shape
carat
color
clarity

Tempted.... What do you think?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so tempted to get this Tahitian drop pendant! I've been staring at this picture off and on for the last 24 hours. However, not owning any Tahitians, I'm not sure how to read this photo.

Do you think this pearl would be too dark in person? And is the size (9-10mm) right for this style of pendant? I know I could buy and return if necessary, but with the holidays coming up, I'd rather not have to worry about returns shipping. I keep thinking there must be a reason someone else hasn't snapped it up by now.... Either way, I'm enjoying the eye candy! :bigsmile:

9-10mm_tahition_drop_pendant.png

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to add: the length from bail to the bottom of the pearl is about 2 inches.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Imho, 9-10mm is a nice size. My favorite Tahitian pendant is 9.5, and I have larger.

The drop seems kind of long. Is that your style? I like the setting.

My guess is that some of the T pendants move slower simply because many people already have one.

Bottom line -- do you love it?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1418155001|3798411 said:
Imho, 9-10mm is a nice size. My favorite Tahitian pendant is 9.5, and I have larger.

The drop seems kind of long. Is that your style? I like the setting.

My guess is that some of the T pendants move slower simply because many people already have one.

Bottom line -- do you love it?

Hi ennui - any pics of your 9.5mm pendant?

The long drop isn't like anything I have currently, but I was thinking it would look fantastic with a wrap and/or v neck dress! I do love it based on the picture, but I'm guessing the colors won't pop nearly as much in real life.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if you can see it, but it's the pearl in my profile picture.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks very pretty and it would be perfect with a wrap dress or a low v neck!!! Remember- lots of lurkers on PS, so if you really want it you should go ahead and buy it now!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I remembered I have another photo of my favorite Tahitian ... it's prettier in person, has pinks and greens.

For the "temptation" pendant, I think part of the cost is the diamonds and gold chain.

dscf0127.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I think the setting is very lovely and unique and the pearl looks beautiful! I'd go for it!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
There's only one, so you may want to nab it... just sayin'.

Hey, it's gone. I hope you got it!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Out of stock! Who got it?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I finally contacted PP about the pendant, hoping to save a bit of money by buying it without the chain, but no dice.... so then I just bought it ASAP as a Christmas gift to myself. ;)) I figured if someone else got it, I would be kicking myself forever. Will post pictures when it gets here!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the colour and the shape of the pearl, however, it would too small for me personally as a pendant due to my size and chunky neck.

DK :))

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1418161640|3798480 said:
I like the colour and the shape of the pearl, however, it would too small for me personally as a pendant due to my size and chunky neck.

DK :))

Can I sit next to you? The pearl would be fine, but the 16" chain would be too short for me.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update: I did purchase the pendant and managed to get a few quick shots today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the pearl reads mostly blue w/ silver and green/peacock to my eye as opposed to the darker grey/blue I was afraid of! The light blemishing actually blends right into the color banding and is not visible when worn on the neck.

Jury's still out on the pendant setting itself -- the white gold is sort of textured, which makes this piece look more like silver than 14k WG.

(I'm trying to upload pics, but PS keeps quitting on me.)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
By the window. The righthand picture has the pearl swinging with my camera set to "Sports" mode.

by_1.png

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely pearl!

I like the setting a lot. It is more casual and edgier than the more traditional designs.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
One more to better show the blemish. It is in the upper lefthand side - straight above the reflection of my head. :bigsmile:

blemish.png

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! That color is to die for! So glad you got it, wear it with good health!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
The colour is amazing! I can see why the made a pendant out of it.

I particularly wouldn't mind the setting looking more like silver, but I like silver. Please post some neck shots!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is a really pretty Tahitian drop pearl. Love the color and the shape. The little disks add interest to the length of chain.

A number of my pendant drops have a small blemish. Not a big deal. The color is what you see.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh my stars that is a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! The color!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Another example of prettier in real life than glamour shot. Wear your new pendant in health. I like the matte WG -- I think it's a unique design. Lovely colors!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Bling the color of that pearl is just TDF. I sure would not think twice about any small blemish with a pearl that color. But by all means send it back if you don't like the necklace.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
A very small blemish wouldn't bother me as long as the pearl has amazing luster and colour like this one. I like white gold so I think this necklace is perfect.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh love love love! Look at that color and luster! I think you made an amazing buy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results