6.5mm (+-) pearls. I suppose until I can find another matching strand of the larger kasumi like pearls this will work short term. This is a good length that I can do a multi-strand twist into a choker to switch them up when ever the whim strikes. I have two long strands of itty bitty 3.5-4mm white strand and champagne strand, I think I like them with the champagne the best (for now).

_6489.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like texture and contrast: you've accomplished both! well done!

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Thank you mrs. taylor my projects tend to be middle of the road quality bits that I find & put together. For years I wanted only the finest quality, I would scrimp & save for the pieces that I thought I had to have, those foundation building blocks of a ladies jewelry box. As I got older the "very good stuff" would stay locked up in the safe only pulled out for special occaisions. I kept on buying just about everything over the years and found that I was most comfortable with the pieces that were "good" BUT if I was traveling or something happened to them I would be bummed out by the loss but not heart broken at losing an heirloom piece. So if I can find AA+, VS1, unusual pieces (read not outrageously expensive, certainly not cheap) that is my sweet spot.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a great solution when you wanted a longer strand, nicely done! Love the versatility now and they are truly pretty pearls. Bet you receive lots or compliments and questions.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
It's a very smart way. I love your idea.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
c langston -- that is a great idea and the mix of colors and textures is great!

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments ladies! Now have any of you seen projects with those really thin toothpick pearls (drilled long wise) strung end to end? Saw some pretty pink ones, but I haven't seen them used in anything yet to get inspired. Maybe a Morris Code bracelet, that says something special? Not many people would 'get' that I don't think...but if it was pretty it may not matter to anyone but me.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Love the multi-strands design with different shapes of pearls put together. Very unique and eye-catching. Thanks for sharing your design, :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results